by default I choose | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

by default I choose

Moore is not the answer. He can't throw to the left. If he isn't replaced quickly then everyone will be fired.

That is true also, Moore is younger than Weeden, so he still can do some growing as an NFL QB . . . I'm hopeful Philbin and Moore have had a chance to really get a good feel for each other although I'm sure Jeff Ireland didn't give Matt Moore much confidence when he proclaimed "We need a Quarterback that can get us over the hump" . . . he is right but hopefully that is more smoke at the Senior Bowl more than a shot at Matt Moore.

Let me ask you . . . knowing we can't stand pat with Moore and Devlin, what other options do you like to add to the QB depth chart? I truthfully have wanted Tannehill or Weeden for the longest with that 2nd round pick, but it feels like neither will be there and I know we need a pass rusher in round 1. How would you feel if we drafted Tannehill at #8/#9 and rolled with him and Matt Moore, Devlin and possible a 2nd tier FA (i.e. Campbell, Henne, Josh Johnson, Hoyer, etc.) for less money? How about missing out on Weeden/Tannehill, going pass rusher in round 1 and settling for one of those cheaper FA's and sticking with Devlin as the #3 on the depth chart. What is you vision?

I would not mind signing Henne if it was for cheap. I think he would have looked a lot better last year had our entire team not shown up unready and completely out of shape. I would be ok with signing any decent backup type QB to back up Moore for just this year to see what Moore can do. If Moore fails to take us to the playoffs with some good peices around him and a full year of starting then he will officially be our back up and it's time to find our guy in the draft. Also not against drafting a QB this year as long as we don't trade the house for RG3. Also don't like Tannehill at #9. Only if we drop back some in the draft.

*Also puts on big boy pants for this bashing I'm bout to get*

What about Chad Henne? :ponder:

you may begin bashing me now. I have on my big boy pants today. It's cool....haha

wont bash you hell its an opinion. I dont agree that he is on level with flacco though and I think Smith is better but tebow yea I would rather have Moore.

wont bash you hell its an opinion. I dont agree that he is on level with flacco though and I think Smith is better but tebow yea I would rather have Moore.

your right about moore not being on level with Flacco.
Flacco hasnt played as well in his 3 years with the same offense, as Moore has with the Dolphins in his first few months.

Flacco may have played a little better but he has also been in the same system for a while, has a far superior o-line, and better defense. I think Moore would do just as good or better than Flacco if he was in his spot.

Flacco may have played a little better but he has also been in the same system for a while, has a far superior o-line, and better defense. I think Moore would do just as good or better than Flacco if he was in his spot.

Well you have a right to think anyway you want but Flacco has come into the league and played well from day one while Matt Moore bounces around the league with up an down play

Moore is a great backup and nice stopgap until we get a franchise QB. I love Moores play and hope he proves me wrong and develops into a QB who can take this team to and win a Superbowel. Dilfer did.

Matt Moore. I am not sold on RG3 and think we will have to give up way to much to jump up and get him. I think Flynn is highly over rated and has proven nothing so far. Flynn might be pretty good but I don't see him being way better than Moore if any. We would be paying him a monster contract and his performance in my opinion would only be a little better than Moore's if any. Peyton could be a good option because we would only sign him for 2 years or so. If he busts at least it won't kill us for years and years. We as Dolphins fans are rightfully over eager to jump on a QB because we have been put through hell ever since #13 left our lives. I am by no means saying we don't need a franchise QB but I think Moore has earned the right to get a full off season of practice and a full season to see what he can do. I think Moore would take us to the playoffs this coming year and maybe farther. If he doesn't then draft a 1st round QB every year until we get our guy. As we saw from this year you have guys like Flacco, Tebow, and Smith that all won playoff games. I think Moore's skills/potential is equal to or better than all of them. Not saying he will be our savior or anything but like the title says " Moore by default "[/QUOTE
beilqe-1.jpg

Attachments

• Massimo.jpg
    Massimo.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 1
Well you have a right to think anyway you want but Flacco has come into the league and played well from day one while Matt Moore bounces around the league with up an down play

Flacco has a career QB rating of 86. Respectable but nothing to write home about and not much better than Moore's career rating that is also in the 80's. Not hating on Flacco as I think he is worth keeping as well but I think if you give Moore the same team as Flacco and the same time in the system he would do just as good or better.

Matt Moore. I am not sold on RG3 and think we will have to give up way to much to jump up and get him. I think Flynn is highly over rated and has proven nothing so far. Flynn might be pretty good but I don't see him being way better than Moore if any. We would be paying him a monster contract and his performance in my opinion would only be a little better than Moore's if any. Peyton could be a good option because we would only sign him for 2 years or so. If he busts at least it won't kill us for years and years. We as Dolphins fans are rightfully over eager to jump on a QB because we have been put through hell ever since #13 left our lives. I am by no means saying we don't need a franchise QB but I think Moore has earned the right to get a full off season of practice and a full season to see what he can do. I think Moore would take us to the playoffs this coming year and maybe farther. If he doesn't then draft a 1st round QB every year until we get our guy. As we saw from this year you have guys like Flacco, Tebow, and Smith that all won playoff games. I think Moore's skills/potential is equal to or better than all of them. Not saying he will be our savior or anything but like the title says " Moore by default "
I completely agree with you about Moore. As for Flynn, I think Philbin is the only guy who really knows if he is overrated.

Quote: "I think Flynn is highly over rated and has proven nothing so far".

Pray tell, how much has RG3 or Weeden proven? I keep hearing this said about Flynn from people who want to draft RG3 or Weeden.

It is not an argument that makes sense. If anything, Flynn has proven more than either of those 2 combined. What did either RG3 or Weeden lead their team to in college? Flynn led his team to a National Championship. What has RG3 or Weeden done in the NFL? Neither one of them have taken a snap. Meanwhile, in 2 starts, Flynn has looked impressive running an offensive scheme employed by the man we now hired as head coach! You want to tout RG3s abilities then great. You want to tout Weedens arm, then great. But as far as NFL cred, they are both way more overrated than Flynn at this point. Thats not even debatable.

Quote: "I think Flynn is highly over rated and has proven nothing so far".

Pray tell, how much has RG3 or Weeden proven? I keep hearing this said about Flynn from people who want to draft RG3 or Weeden.

It is not an argument that makes sense. If anything, Flynn has proven more than either of those 2 combined. What did either RG3 or Weeden lead their team to in college? Flynn led his team to a National Championship. What has RG3 or Weeden done in the NFL? Neither one of them have taken a snap. Meanwhile, in 2 starts, Flynn has looked impressive running an offensive scheme employed by the man we now hired as head coach! You want to tout RG3s abilities then great. You want to tout Weedens arm, then great. But as far as NFL cred, they are both way more overrated than Flynn at this point. Thats not even debatable.

I agree with you 100%.....that's why I said I'm not sold on RG3 either. I like RG3 and think he has a lot of potential but I think it would cost us more than he is worth. It's all about price vs quality. I think we get good quality from Moore with a very small price tag. That's a good deal. RG3, Manning, and Flynn all have major concerns with them and all will cost us a crap load of money. If we could land Luck I would do it because I am sold on him. The rest of the QB's in the draft...not so much

Back
Top Bottom