Carolina looking to trade up! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Carolina looking to trade up!

TXFinFan

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Panthers | Team may try to trade up in the NFL Draft

Tue, 25 Apr 2006 20:46:01 -0700

Steve Reed, of the Gaston Gazette, reports Carolina Panthers general manager Marty Hurney admitted the team may try to trade up from the No. 27 pick in the NFL Draft. "We try to go into it with an open mind," Hurney said. "We like being active and trying to move if it warrants it." The Panthers are in the enviable position of being very deep at several positions and they really don't have many spots to fill on their 53-man roster. If the Panthers stood pat and used all eight of their current draft picks, it's highly unlikely more than three would make the roster because the team is so deep. At this point, the most obvious positions of need are running back, tight end, safety, outside linebacker and guard, but the team could go in just about any direction with the only exception being defensive tackle.

With the Panthers and Steelers both looking to trade up, the Dolphins are in a very good position to trade down and pick up extra picks. I also think we will field a ton of offers if Cutler drops to 16. We might even be able to get our 2nd round pick back from the Vikings so they can swap spots with us and grab Cutler.

Things are looking very bright for our draft this year. I have a strong feeling that we will trade down and still pick up someone like Chad Greenway or Bobby Carpenter.

I can't wait!

Thats cool, 2 teams opens things up for us. Possibly 3 if Cutler is still there with the vikings. What would the trade with the panthers look like? THere 1st and 2nd or less/more?

I would much rather trade with the panthers than the steelers.

trade down and we get a 2nd back than pick BPA at #27 aka Chad Greenway

The panthers have the 27th and 58th picks = 1000 points on the value chart. That is EXACTLY the value of the our 16th . Whereas the Steelers would have to give up their 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks to equal the value of our 16th, because of their late round picks. I'm not so sure they would be willing to do that in a deep draft suck as this, unless they really fell in love with Holmes or Jackson. Carolina makes much more sense. I'm sure there will be an impact player at 27 , and a decent one at 58.

nick1 said:
trade down and we get a 2nd back than pick BPA at #27 aka Chad Greenway

Not a big fan of his but I seriously doubt he'll still be available at that point.

Motion said:
Not a big fan of his but I seriously doubt he'll still be available at that point.
maybe not, I'm not sure who will be available at that point maybe we would grab Sinorice Moss than

In an ideal world, Cutler would drop to 16, Miami would trade back with Minnesota and then Carolina/Pitt trades up with us once again and we stockpile some more picks.. unlikely, but still possible. Im still all for taking Holmes if hes there tho..

if we trade down... Antonio Cromartie, Manny Lawson, Jason Allen, Sin. Moss... in that order

Back
Top Bottom