Can the Dolphins afford to NOT sign another RB? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can the Dolphins afford to NOT sign another RB?

Cobra

Starter
Reaction score
Being that this offseason has been nothing less than a total embarrassment for our great team, can the Dolphins really afford not to sign another RB? We all know about the Marino fiasco, trading a 2nd round pick for a 3rd string QB...now can Wanne\Speil afford to let our offensive centerpiece just walk away and do nothing about it? That would make us look like our FO is asleep at the wheel. Regardless of how good with think Minor\Morris\Henry are, do we honestly think that Wanne\Speil will take us into the season with the stable of backs we have now?

So you want to overpay for another teams backup?

I have no problem sticking with Minor/Henry/Morris.

I wouldn't mind if they brought in another RB under 2 conditions:

1. They have to be a CLEAR upgrade over Travis Minor and Sammy Morris. Personally, I don't think guys out there that are REALISTICALLY available are better than Minor and Morris.

2. Absolutely, positively, no way in hell, forget it, don't even think about it.

NO ADEWALE OGUNLEYE. Forget it!!!

yes.....wait till camp cuts and get someone for nothing....instead of trading away another draft pick! In the eyes of other NFL GM's the Fins are ripe for the picking, play it safe and wiat them out....let the whole world know how great our backs look in camp and how diversified our offense is going to be! Let it leak to the press (thru un-named players) that our brand new offense is AWESOME!!! :roflmao:

Then at the end of camp sign some over the hill, washed up has been and make him the starter and hand it off to him about a thousand times and Wanny can blame it ALL on Ricky! :lol:

Personally, I don't think guys out there that are REALISTICALLY available are better than Minor and Morris.

Onterrio Smith or Moe Williams?

I'm with you DD28....give Travis and Sammy a chance.....

Onterrio and Moe had one of the most explosive passing attacks in the league and played more than half of their games on carpet......

Both of which opened up the running game....no 8 in the box when you got Daunte calling signals and Randy Moss goin deep!

Evreryone is on Spielmans *** about the Feeley trade,well folks look at what Wannys trades have done for us.I think no I know Feeley will be a better QB than that crybaby Fiedler.should have kept Griese and kicked Joke Fiedler to the curb

Rugar said:
Evreryone is on Spielmans *** about the Feeley trade,well folks look at what Wannys trades have done for us.I think no I know Feeley will be a better QB than that crybaby Fiedler.should have kept Griese and kicked Joke Fiedler to the curb

No offense, but what in God's name are you talking about?

Cobra said:
Being that this offseason has been nothing less than a total embarrassment for our great team, can the Dolphins really afford not to sign another RB? We all know about the Marino fiasco, trading a 2nd round pick for a 3rd string QB...now can Wanne\Speil afford to let our offensive centerpiece just walk away and do nothing about it? That would make us look like our FO is asleep at the wheel. Regardless of how good with think Minor\Morris\Henry are, do we honestly think that Wanne\Speil will take us into the season with the stable of backs we have now?

So you think we should make a bad offseason even worse by trading away the future for a back that could potentially be a bust. When Minor got an opportunity to play he did well. He's fast enough to give us that quick strike ability. We dont need him to be Ricky. We need him to be Travis.

What Im saying DD28 is.............................................Does anybody in their right mind want Wannstedt making another trade?LOFL

Uggykurky said:
So you think we should make a bad offseason even worse by trading away the future for a back that could potentially be a bust. When Minor got an opportunity to play he did well. He's fast enough to give us that quick strike ability. We dont need him to be Ricky. We need him to be Travis.
No, not at all. Not even a little bit. What Im asking is can our FO afford to do absolutely nothing? Do you think they would try to bring someone in, anyone in, to say at least we gave it a shot. Or just take the Ricky departure up the tailpipe as if to say "Well, he did win the rushing title a couple years ago but we can do just fine without him." Or let me put it to you this way...if nothing happens and the Phins are, god forbid, 2-6 halfway through the season will people look back and say "Geez, when Risky left they didnt even TRY to replace him." Im talking about image, not W-L.

Maybe we send Leonard Henry and a 4th to a 3rd for Najeh because we need a POWER BACK to complement Minors' speed.Or maybe a Buckhalter but if not we stay with this set and sign Wally.Just a few Ideas. :D

Back
Top Bottom