Can the Dolphins afford to NOT sign another RB? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can the Dolphins afford to NOT sign another RB?

Rugar said:
Evreryone is on Spielmans *** about the Feeley trade,well folks look at what Wannys trades have done for us.I think no I know Feeley will be a better QB than that crybaby Fiedler.should have kept Griese and kicked Joke Fiedler to the curb
The Feeley trade was bad, im sitcking with that. Dont get me wrong, like most Dolfans, i have a plethora of confidence in A.J. But the point is, a good GM trys to find a "diamond in the ruff". You dont give up a 2nd round pick for a 3rd string QB. If he could of got him for something like a 5th, it would of been a great trade. Even if Feeley turns out to be great(which i think very well could happen) it becomes a great steal and evaluation of talent, but great trade, i just dont think so. Thats just my take on the sit.

musphinzfan said:
Maybe we send Leonard Henry and a 4th to a 3rd for Najeh because we need a POWER BACK to complement Minors' speed.Or maybe a Buckhalter but if not we stay with this set and sign Wally.Just a few Ideas. :D
Dont think the Packers would go for that, but Id love it.

Our RBs are fine We need a new coaching staff & owner

FinFan24 said:
Dont think the Packers would go for that, but Id love it.

Najeh was asked about the possibility of being traded to the Fins and he called the front office and asked if it were true. They told him that there had been an inquiry but that nothing serious had come about. Davenport said he was hopeful that he is not traded to the Fins because he enjoys where he is now and prefers to stay with GB to continue to learn from Ahman Green ... doesnt sound like a man who wants a starting job to me ...

the phins have a tendancy to overdue it, i dont think i want to see any more trades made this year.Wait until we get our new HC next year for that. Hey Jimmie Johnson said "I have really started to miss coaching again" yesterday. You think he could be coming back here?

I fail to see where this offseason has been such an embarrassment. I think those of you that believe that made your decision the day Wannstedt was kept that this was going to be a bad offseason.

This would have been a bad offseason if Miami had wrecked their cap on average players like Damien Woody and John Tait, who both got far more than they are worth. This would have been a bad offseason if Miami hadn't made a play to get a new quarterback.

Miami didn't have a bad offseason at all. The personnel decisions that were made were very sound. The only ones I question were bringing Fiedler back at all and letting Todd Wade go. Outside of those, the additions were great. Jeno James at his price is a much better pick up than either Tait or Woody at their price. Vernon Carey will be a better player than Tait in the long run as well.

FinFan24 said:
The Feeley trade was bad, im sitcking with that. Dont get me wrong, like most Dolfans, i have a plethora of confidence in A.J. But the point is, a good GM trys to find a "diamond in the ruff". You dont give up a 2nd round pick for a 3rd string QB. If he could of got him for something like a 5th, it would of been a great trade. Even if Feeley turns out to be great(which i think very well could happen) it becomes a great steal and evaluation of talent, but great trade, i just dont think so. Thats just my take on the sit.

Oh, now that's bullsh!t!!

You think Seattle fans are sitting back right now talking about how bad the trade was to get Matt Hasselbeck? Hell no! Ron Wolf traded a 1st round pick for a QB that hadn't taken a snap in the NFL. His name was Brett Favre. Do you think people are questioning that move because he didn't give up a lower pick to get him? Hell no!

When AJ Feeley proves to the world that he's actually a better prospect than Matt Hasselbeck was, all this talk about giving up a 2nd round pick for him will be moot because it will prove to be a bargain.

KBISBACK said:

You think Seattle fans are sitting back right now talking about how bad the trade was to get Matt Hasselbeck? Hell no! Ron Wolf traded a 1st round pick for a QB that hadn't taken a snap in the NFL. His name was Brett Favre. Do you think people are questioning that move because he didn't give up a lower pick to get him? Hell no!

When AJ Feeley proves to the world that he's actually a better prospect than Matt Hasselbeck was, all this talk about giving up a 2nd round pick for him will be moot because it will prove to be a bargain.
I KNON THT! Do u just choose not to read my posts? I said it will b good in the end! I said Feeley will be a good QB! I said tht for it to b a great trade Spielmen should of got him for less. I kno you think hes worth a #2 pick, and i agree. But the point is, your supposed to get unproven player cheap.

I agree this was a good trade potentially. Just should of attempted to get him for less. All im saying.

KBISBACK said:

That is IF feeley can prove it. As of right now i hate the trade and think it was too much for some 3rd string player, but if week 5 comes out and he is throwin TD's all over the place and our offense is rolling, then i will love the trade. I think the trade was a major risk, too much for something not already proven IMO

musphinzfan said:
Maybe we send Leonard Henry and a 4th to a 3rd for Najeh because we need a POWER BACK to complement Minors' speed.Or maybe a Buckhalter but if not we stay with this set and sign Wally.Just a few Ideas. :D

If the Dolphins trade away Leonard Henry they will regret it. I dont have a problem with the guys we have now. I remember going into the 2000 season the "experts" said that the Dolphins were going to take a huge step back because Marino retired and they had Lamar Smith at RB. Well they won the division. I dont buy into Ricky Williams being the difference between the Dolphins making the playoffs or winning a Super Bowl or not. I mean hell, the Patriots lost just about every guy in their lineup at some point last season and won the Super Bowl. No, what will kill the Dolphins in 2004 will be lack of quality leadership and it starts with the head coach.

The Dolphins have lots of questions, aside from RB. Let's use Minor this year and see what he has.

Let's just trade Ogun,Chambers and McMichael to the Cardinals for Emmit Smith...he's the NFL's all time leading rusher!! ;) :shakeno:

Noodle Arm said:
Let's just trade Ogun,Chambers and McMichael to the Cardinals for Emmit Smith...he's the NFL's all time leading rusher!! ;) :shakeno:
don't laugh now, knowing your FO, that might happen. case in point: giving up a 2nd round pick for a 3rd string qb.

Phinatic said:
the phins have a tendancy to overdue it, i dont think i want to see any more trades made this year.Wait until we get our new HC next year for that. Hey Jimmie Johnson said "I have really started to miss coaching again" yesterday. You think he could be coming back here?
Man, I hope not ! I absolutely hated Johnson myself !!! :shakeno:

DolphinDevil28 said:
I wouldn't mind if they brought in another RB under 2 conditions:

1. They have to be a CLEAR upgrade over Travis Minor and Sammy Morris. Personally, I don't think guys out there that are REALISTICALLY available are better than Minor and Morris.

2. Absolutely, positively, no way in hell, forget it, don't even think about it.

NO ADEWALE OGUNLEYE. Forget it!!!
The only way we are going to clearly upgrade over Minor at this point is to trade. An FA now will not be better than Minor without serious preseason evaluation of performance in camp. There will be no FAs available know that will be obvious upgrades over Minor at RB.

With that said, the only trade value we have at this time comes from OGUN or Madison. I would prefer to trade OGUN just because he has done nothing to keep himself here in his refusal to play unless he is payed the money he wants. He is only a restricted FA so he should still play. Besides there haven't been any serious offers for OGUN. There are two reason IMO Drew Rosenhaus is an idiot and second OGUN is an idiot. Madison however, has taken a pay cut to play for the Miami Dolphins this year so he clearly wants to be here.

So, do we trade for a RB? Sadly, I don't think anybody wants OGUN or even Madison for a Larry Johnson type guy. Teams are content to wait until OGUN is an FA next year rather than negotiate a new contract with him now. We can always get an FA for depth but he will probably only be less talented than Minor maybe close to equal if we are very lucky. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom