Calvin Pace Update | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Calvin Pace Update

I knew this was coming, never thought he was signing here, where do we turn now though

A couple of days agao Pace was walking on water on this board, now he is a 1 year wonder? Who knows, he may not pan out, but maybe he will, i am just happy we are being aggressive!:woot:
I wanted him, for the right price. You can search all my posts, I was not all for throwing anything more than 10 million in guarantee on Pace [compared to Briggs], and when people were saying 20 million, that kind of scared me away and I didn't want him anymore. He's not worth the money, for our team.

The Jets has a different blue print. You are not rooting for a 1-15 team last I remember, so you would know that we would be going through HELL if we invested that much on this one player when we obviously have this #1 overall pick who may flirt with 30 million in guarantee and SOO many other needs.

No, we are knocking the Jets for giving a $20M signing bonus to a one year wonder. Big difference between $22M gauranteed and $20M signing bonus paid all at once. That's a huge chunk of change paid for non-Pro Bowl player.

$20M in signing bonus means that money is GONE. It's not a massaging of the books. That money is physically GONE.

And another thing, antogonizing a Jets fan as a member of the Dolphins board is all fun and games. However, attacking a fellow Dolphin fan on the same board is a different issue. Especially when it's obvious, with an emoticon, that I was joking and jesting in good fun.

No need for the attack. Ease up.

I did not attack you, I was just using your post as an example. We were basically giving Pace similar money, he chose the jets over us and I'm not really upset. I think way too much money is being spent on guys that have done too little.

Rotoworld's take on New York's big signing.............

"We love Pace's potential, but this is insane money for a player that's had one legitimately good season. The Dolphins and Cardinals weren't going to go this high. Pace will likely play weak outside linebacker in New York opposite LOLB Bryan Thomas. He could approach double digit sacks at that position."

like i said i wanted pace, and i said if we didnt get him i would be disappointed, but i also said nothing is going to stop me from being happy about the future of the dolphins and the direction we are going which is up

the money actually makes me less angry, i think it was good for bill and co to walk away, we keep all that money to do something with

the jets are throwing all there chips into the middle of the table and it could backfire big time

You know we did not offer much less, so lets not act like the Jets are idiots since we probably only lost out by maybe a couple million.

Yeah I'm not sure... The last number I saw us offer (that was an ACTUAL offer, not a rumor) was $15 million guaranteed... that's $7 million (nearly 50 percent of our offer) less than what the Jets signed him for at $22 million.

I don't think you'll find a lot of "OVERRATED" threads, because lots of people on here wanted him... but I'm sure you'll see "OVERPAID" threads. He made more than Lance Briggs, AND that's based on one good year. I REALLY wish we would have gotten him, but not at $22 million gauranteed. If he would have signed our offer, I'd gladly welcome him with open arms, but for that big of a cap hit.

I'd much rather pay that money to say... Chris Long, if we get stuck at the #1 pick.

My hunch was right. A lot of money, but I would have given it to him.

Oh well, at least we can move on!

Im not going to lie, this bums me out but I agree, 22 mil. guarenteed is way to much. Jets overpaid big time.

They are making good moves and i think that they are placing themselves second in the division quite easily. I am not for signing all the big names, but it would be nice to get a known instant impact player. Just one. Oh well, maybe we'll do something, whos left out there though. We arent really showing intrest in anyone else.

I'm kind of relieved actually. Pace was the one potential I felt uncomfortable with (given the money), and this isn't hindsight ... said so in a thread a few days ago. Pace really has done absolutely nothing in his career ... 6.5 sacks a career high, and 2.5 of those came in one game where he padded his totals against a horrible Jeff Backus. The Dolphins are not in dire straights at the OLB with JT, Porter and possibly Chris Long (I believe it's also the likely position for Matt Roth), they didn't need to make a desperate move there.

I'll be more than happy if they spend that money on Blaystock and sign Maurice Williams to fill a starting OL spot (and have plenty left over).

and another thing..they are going to get Gholsten now in the draft and pay him big $???

OMG! what was there salary cap 5 days ago?

u know what they are doing? just like the bills when they traded people for other people and called it an upgrade but still put them in cap hell in the process and they still stunk!

They trade Vilma for Pace and Robertson for Jenkins...yippee! your the great MANGENIUS!:lol:

Vilma was traded for conditional picks, Robertson deal hasnt gone through yet.

Cap hell how? Dont you understand these things are thought through before it is offered to the FA's?

I just called my buddy and told him to get a message to Pace and tell him MIami said F*&^K um!!
This situation reminds me of Damion Woody a few years ago. Came here loved the miami area, was wined and dined by Wanye H., we gave him a really good offer and he up and leaves for chicago without signing a contract.Then winds up signing there instead. It's all about the money now days. I like others on this board are just wondering where the jests are getting all this money to sign everyone? And D. Woody supposed to sign for 20 mill as well? Humm...At least it looks like JT is going to stay and that still pumps me up.We'll see how it all plays out after the draft.

I wanted him, for the right price. You can search all my posts, I was not all for throwing anything more than 10 million in guarantee on Pace [compared to Briggs], and when people were saying 20 million, that kind of scared me away and I didn't want him anymore. He's not worth the money, for our team.

The Jets has a different blue print. You are not rooting for a 1-15 team last I remember, so you would know that we would be going through HELL if we invested that much on this one player when we obviously have this #1 overall pick who may flirt with 30 million in guarantee and SOO many other needs.

Very true, but remember, 3 plays that are different for us last season and we are right there with you at 1-15!

they also signed Damien Woody for 5 years 25 million today. not sure the gauranteed. but jets arent messing around. go big or go home i guess.

Thank God The Tuna Doesn't Over Pay!!!!
Wanny Would Have Gave Him 40 Mill As A Signing Bonus Then Somehow Give Arizona Draft Picks For A Free Agent

Back
Top Bottom