Carolina Panthers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Carolina Panthers

Carne Asada

there be no distractions for our team
Club Member
Reaction score
These guys are taking Micah if they stay ahead of us.

Those guys are 4-10 already. I could see them trying their best to beat Washington out of the WC but we would need Hou to lose out. No way they lose to the Bengals.

If they end up ahead of us then you can completely scratch Parsons off your list and focus on Smith/Chase/Waddle/trade down.

I mean we don’t know that for sure...

anyways maybe if the Texans pick is low enough we could do a little jump up if cheap

The problem is the only need guy I am comfortable taking in the Top 10 is Parsons.

I hate the idea of drafting a WR that high, especially with the depth at that position.

If Parsons is off the board i am most likely trading down and then taking a WR closer to the middle of the Round.

I am hoping a QB hungry team makes it worth the Fins while to move back.

The problem is the only need guy I am comfortable taking in the Top 10 is Parsons.

I hate the idea of drafting a WR that high, especially with the depth at that position.

If Parsons is off the board i am most likely trading down and then taking a WR closer to the middle of the Round.

I am hoping a QB hungry team makes it worth the Fins while to move back.
Parsons is such a great fit not just because he can handle mlb, but he's an excellent pass rusher. I'm sure Flores would love to have him.

I do think the majority of this draft should be spent on offense, though, and I wouldn't mind if all four of those first picks went that way.

Assuming Parsons is gone you could go something along these lines and drastically improve the offense...

1a Smith wr
1b Humphrey c
2a Harris rb
2b Terry wr

Go all in, draft Parsons, Joseph Ossai and Zavon Collins at linebacker. Add them to Baker, Van Noy, Van Ginkle and Roberts and you have an elite lb corp to go with ellite corners and a solid front 4.

Parsons is such a great fit not just because he can handle mlb, but he's an excellent pass rusher. I'm sure Flores would love to have him.

I do think the majority of this draft should be spent on offense, though, and I wouldn't mind if all four of those first picks went that way.

Assuming Parsons is gone you could go something along these lines and drastically improve the offense...

1a Smith wr
1b Humphrey c
2a Harris rb
2b Terry wr

If that is Terry from FSU. Probably over drafting him there quite a bit. He’s a one trick pony. Miami Needs that trick, but he’s not a better WR than Preston Williams or Albert Wilson.

1a Smith wr
1b Humphrey c
2a Harris rb
2b Terry wr
Rather go
Smith/Chase
Waddle/Bateman
Harris/ Etienne
Gainwell/Williams

imagine our offense

Rather go
Smith/Chase
Waddle/Bateman
Harris/ Etienne
Gainwell/Williams

imagine our offense

I understand the want to load up on offense. But just remember, we are below average defensively in terms of yards given up. Forcing turnovers are the only thing that is keeping this defense good. I think we have the guys that will continue to do that, but we can't hang out hat on that. We need to be better on that side of the ball. We have cap room and 5 picks in the top 90. We can't just focus on one side of the ball.

I understand the want to load up on offense. But just remember, we are below average defensively in terms of yards given up. Forcing turnovers are the only thing that is keeping this defense good. I think we have the guys that will continue to do that, but we can't hang out hat on that. We need to be better on that side of the ball. We have cap room and 5 picks in the top 90. We can't just focus on one side of the ball.
We can focus on one side of the ball, probably won’t.
Hard to say what we will do until after free agency. We took 3 offensive linemen, a QB, and a slot guy last year. That is 5 on offense.

Rather go
Smith/Chase
Waddle/Bateman
Harris/ Etienne
Gainwell/Williams

imagine our offense
That's a lot of skill position talent. I wouldn't mind two first round receivers with the amount of talent available at that position.

Back
Top Bottom