Carolina Panthers | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Carolina Panthers

I understand this logic completely, but Ja'Marr Chase and DeVonta Smith are special.
Maybe, maybe not.

We have seen tons and tons of highly drafted WR's fail to live up to their draft billing.

I am not saying either of those guys will, in fact I am pretty confident they both will be very good.

I just have a philosophical issue with WR's going that high.Draft history says it is a mistake way more often than not.

Maybe, maybe not.

We have seen tons and tons of highly drafted WR's fail to live up to their draft billing.

I am not saying either of those guys will, in fact I am pretty confident they both will be very good.

I just have a philosophical issue with WR's going that high.Draft history says it is a mistake way more often than not.

You are singing to the choir, my friend. I've posted the same thing many times. But man, I think Chase (quickness and release off the line, tracking ability) and Smith (route running) are just too dominant. If they are not studs then I give up. Lol

The Mahomes/KC situation will be a difficult one to replicate.

You had an uber talented but raw QB joining a team with a legit NFL starter in Alex Smith, a roster full of offensive weapons, and a great QB whisperer in Andy Reid.

Mahomes could not have landed in a better spot.

It's not about replicating KC. It's about the importance of building an explosive offense.

You are singing to the choir, my friend. I've posted the same thing many times. But man, I think Chase (quickness and release off the line, tracking ability) and Smith (route running) are just too dominant. If they are not studs then I give up. Lol

Agreed. I'm never too keen on taking WR's early but Smith and Chase are definitely the kind I wouldn't complain about drafting. I'd be shocked if either was even just above average, assuming no career altering injuries.

I still don't want to draft a WR in the top 10, I would certainly be ok with trading down and still landing a premier prospect if we can bag at least an extra 3rd this year and next in the process.

It's not about replicating KC. It's about the importance of building an explosive offense.
Not arguing with you at all.

My original point was about KC's LB's and whether it would matter more that they are not good if they did not have Mahomes.

I completely agree about surrounding Tua with play makers and a strong OL.

I think in today's NFL you win with Offense and a solid Defense, you do not to build a great D just a good one.I think Miami has a good enough Defense right now, but Parsons is just too good a player(and fit)to pass on.I would go all Offense after taking Parsons early, but if I am confident I can get Collins at 20 I would happily go WR with the Houston pick(or maybe after a slight trade down).

I think the Panthers are going to take Kyle Pitts...they drafted heavy (and well) on defense last year.

They have two very good WRs in Moore and Anderson...great RB in McCaffery. Add Pitts to that group and it makes them hard to defend. Bridgewater is not horrible.

I dont think they draft Parsons...

Not arguing with you at all.

My original point was about KC's LB's and whether it would matter more that they are not good if they did not have Mahomes.

I completely agree about surrounding Tua with play makers and a strong OL.

I think in today's NFL you win with Offense and a solid Defense, you do not to build a great D just a good one.I think Miami has a good enough Defense right now, but Parsons is just too good a player(and fit)to pass on.I would go all Offense after taking Parsons early, but if I am confident I can get Collins at 20 I would happily go WR with the Houston pick(or maybe after a slight trade down).

That's very fair. Everything is on a string. If you're weak in one area, you have to compensate for it somewhere else, and KC's offense compensates for a lot.

I think the Panthers are going to take Kyle Pitts...they drafted heavy (and well) on defense last year.

They have two very good WRs in Moore and Anderson...great RB in McCaffery. Add Pitts to that group and it makes them hard to defend. Bridgewater is not horrible.

I dont think they draft Parsons...
I think the Panthers are in major need of a CB. I would not be surprised to see them take the first CB off the board.

I think the Panthers are in major need of a CB. I would not be surprised to see them take the first CB off the board.
I really hope. Maybe they’d accept a modest trade down if that’s the case. Rhule loves him some defense.

Carolina is in a weird spot. If they can unload McAffrey and get a 1st plus they need to explore that. Not sure if his recent extension makes that impossible.

I really hope. Maybe they’d accept a modest trade down if that’s the case. Rhule loves him some defense.

Carolina is in a weird spot. If they can unload McAffrey and get a 1st plus they need to explore that. Not sure if his recent extension makes that impossible.
Probably... it's really difficult to trade a recently signed player. All that bonus money accelerates... in this case, 32 million.

Atlanta knew what they were doing each of the last two weeks when they lost on purpose.

Back
Top Bottom