Carolina Panthers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Carolina Panthers

If that is Terry from FSU. Probably over drafting him there quite a bit. He’s a one trick pony. Miami Needs that trick, but he’s not a better WR than Preston Williams or Albert Wilson.
Haven't seen a lot of him, but I think he's a little underrated. I doubt Miami goes offense with those first four picks, but could really improve that unit dramatically if they concentrate on that side.

Another receiver I like, maybe in the 3rd, is Schultz from Auburn. He may run under 4.3.

It is my dream scenario that Parsons is off the board before we pick. After watching the talent we threw out there on offense yesterday and the defense not giving up a TD, not sure how anyone wants to go defense in the first round in a really good offensive draft.

And as mentioned aboved, KC has had the worst LBs corp in the NFL the last couple of years. Its not a premium position.

We can focus on one side of the ball, probably won’t.
Hard to say what we will do until after free agency. We took 3 offensive linemen, a QB, and a slot guy last year. That is 5 on offense.

We drafted 3 offensive players and 3 defensive players in the first 3 rounds last year. Hardly say that’s focusing on one side of the ball.

Go all in, draft Parsons, Joseph Ossai and Zavon Collins at linebacker. Add them to Baker, Van Noy, Van Ginkle and Roberts and you have an elite lb corp to go with ellite corners and a solid front 4.
I want to improve the LB corps but it is not needed to build the best LB group possible.

That would be a waste of assets.

Add one talented LB who fits how they play and other that it should be ,Offense, Offense, Offense.

A quote from Tepper after firing the GM.
Per Profootballtalk

“This league is set to be an 8-8 league,” Tepper said. “Everything is fair in this league. So if you have better coaches, better GM’s, some advantages with facilities, advantages with the training, management process, whatever those, whatever it is, you know, analytics, whatever that is to give you an edge, that’s what you need. And you need a good quarterback.”

That Houston pick may be high enough to trade it to a team looking to draft a QB. If that’s the case, I’m trading the pick and taking the draft haul. Would much rather have additional picks.

My first 3 rounds draft based on this draft being full of talent, next years draft is looking a good bit weaker.

Pick 1A - Ilb
Micah Parsons

Pick 1B - Trade
Trade this pick along with a 5th this year, and next years 2nd to move back up around 10-12

Pick 1B after trade up - WR
Chase or Smith

Pick 2A - WR
Rondale Moore

Pick 2B - RB
Javonta Williams

Pick 3 - Center
Trey Hill, Josh Meyers, or Landon Dickerson (best available of these 3)

I think it'd be nice to upgrade ILB, but it's not a must for me. KC has some of the worst LB's in the NFL, and they have for years now.

I think some people are stuck in the Ray Lewis and Derrick Brooks 90’s and early 2000’s era.

Not only that, I don’t think many are considering the Belicheat/Flores style of defense which isn’t dependent upon star players. Furthermore, the most important positions for their schemes are DL and DB.

Last I checked, DB is quite solid and DL has been improving.

Time to address the other side of the ball so the defense has more margin for error.

It is my dream scenario that Parsons is off the board before we pick. After watching the talent we threw out there on offense yesterday and the defense not giving up a TD, not sure how anyone wants to go defense in the first round in a really good offensive draft.

And as mentioned aboved, KC has had the worst LBs corp in the NFL the last couple of years. Its not a premium position.

1608629848643.png

It is unwise to try to model your team after anything KC is doing.

They have Mahomes.

Change out the QB and their mediocre LB's might be more of an issue.

I am not fixated on LB, but Parsons is a special case.He is going to be outstanding in the NFL and fits to a "T" what Flores wants at that spot.He is too good to pass up, especially when you consider the depth at WR in this Draft.They should be able to get a very good WR with their own 1st rounder and have the ability to move UP from that spot to grab Smith or Chase or Waddle.

If they can't get Parsons then I am waiting on the LB position and going offense or trade down with the Houston pick.

I see the Panthers taking a QB if they are higher than the Texans pick. Bridgewater signed a three year contract last off season and I don't see them sticking with him beyond that.

It is unwise to try to model your team after anything KC is doing.

They have Mahomes.

Change out the QB and their mediocre LB's might be more of an issue.

I am not fixated on LB, but Parsons is a special case.He is going to be outstanding in the NFL and fits to a "T" what Flores wants at that spot.He is too good to pass up, especially when you consider the depth at WR in this Draft.They should be able to get a very good WR with their own 1st rounder and have the ability to move UP from that spot to grab Smith or Chase or Waddle.

If they can't get Parsons then I am waiting on the LB position and going offense or trade down with the Houston pick.

Mahomes had all the talent but needed real development. With a year to learn from Reid and be ultra-aggressive in practice and an all-time group of weapons, Mahomes is hitting his ceiling (an all-time ceiling).

The lesson from KC is that your QB's development is premium and his situation is critical to his development.

Parsons' talent is really good, no doubt, but the bullying allegations scare the crap out of me.

If I'm taking a guy to quarterback my defense in the top 10, I sure as heck better be getting a great leader too. If the allegations are true, and Micah got off bullying true freshman, then I want no part of him and I'd bet neither does Brian Flores.

Of course, they could be completely false, though when there's smoke there's usually fire. This is something Grier needs to investigate thoroughly. I wouldn't take him over one of the sensational receivers (Chase and D. Smith) regardless. Not when I can come back at 1B and get Zaven Collins or Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah.

Mahomes had all the talent but needed real development. With a year to learn from Reid and be ultra-aggressive in practice and an all-time group of weapons, Mahomes is hitting his ceiling (an all-time ceiling).

The lesson from KC is that your QB's development is premium and his situation is critical to his development.
The Mahomes/KC situation will be a difficult one to replicate.

You had an uber talented but raw QB joining a team with a legit NFL starter in Alex Smith, a roster full of offensive weapons, and a great QB whisperer in Andy Reid.

Mahomes could not have landed in a better spot.

Back
Top Bottom