Can the Dolphins realistically make the playoffs? Schedule Reassesment | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can the Dolphins realistically make the playoffs? Schedule Reassesment

mandal24

Genesis
Reaction score
After watching the blueprint of this team the last 3 weeks, this is how I see things working out. Obviously, it's impossible to foresee everything, but there are positive thoughts when looking towards the future

vs St. Louis- Might be the worst receiving group in football (especially with Amendola out). Steven Jackson will have problems gaining positive yards. Their secondary is tough though with Finnegan and Jenkins. Dolphins win 24-13 (3-3)

Bye

@NYJ- This team is a mess, and after playing the Texans tonight, I see this team continuing to implode. Dustin Keller and Stephen Hill SHOULD be back by this game but I cannot see the Dolphins losing to a team that is on the brink of destruction. Dolphins win 20-10 (4-3)

@Indy- This is a game where the Dolphins will out-physical the small-ish Colts. We must win time of possession and keep Luck and the Colts offense off the field. Dolphins win in a boring heavy-run game 17-16 (5-3) (I could see the Dolphins losing this one due to back to back away game plus the Luck to Wayne connection)

vs Tennessee- Titans are just an all around horrible team. Their point differential is abysmal. Chris Johnson should be benched yet they don't have anyone worth replacing him. Dolphins win 27-17 (6-3)

@Buffalo- This Bills team is the same team as last year. Start off hot and quickly fall off. I don't see the Dolphins having problems with this team as they're up and down ways will hurt the team's psyche. (7-3)

vs Seattle- Home against a West Coast team coming East. This team lives and dies with Lynch and I see the Dolphins front 7 controlling this game. Russel Wilson has also been erratic and I see the Fins winning big 31-13 (8-3)

vs NE- Brady and that offense is still too good against a suspect Dolphins secondary. Plus Riddley is looking like a stud to keep the Patriots offense balanced. Dolphins lose 28-17 (8-4)

@ San Fran- 49ers win, they're looking like a SB contender while Fins are still in rebuild mode. Although it will be interesting to see the 49ers offense become more one-dimensional as Gore will struggle. I'm okay with a loss here. Dolphins lose 27-10 (8-5)

vs Jacksonville- Dolphins come home after an ugly loss and wreak havoc on a struggling Jaguars team. 34-17 (8-6)

vs Buffalo- At this point of the season, I see Gailey either fired or on the hot seat. Fitzpatrick will have lost all confidence and the Bills implode. 27-17 (9-6)

@NE- This game will be for the playoffs... Do the Patriots bench their starters? If they do, easy win, if they do have something to play for, I can't see the Dolphins winning this game in Foxboro in late December. With Pats starters, Dolphins lose 30-17, just missing the playoffs (9-7)... If Pats bench starters, Dolphins win making the playoffs as a 5th seed wildcard.

The one game where I think the Dolphins could struggle is in Indianapolis. Overall though this is a weak schedule so I think the Dolphins can make some noise.

It's not going to be easy. Jets and Arizona games are going to come back and haunt this team late in the season.

you have us beating Jacksonville but counted it as a loss when you said 8-6....anyway, sounds good....hope it can happen but that Indy game is ot going to be easy and the jets game is never easy either.

Ozzy rules!!

St. Louis is going to be tough fellas. There are no gimme's in this league just ask the Packers who got beat by the Colts.

I think the Jets second time around will be tough but without Revis and Holmes I like our chances.

Indy...50/50...remember Luck is getting better and better just like Tannehill and Luck has Reggie Wayne who is much harder to cover than A.J. Green IMO...dude runs some sick routes.

Tennessee, I like our chances with them as well.

Buffalo, I like our chances.

Seattle, I don't like our chances...that defense can play and play at a high level.

NE, we still can't compete with these guys.

49ers, not happening.

Jags, I like our chances a lot in this game.

Buffalo, I like our chances here again

NE, not happening.

After watching the blueprint of this team the last 3 weeks, this is how I see things working out. Obviously, it's impossible to foresee everything, but there are positive thoughts when looking towards the future

vs St. Louis- Might be the worst receiving group in football (especially with Amendola out). Steven Jackson will have problems gaining positive yards. Their secondary is tough though with Finnegan and Jenkins. Dolphins win 24-13 (3-3)

Bye

@NYJ- This team is a mess, and after playing the Texans tonight, I see this team continuing to implode. Dustin Keller and Stephen Hill SHOULD be back by this game but I cannot see the Dolphins losing to a team that is on the brink of destruction. Dolphins win 20-10 (4-3)

