Can't Tannehill catch a break with a stable offensive Line | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can't Tannehill catch a break with a stable offensive Line

I went back and looked at the teams we lost to last year and almost every one of them had a dominant defensive line. The teams we beat did not, with the exception of a New England game and a Jets game where the Jets scored only 3 points. Our scoring also was abysmal with the exception of the Pittsburgh game after our offensive line fiasco. I think any stability on the offensive line will help us. The loss of Pouncey will definitely hurt, but at least it is happening before training camp and our replacement will get all the snaps at the position for a few months.

Excellant thread. Insiteful, informative and up to date.

Why is it that everyone feels they need to come on here and be a dick in every single thread? I cant find another message board from another team (including Jets fans) where everyone has to be a dick all the time. It is getting so bad that I never want to visit the site anymore because of the lack of maturity.

no one has seen this line do ANYTHING yet and its already being trashed by fans?

jet fans are choking on their tounge's laughing so hard. :sidelol:

as i have said, if pouncy is this line, then we were doomed before this season ever got going. nothing against pouncy, but ONE GUY can not be the key to everything outside of a qb.

there are a LOT of teams winning every year who dont have a center as good as mike pouncy.

It is getting so bad that I never want to visit the site anymore because of the lack of maturity.

you are not the only one who has noticed this. your not alone.

boards are topsy-turvy at times, especially big boards like this. but, you are right, we have had a HUGE barrage of trash, bash and condescending posts.

i have seen this board go through a lot harsher nonsense than this. we have even had staff members in the past PUBLICLY call members out in using profanity, some even threatening bodily harm in emails [pretty stupid as you never know who you have on the other side of that pc. some have the power and connections to find you ANYWHERE you live or work and do very bad things to you. and that kind of thing, by a mod or admin or even just another poster is not only cowardly, but ILLEGAL and out right dangerous!!].

those ones who were guilty of that are long gone now but yes, we have been suffering a major barrage of some VERY immature and annoying posts. EVERYONE looks at and are members of other finz boards. this can be a good thing as it gives one a break from the issues like these that arise on ones favored board, but, they can also point up how bad the other board has become in certain areas.

all a person can do is wait and see if it's addressed or someone is brought in who CAN or Will change it, or, it is allowed to continue and some other site becomes your home board and the site loses a good, and a lot of times long term member.

i say all this a a generic statement for message boards. and we have suffered through some things that were allowed to go on WAY to long over the years and there are many posters out there who have been gone a LONG time. and even though there have been changes in staff, the damage was done and many of those publicly swear they are never posting here again. and havn't.

and just about all boards that have been around a while have had this happen. not JUST this one. and you cant please everyone. but......, when these kind of things get bigger and bigger and more frequent, it is very annoying and makes a board look cheap. you hope that the offending POSTERS will see the light after they have been chastised over and over by other members and stop rather than waiting on staff.

sometimes they start to realize how annoying they are and stop or..... they become so sick that the reaction they have been trying to achieve in't manifesting and they roll along to another site to appoint themselves as the boards resident court jester and see if their act catches on there.

ride it out for while longer. yeah, it's annoying right now, but hopefully some of these ones will move on and it ill settle down. [and all that annoying jet fan laughter will stop!!]

The great QBs thrive in spite of the environment.

no truer thing.

tanny has to show the world that he IS a true franchise qb and doesnt need everything in place and perfect to succeed.

Look what happened to Atlanta last year when their line went south 4-12.....Yes, the best of QB's have to have a line in front of them.

I used to think a line makes or breaks a QB, but now I think with the new rules where passing is more wide open, it's a symbiotic relationship. Good lines help a good QB look great and good QB's help good lines look great. Nobody can overcome a horrible line, but if it's just okay a good QB and offensive scheme should get you to the playoffs.

but last years eagles offense had hands down the best OL in football helping to make it run as good as it did.

take away the 94 probowl talent skill players that philly has and see how great that o-line actually is. like nate newton always says, "we were no slouches, but players like emmit and troy and michael made us look so much better than we really were".

if there was no DAN MARINO, those lines of that time who were only allowing 9 sacks a season would have NEVER accomplished that with ome other qb. not even CLOSE!! danny got rid of the ball so fast and could feel pressure with some sort of other wordly looking 6th sense and could side step defenders in the pocket like a ballerina. THAT is why those lines looked soooooo great and got sooooo many props.

that offense of phillies is 60% scheme/coaching....30% skill players and MAYBE 10% o-line.

like most o-lines that feature great quarter backing and kill players, they get WAY more credit at times than they deserve. the GREATS....., qb, wr, rb, te do not have to rely on much else than their other wordly talent. did jerry rice ever give a poop about what db he faced in any given week? did dan marino ever give a damn about what pass ruher he was facing? did emmit smith or jim brown or oj or dickerson care one bit who the defense was that week? NO, THEY DIDNT!! and it usually made them more motivated and focused as they THRIVE on pressure and have the desire and skill to beat the best, no matter what is going on around them.

tanny [and the fans] are running out of excuses for his short comings. he and the fans can only squawk about the o-line getting him the sacks and not address his tendency to not get rid of the ball on time for so long. the time has run out. he can play or he can't. he can hit the fastest down field threat in the game or he cant. he can scramble out of the collapsing pocket or........, he can't.

the "if we only would have had mike pouncy" excuse, [that already seems to be in place if things dont go right] wont wash. one guy doesnt make an o-line and their are teams winning every year who dont have a mike pouncy!!

our future rides on tanny's arm this year. he has to show dennis hickey that he IS a franchise qb and deserves the money and the years a TRUE franchise qb get's. if he doesn't, hickey will be forced into a decision that could be another 10 year killer like wanny hanging on to feebler or saban choosing culpepper over drew brees. we need for tanny to outright show that he IS a true franchise qb and doesnt have to have everything perfect for him to succeed.

i dont want hickey [or any other gm] to be faced with a guessing game that can potentially destroy our team for the next decade or more.

Why is it that everyone feels they need to come on here and be a dick in every single thread? I cant find another message board from another team (including Jets fans) where everyone has to be a dick all the time. It is getting so bad that I never want to visit the site anymore because of the lack of maturity.
You won't be missed. Please go.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Look what happened to Atlanta last year when their line went south 4-12.....Yes, the best of QB's have to have a line in front of them.
They had injuries all over. Look how Luck and Wilson performed with weak lines.

We really needed another thread about our o line didn't we. If the op posted something we didn't already know, then yeah, no problem. But that, mate, tell me I am wrong.

Why not discuss the OL everyday Buff...I think they are the major source of our pain for the last two years. Not only do I believe it, but every NFL talking head will state that it's the Dolphins "limiting factor".

We really needed another thread about our o line didn't we. If the op posted something we didn't already know, then yeah, no problem. But that, mate, tell me I am wrong.

I can see how some are not interested in reading something that is not new to them, but a lot of fans are not on here daily for a number of reasons, including military service. They might get a couple of days a month to check out Dolphin news and I do not blame them if they do not first read 100 or so threads to see if their point was well covered already. I go to phins.com for my Dolphin news and there are at least 5 articles from different writers on the same subject daily. Should someone really take the time to read the same articles and then tell the writer that someone else already wrote something similar? I guess if that is your thing then go for it. I would just like to see my team's fans show a little class towards each other if no one else.

You won't be missed. Please go.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

They had injuries all over. Look how Luck and Wilson performed with weak lines.

Wilson is the most overrated QB in the league.

Face it. Tannehill was done for by being drafted here. The dysfunctional culture around this team is too pervasive. Look at rhe coaching, qb and ol carousel.

Back
Top Bottom