carter playing us!!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

carter playing us!!!!!

rizer said:
if saban doesnt get played how many dc did we loose because of his playing around?
errr... 2

mangini and grantham... and they took DC jobs elsewhere.

he was really playing around :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

hey chambers you ever here of getting played ???????? its been 4 days he has been saying he is going to sign and nothing yet , seems like he is fielding other offers

So what. He's a free agent. That's the definition of free agency. You play the market. I like the fact that we're standing firm on these minimum contracts. If we land the FA, these are low impact potential high reward signings - two years at vet minimums? Heck our hole team is practically playing at the vet minimum. Our cap space from this point forward is going to be nice.

And if Carter doesn't accept it, then so be it, we'll move on to the next guy (Howard or Burgess etc.).

I hope we do sign him. That would give us outstanding depth at both DL and LB. You have the potential to go with a lineup in a 4-3 that consists of:

DE Jason Taylor
DT Kevin Carter
DT Larry Chester
DE Vonnie Holliday/David Bowens

OLB Junior Seau
MLB Zach Thomas
OLB Derrick Pope

Or we can flip to a 3-4 and lineup as follows:

DE Vonnie Holliday
DT Larry Chester
DE Kevin Carter

OLB Jason Taylor
MLB Junior Seau
MLB Zach Thomas
OLB David Bowens

I like the versatility if we can pull it off. I wonder if we sign Carter, if we will still go after Burgess as well?

rizer said:
if he was coming he would have signed already, i think he is just trying to get offers from other teams and using us a bargaining tool

How many threads are you gonna start saying the same thing?

rizer said:
if he was coming he would have signed already, i think he is just trying to get offers from other teams and using us a bargaining tool

I love it when people react to something thats not even fact. First off, Carter is from Miami U is he not? I could be wrong but i thought i read that. second, The titans are so cap strapped its not funny. Carter was one of the reasons they became that way. Obviously, the titans are letting all their stars go becuase they cannot afford them anymore.

Think before you react.

miamirw said:
So what. He's a free agent. That's the definition of free agency. You play the market. I like the fact that we're standing firm on these minimum contracts. If we land the FA, these are low impact potential high reward signings - two years at vet minimums? Heck our hole team is practically playing at the vet minimum. Our cap space from this point forward is going to be nice.

And if Carter doesn't accept it, then so be it, we'll move on to the next guy (Howard or Burgess etc.).

bingo! its way early, you know guys are going to get cut come june 1 as well and you have the draft. what is the big friggin deal? You would think people would have figured this out by now....

finfan54 said:
I love it when people react to something thats not even fact. First off, Carter is from Miami U is he not? I could be wrong but i thought i read that.

No, he's from UF not UM.

why would Carter be playing us when he's take less money to play here....People need to have patience, these are professional athletes and moving from city to city is a big thing, Its not anything like changing underwears everyday.

Predaphin said:
why would Carter be playing us when he's take less money to play here....People need to have patience, these are professional athletes and moving from city to city is a big thing, Its not anything like changing underwears everyday.

You change your underwear EVERYDAY ?? I thought protocol was once a week.... :confused:

LarryFinFan said:
You change your underwear EVERYDAY ?? I thought protocol was once a week.... :confused:

NO...showering is once a week! You wash underwear at the same time :tongue:

Carter wont visit or talk to any other teams because he is giving Miami the first chance. If he was using us he would be talking to other teams also to try and increase our offer. I think he wants to be here, he just wants to be compensated.

rizer said:

Nonsense! The guy wants a big contract. Tennessee said they weren't interested at all and so he's trying to get as big a contract as he can from us. He's likely negotiating and having trouble deciding. Or, we're too far apart. He may decide he wants to wait and go elsewhere.

This is what players do. It's the SAME reason Surtain hasn't been traded yet - he wants a big deal teams haven't been willing to get yet.

Back
Top Bottom