@Indy- This is a game where the Dolphins will out-physical the small-ish Colts. We must win time of possession and keep Luck and the Colts offense off the field. Dolphins win in a boring heavy-run game 17-16 (5-3) (I could see the Dolphins losing this one due to back to back away game plus the Luck to Wayne connection)

vs Tennessee- Titans are just an all around horrible team. Their point differential is abysmal. Chris Johnson should be benched yet they don't have anyone worth replacing him. Dolphins win 27-17 (6-3)

@Buffalo- This Bills team is the same team as last year. Start off hot and quickly fall off. I don't see the Dolphins having problems with this team as they're up and down ways will hurt the team's psyche. (7-3)

vs Seattle- Home against a West Coast team coming East. This team lives and dies with Lynch and I see the Dolphins front 7 controlling this game. Russel Wilson has also been erratic and I see the Fins winning big 31-13 (8-3)

vs NE- Brady and that offense is still too good against a suspect Dolphins secondary. Plus Riddley is looking like a stud to keep the Patriots offense balanced. Dolphins lose 28-17 (8-4)

@ San Fran- 49ers win, they're looking like a SB contender while Fins are still in rebuild mode. Although it will be interesting to see the 49ers offense become more one-dimensional as Gore will struggle. I'm okay with a loss here. Dolphins lose 27-10 (8-5)

vs Jacksonville- Dolphins come home after an ugly loss and wreak havoc on a struggling Jaguars team. 34-17 (8-6)

vs Buffalo- At this point of the season, I see Gailey either fired or on the hot seat. Fitzpatrick will have lost all confidence and the Bills implode. 27-17 (9-6)

@NE- This game will be for the playoffs... Do the Patriots bench their starters? If they do, easy win, if they do have something to play for, I can't see the Dolphins winning this game in Foxboro in late December. With Pats starters, Dolphins lose 30-17, just missing the playoffs (9-7)... If Pats bench starters, Dolphins win making the playoffs as a 5th seed wildcard.

The one game where I think the Dolphins could struggle is in Indianapolis. Overall though this is a weak schedule so I think the Dolphins can make some noise.

You have them at 8-5 after losing to SF, and go on to say they beat the Jags the next week. However, you have them listed as 8-6 after the Jags game. They should be 9-6 at that point according to your predictions.

It's not going to be easy. Jets and Arizona games are going to come back and haunt this team late in the season.

It has been like that for years. If we win half of the close games over the last 4 years we are talking about a different record and right their for playoffs.

The Jets and Cards losses could come back to haunt.

Just to be talking playoffs is an accomplishment.

vs St. Louis- I think we'll edge this game, (3-3)

Bye

@NYJ- Probably another close game, but I back us to win (4-3)

@Indy- Depends how Luck plays, if he pushes on from this weeks performance and the Pagano effective continues it could be a difficult game. For me, Indy win (4-4)

vs Tennessee- The Fins bounce back with a win, (5-4)

@Buffalo- I can't see the Bills turning things around significantly with their head coach and Fitz in control, so the Fins win another game, (6-4)

vs Seattle- Probably going to be a dull game, but the Fins edge it in a low scoring encounter (7-4)

vs NE- Can't see us beating the Patriots if their offense turns up as it has recently, Pats win, (7-5)

@ San Fran- Fins suffer back to back defeats, (7-6)

vs Jacksonville- The Jags are one of the worst teams in the league and I can't see it getting better for them. Fins win heavily in a stand out Tannehill performance, (8-6)

vs Buffalo- Another Fins win, (9-6)

@NE- Another Patriots win, (9-7)

---

I'm being somewhat optimistic in some of my predictions. But I think that we should be able to compete with most of the teams, and I see some of them being close encounters. If the team can close out games we'll do well, but as things stand I'd be happy with any improvement on last years 6-10 will be a bonus. But the play offs are a possibility if the team can continue motoring forwards, and the next 6 games will decide that, because by the time we face the Patriots we'll either be in the race or not. But in terms of our division I think we have a chance to finish 2nd, which would be anice first season for the Philbin and co.

I think the OP wants to make a hypothetical scenario and sell it as a realistic outcome.

Possible... Yea anything is possible. Realistic. Not likely.

We will lose some of the so called easy games. I wouldn't be surprised by a bills and Seahawks losses

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Considering cincy is in the top wild card spot right now and we beat them and we are only 1 game behind them, i like our chances of having a good shot at the playoffs.

I think we split with with Pats. We always play them tough.

I agree, and SF is a great team but I think we play similar styles of football and as long as this team improves week to week, its not unfathomable to beat SF or NE.

We had NE 17-0 at half last year. This team would not falter under this coaching staff.

I always felt this team could go 10-6 tops but likely 8-8. Every week somone is stepping up. This week Reshad Jones is looking the part and Nolan Carrol did a nice job. We get Clay and Gaffney going....look out, we could be the new San Fran.

Back
Top Bottom