Cant Login and more.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cant Login and more..

Same problems here for the past couple of days. Dunno whats up.

The problem is in old bad cookies that the site is not recognizing. Please follow this link and find instructions on how to clear your browser's cookies:

http://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx?page=2

Then go back to FinHeaven and log in. Make sure if you have reset your password you use whatever the most recent password is. If you have additional problems let us know.

This has solved the issue for other users and should work fine for you.

Thank you

-Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
So I've tried my hardest to wait and not post this thread but its become slightly annoying. I can't login to the site on any computer, I've tried different browsers, etx. I can hoever login on my cell to the mobile site. I normally wouldn't make a thread like this but for almost 3 weeks I haven't been able to login and I'm a supporting member and would appreciate if I didn't have 2 months without being able to login, now even when I go to the forums on a computer I can't even view anything because I can't login. Keeps telling me my password is wrong, I reset it and still doesn't work. Tried registering a new name and that's not working either. Please help id greatly appreciate it. You can email me showoff@gmail.com

So I've tried my hardest to wait and not post this thread but its become slightly annoying. I can't login to the site on any computer, I've tried different browsers, etx. I can hoever login on my cell to the mobile site. I normally wouldn't make a thread like this but for almost 3 weeks I haven't been able to login and I'm a supporting member and would appreciate if I didn't have 2 months without being able to login, now even when I go to the forums on a computer I can't even view anything because I can't login. Keeps telling me my password is wrong, I reset it and still doesn't work. Tried registering a new name and that's not working either. Please help id greatly appreciate it. You can email me showoff@gmail.com
Clear all your history, cookies, cache, etc. on your browser. Close your browser, reopen it and try to login. That should work. If it does not work the first time, try clearing everything again, closing the browser and re-open it.

10 picks left in the Draft and FinHeaven recognizes my login info...

Thanks...........

Very Very Very disappointing sight..............Wonder if you guys will ever get this place to work right ..........

Thought that the new upgrades would help, they only wasted my time even more............very disappointing

10 picks left in the Draft and FinHeaven recognizes my login info...

Thanks...........

Very Very Very disappointing sight..............Wonder if you guys will ever get this place to work right ..........

Thought that the new upgrades would help, they only wasted my time even more............very disappointing
we had two choices to make before the draft, and we chose to have a functioning server with MIN downtime rather than upgrading to VB 4.0.

3.7.x etc has known log in problems, I assure you that finheaven isn't the only forum experiencing this problem. this had nothing to do with hardware.

It wasn't worth the risk or the added downtiime during Draft week to upgrade our software. And I'm sorry that you and quite a few others haven't been able to log in consistantly.

Major sign in issue

I haven't been able to log in all weekend for some reason. I didn't know to clear out cookies and caches until today because clicking any link on the site including viewing forums gave me an error that i needed to login. I attempted to but got the wrong user/password error. I eventually tried to reset my password and received a link which i clicked and tried to reset my password and received your email address isn't an known email address error. but i did receive an email to my address with my username Aquafanrpb but everything still errored out. Tried to email admins all weekend but not sure if anyone got them. This morning I was able to see the forums again without logging in but still can't log in to post so I re registered using my wifes email but never received the email to confirm my email address.

Today I did clear my cookies and caches and tried logging in on firefox and IE but no luck

we had two choices to make before the draft, and we chose to have a functioning server with MIN downtime rather than upgrading to VB 4.0.

3.7.x etc has known log in problems, I assure you that finheaven isn't the only forum experiencing this problem. this had nothing to do with hardware.

It wasn't worth the risk or the added downtiime during Draft week to upgrade our software. And I'm sorry that you and quite a few others haven't been able to log in consistantly.

Wildbill
I know your sorry and it's nothing personal.

It's just that FinHeaven has the best posters and during the most exciting events the systems don't work.

It gets really frustrating especially when your told that everything is going to be improved by draft time.
So you gladly put up with all the glishes for months and then when the draft comes your all of a sudden always asked to log on and then it doesn't recognize who the hell you are.

For me a working system has no value if I am directed to login during major events just to read posts and then unable to be recognized until the heated events are over and then it seems to go back to not being asked to login just to go to the forum.

Well I guess I should count my blessings, for I was able to log on this last time,....by the way, when is the draft? :crazy:

We're very sorry about the log in trouble. its a wierd issue with vb 3.7x (google it). anyway upgrading to vb4.0 is in the works, and that should solve the log in issue. in the meantime the best we can reccommend is to completely delete history, cookies, cache etc. if that doesn't work, switch from IE to firefox or from firefox to ie.

Thanks for the reply.

I tried the delete cookies, history cach and that didn't work. Also tried going to IE from firefox and that didn't work either. Hopefully the upgrade clears everything up until then I'm good at least i can see the forums now that was the major concern.

No fins talk with other addicts = end of life as I know it

I've been having sign in problems too - Not just this weekend, but for a few weeks.

I havent tried clearing cookies etc. so will do that, but hope the next change fixes everything.

Go 'Phins!! :)

You have described my issue to the smallest detail.. I've done everything that you did without luck also. I gave up for a few days and today I reset my password not thinking it would work but it did.. I was able to change my password and now I don't have a problem.

I didn't clear my history or my cookies or my cache. :ponder: My PC is exactly the same as the first day that I had my log in problems. I wanted to post up my experience and I'm just happy to have my account back.

Go Fins!

P.S. Any chance I can get a well earned "Server Xfer Survivor" badge too?

You have described my issue to the smallest detail.. I've done everything that you did without luck also. I gave up for a few days and today I reset my password not thinking it would work but it did.. I was able to change my password and now I don't have a problem.

I didn't clear my history or my cookies or my cache. :ponder: My PC is exactly the same as the first day that I had my log in problems. I wanted to post up my experience and I'm just happy to have my account back.

Go Fins!

P.S. Any chance I can get a well earned "Server Xfer Survivor" badge too?
I set a post limit for that badge. just stay active and you'll get it. I'm glad the login problem has cleared up for you. we ran it down (and it was discussed across various websites) and it turns out that one of our many ad companys had an ad (kontera) that was hosing up vbulletin boards all over the net. we removed that ad section and now you and many other members shouldn't have a problem logging in. :up:

Back
Top Bottom