Calvin Pace Update | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Calvin Pace Update

Wow. I wanted Pace, but damn at the overpayment!

For that kind of money there are very few LBs in the league worth it, and none of them are named Pace! That makes him one of the highest paid LBs in the league. Here's to him helping the Phins against the Jets in another way: By busting their cap.

lets put it this way

Did the jets just get lawrence Taylor? Not a friggin chance! and make no mistake, we screwed up on Porter.

I wanted Pace.....but only if the price was right. The Jets over paid.....and will be in salary cap h#!! in a 2 or 3 yrs due to all the recent signingss

Last edited by a moderator:
Welker was severely overpaid. They gave up a 2nd and 7th rd pick plus $10 mil guaranteed for 10 yards per rec. He had amillion catches b/c of Moss and the other weapons but they got him BEFORE they got Moss. I just wish Moss didn't go back so Wes would be exposed.

Exposed as what, he was a damn good receiver last year and you can watch at times he was being double covered in the super bowl and still was making plays. If Moss meant so much how come Stallworth did not break out. You know he did average slightly more than TJ Housmanzadah per catch. Hines Ward and Derrick Mason averaged the same. Coles only averaged 11 and a half. Welker deserves all the respect in the world for what he did last season.

What a terrible post.
Weight has nothing to do with it... it's all about momentum, and who's lower. Running Backs run over bigger defensive players every game in the NFL. Look him up on Youtube... you'll see Ronnie truck MULTIPLE people much bigger than him.
Yeah,if Ronnie catches him off balance,he might,but I wouldn't count on it.I think Pace is gonna play inside for us and Gholston outside,so we'll get to see who is right on this one.

thats not saying a whole lot now is it?

Yeah it is, because we still don't know what we have at QB, I think Beck will be very good, but to say they have nothing? They have had a better QB than we have the past few years.

Maybe its just me, but we were 1-15, I'm not going to put down any other teams for trying to get better.

Did they over spend, maybe. But if those players play the way they can, they got much better.

You can laugh all you want,but the Jets have two QB's better than anything the Fins can field at the moment,and that includes noodle arm Pennington.

I would re-word that to the Jets have had better QBs than the Fins have had up until this year. I think Clemens will be good, but I think Beck has what it takes to be better, but he still needs to show it.

can u imagine what your reaction would be to this a year ago.......calvin pace signs one of the biggest lb contracts of all-time.....i woulda laughed, said who, then shook the FOs hands for not being fools.....christ, shoulda traded a 4th fer vilma

Exposed as what, he was a damn good receiver last year and you can watch at times he was being double covered in the super bowl and still was making plays. If Moss meant so much how come Stallworth did not break out. You know he did average slightly more than TJ Housmanzadah per catch. Hines Ward and Derrick Mason averaged the same. Coles only averaged 11 and a half. Welker deserves all the respect in the world for what he did last season.

Hines,Coles and Mason all went up against the opposing teams best corner every week and not their nickle(third corner),BIG DIFFERENCE..........

I would re-word that to the Jets have had better QBs than the Fins have had up until this year. I think Clemens will be good, but I think Beck has what it takes to be better, but he still needs to show it.
I think the problem that Beck and Clemens both faced last season was that their offensive lines weren't even NFL average.It's hard to look good at QB when you are constantly running for your life or being buried in the turf.

I'm hoping we have addressed that issue on the Jets this season.

I think the problem that Beck and Clemens both faced last season was that their offensive lines weren't even NFL average.It's hard to look good at QB when you are constantly running for your life or being buried in the turf.

I'm hoping we have addressed that issue on the Jets this season.

There is a lot of talk here that Pennignton maybe your starter this year with this big push on signings. I tend to agree with it. If you draft MacFad, I totally believe Pennington will be your starter.

22 million dollars guarenteed to Calvin Pace.

Haha, take him.

Briggs got 12 million.

Rediculiously overpaying, typical J-E-T-S move.

Mabey if they didnt trade Vilma for a 4th round pick they wouldent have to dish out this kind of cash.

Thats it, we didnt have a need to fill at all.:rolleyes:

The guy has put forth one decent season. I could see if he performed highly in a contract year, but he has one decent season on his belt -- the rest were horrific. Not one Pro Bowl season, or even one "breakout" season. One decent season.

You can make a case for his potential boom in the 3-4, but that's just it; a case.

I can't find a term for giving Calvin Pace $22 million guaranteed, 6-years/$42 million.

Back
Top Bottom