Can This Dolphins Team Make History? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can This Dolphins Team Make History?

anyhing can happen. were def going places, sooner than alot of people think

I think we can win it all but hell whats the point of playing if they dont think they can, IE the team.

After reading the forums, i realize alot of you people are repetitive and cant add any new topics, so i've decided to spice it up and bring soem fresh ideas to the forum.

so you have to start every thread with an insult?:confused: this is far from a "spicy fresh" idea:shakeno: IMO we will definately make the playoffs and we all know what can happen there. with guys like JT and ZT, having not been to the playoffs the last couple years and getting up there in age they sure arent going to take it for granted, i like our chances. the first game against pittsburgh and your boy "peezy" should tell alot.

NastyNas said:
After reading the forums, i realize alot of you people are repetitive and cant add any new topics, so i've decided to spice it up and bring soem fresh ideas to the forum. Is this dolphin team super bowl calibure? Can this be the first team to host a superbowl at their home stadium and win it at home? (And to those of you that wanna come at me and say that the niners playing the superbowl at stanford stadium was a home game, it aint the same and doesn't count)
As the first response to your thread said, nothing new here. I have seen this question before about whether or not we will make the SB and at home. I know it's repetitive of me to repeat the first responder to your thread, but I guess if you are starting a thread on a repeat topic, you really don't mind repetition, as long as it's you doing it I guess???? :confused: :confused: :confused: (repetition 3X smilies)

I don't usually get on people for repeating a thread, but when you complain about it, while you are guilty of the same thing, well....:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

FinsFan71 said:
:shakeno:

Let me start off by saying that you're wrong. :eek: These questions have been raised before by many others people here in countless threads. The reason that we are not answering such questions at this time is because its simply too soon to be speculating on such topics.

We still have camps and pre-season to go thru in order to get our roster down to 53 men. We've also changed out 35% of our team. Logic tells you that this new group is going to need time to jell. The question marks are (1) the quarterback (Daunte's status for the season opener), which can't be rushed. (2) The play of the secondary (all new cast of characters...some injured). (3)The coaching staff running primarily the same system as before but with new coaches. Will all of these work out? Who knows.

Now don't get me wrong...It's fine to start a thread that poses certain possiblities that could be historic. However, they should be left to a later time. Especially when there is so much uncertainty at so many positions and with the coaching staff. Oh, and did I mention, we begin this mythical quest for the Lombardy Trophy by facing off against the reigning World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers....

But here is what we know at this point.... (1) this team is loaded with talent. (2) We have made substantial upgrades at several offensive positions (QB, FB, OL, WR, CB and FS). And we have one of the deepest coaching staff and best front office in all of the NFL.

How good will we be? I don't know....I hope we are very very very good!!!
Can we be hosting a SuperBowl in February? Maybe.
Will this team be the 1st to win a SB title at home? Maybe.

Let's play the games and find out...Now if we're 7-1 after 8 gms. Then you may pose these questions again and get a much bigger response.

Hope this helps.

Well...that about sums it up!

Nice post.

we got one heck of a shot

we goit a great shot of winning it all this season. yes we have replaced 35% of the team there have been huge upgrades. Our oline improved by leaps and bounds last season and know the majority have had 2 years under hudson.we finally got a real qb and most of all we got a coach that will take chances to win a game:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

so sayeth the saban so sayeth the flock

If C-pep is healthy and regains his 2004 form ...
If Joey H proves that he is the real deal as a backup, not the bust he was in Detroit ...
If Ronnie Brown can carry the load by himself and has no injuries ...
If Chambers/Booker/Hagan/McMicheal prove to be great pass catching combo ...
If the O-Line remains healthy and improves on their 2005 form ...
If the D-Line remains healthy and gets young players to contribute ...
If ZT doesn't suddenly get old and Channing Crowder continues to perform above expectations ...
If the new additions to the secondary all work well ...
If special teams continue to perform reliably ...

If all the ifs come out in the Dolphins favor we can be superbowl champions, but realistically there are probably 12 to 16 teams in the league in a similar boat.

im really hoping that we make it to the super bowl this year and like chambers said "ill be damned if we arnt playing in the super bowl in our home stadium"......all i know is that if we make it to the super bowl im DEFF GOING!!!

NastyNas said:
well its alot better than talking about harrington, dre bly, backup to ronnie brown, cfl, holistic medicine, tents in australia, ricky's comeback, and wannsteddtt's moustache threads.

tents in australia? is this a joke? or did i miss something.

We will make the playoffs, but not the SB. We're a year away from that. As for making history, wait till 2007 or 2008. It will be a fun year though, and we should finally beat out the Pats for AFC East Division Champs.

Thank God for Nick Saban!

In Saban We Trust!

Back
Top Bottom