Cam Wake - the NFL's Best Pass Rusher of the last 3 years... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cam Wake - the NFL's Best Pass Rusher of the last 3 years...

That would be an interesting poll. Ware is a freak, no question.

But the numbers don't lie - on a per snap basis, Wake generates more pressure. :)

so you'd take wake over ware if given a choice of the two??? you're in the minority if the answer is yes...

Wake is a BEAST!!!! What a great find by Ireland, got to hand it to him.

so you'd take wake over ware if given a choice of the two??? you're in the minority if the answer is yes...
Well, that would be another interesting poll. And you're right, Ware would probably win it. But what would be really interesting is how people (maybe even myself :) ) would try to justify picking Ware over Wake. We'd use words like "freak", "athleticism", "beast", "dynamic", "feared", etc. - all of the qualities we see, but are hard to quantify. When it comes to just making football plays though, maybe Wake is the man? That's what this article tells me.

(And don't get me wrong, Wake is a freak too :up:)

I dont mind what his # are, he is our's and that is all that matters................:up:

Ware is the better all around better DE/OLB.

Wake is a one trick pony that cant be stopped when it comes to applying pressure.

Wake will get more sacks with Odrick playing opposite at DE. Odrick is much like Jared Allen.

Wake/Odrick could be special.

Well, that would be another interesting poll. And you're right, Ware would probably win it. But what would be really interesting is how people (maybe even myself :) ) would try to justify picking Ware over Wake. We'd use words like "freak", "athleticism", "beast", "dynamic", "feared", etc. - all of the qualities we see, but are hard to quantify. When it comes to just making football plays though, maybe Wake is the man? That's what this article tells me.

(And don't get me wrong, Wake is a freak too :up:)

i think its fair to say that ware wins that hands down given his fellow players didn't even vote wake in the top 100 of 2011 which is a joke in its own right but to my knowledge ware has yet to come up and they will be releasing the top 10 tonight...and ware should definitely be on it...

what wake needs to do to make another jump is startin forcing some damn turnovers on his sacks with strip sacks etc...swipe down at the ball when he wraps up...doesn't provide many turnovers...elite consistent pass rusher absolutely but rarely a game changer

Ware is the better all around better DE/OLB.

Wake is a one trick pony that cant be stopped when it comes to applying pressure.

Wake will get more sacks with Odrick playing opposite at DE. Odrick is much like Jared Allen.

Wake/Odrick could be special.
Fyi, Wake was rated the top OLB in the league by PFF precisely because he wasn't a one trick pony (i.e. he was good at stuffing the run too). But even if he was, it's still a helluva trick.

Fyi, Wake was rated the top OLB in the league by PFF precisely because he wasn't a one trick pony (i.e. he was good at stuffing the run too). But even if he was, it's still a helluva trick.

I wasnt refering to stopping the run or pass rushing as the one trick. More so, Wake uses one trick SPEED! He doesnt have the counter moves or spins to get around
tackles like Ware. He definately has the tools to add more to his game. Yet why change? When your SPEED KILLS.

I thought that I also read somewhere that Wake was one of if not the top guy to get doubled teamed last season,not to mention how many sacks Wake could have had on Tom if that rookie didnt hold the piss out of him

this is great free publicity for Wake. i hope it eventually reaches officials as well. they might actually call 50% of the holding calls against him.

Back
Top Bottom