Case for Gase or Gase a disgrace? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Case for Gase or Gase a disgrace?

This is not an attack, but who would you suggest the team goes after? I mean I am so sick and tired of mediocrity. I want another Don Shula and I want him now! I just don't know who that is…
I understand your logic. I had to think about it too. I'm pretty sure there spots where he had to rhyme so he cited the question.

I was willing to gove him more time after the NE beat down. However, after Gase has gone off and hired his Chicago buddies, **** Gase and the whole team. Chicago has been worthless for decades. We are nothing more than a place for failed Bears and Bengals to come. You watch, Jon Gruden will turn the Raiders around next year. Jon is a good coach; Gase, not so much.

This team always has an execution problem. No effort, not heart no will to win. Doesn’t matter who the coach is. Maybe it’s the laid back south Florida community life or something. These guys get rich, live in gated communities that are like retirement villages for rich folks. And they have kids and shop at Whole Foods and get very very soft. There needs to be a work ethic instilled in these guys that when they hit that practice facility that powderpuff world gets forgotten and they have a hard job to do and this is not retirement. Everybody is just feeding at the table cutting up a big fat delicious pie. The coach needs to change that mentality.

He's going to be the HC for the 2018 season and we'll see what happens. I like some of the things he's done and I don't like some of the things he's done but he's the coach for next season and I will root for him

Ozzy rules!!

I still believe he is an up and coming coach that will take us far. We had so mamy bad things happen this year on top of a really tough schedule and no bye week and a sophomore season for the coach. We all know that in every sport the first year you sometimes get over because nobody knows you yet, but that second year you better watch out. This goes for coaching too imo. Typically those that excel early, even if they have a bad second year, have a good career. Its less likely if you start bad and expect to improve. You got it or you don't and it usually shows right away.

Gase will take us nowhere but down the path of mediocrity. Coupled with our notorious front office, it is all doomed to be blown up.

Problems I have with Gase

Egomaniac
Control freak on offense
Stubborn
Too buddy buddy with players
Tries to be cool with the players
Commands little respect
Players do not fear him
Talks the talk. Doesn't walk it
Penalties and lack of discipline on him
Hires poor assistants
Hires assistants who won't question his inexperience
Takes too much time with offense and not the rest
Should get best coordinators and let them coach
Not a natural leader
Abandons running game
Same plays and game plans
Team is not ready to play
Predictable
Megalomaniac

This is not an attack, but who would you suggest the team goes after? I mean I am so sick and tired of mediocrity. I want another Don Shula and I want him now! I just don't know who that is…

That is exactly IT. Everyone wants him and the wins that go with it NOW. But other than Belichick, what coach even comes close to offering that?????

We hired a FIRST TIME head coach. He is going to learn on the job, just like Shula and Belichick got time to learn when they got their first teams. Will Gase turn out to be the next Shula -- we only get to know that in a couple of years and we'll never find out if he's expected to live up to those standards day one and the first time we have some adversity, we move on to the next guy.

You get points just for the "Name" of the thread! "Randomname" gets honorable mention!

As for my opinion, I'm with you he's young and as long as he's learning. At least we seem some signs. I was stoked after the Patriots second game but I'm sure most were. Then only disappointment afterwords as the team and players seem to take two steps back. This team is desperately in need of some "good fortune" for change.
I am hearing rumors that after the Belichick/Brady/Kraft fiasco, Bill was hands off in the Miami game and left Tom out to dry...not sure if it's true but holy hell I love even the mere thought of this....MUHAHAHAHAHAAA!!

I was willing to gove him more time after the NE beat down. However, after Gase has gone off and hired his Chicago buddies, **** Gase and the whole team. Chicago has been worthless for decades. We are nothing more than a place for failed Bears and Bengals to come. You watch, Jon Gruden will turn the Raiders around next year. Jon is a good coach; Gase, not so much.
I'm not so sold on Gruden...I mean when he was with the Raiders he did well but he won the SB with an inherited Dungy team in Tampa...I'm just not so into Gruden...plus he always makes microphone love to the other team playing the Phins on MNF but hardly even mentions when we have an explosive play...drives me nuts...

This team always has an execution problem. No effort, not heart no will to win. Doesn’t matter who the coach is. Maybe it’s the laid back south Florida community life or something. These guys get rich, live in gated communities that are like retirement villages for rich folks. And they have kids and shop at Whole Foods and get very very soft. There needs to be a work ethic instilled in these guys that when they hit that practice facility that powderpuff world gets forgotten and they have a hard job to do and this is not retirement. Everybody is just feeding at the table cutting up a big fat delicious pie. The coach needs to change that mentality.
Totally agree...not to talk about the Pats b/c i hate them almost as much as cancer; but in 2003 Belichick was given full reigns and got everyone from top down to buy into his philosophy...case in point, Lawyer Milloy wouldn't take a pay cut...team captain..cut...see ya, my way or the highway...late for practice you don't play, period...make a big mistake off the field, your cut...have to admire this approach and this trust from the owner...

He deserves another season because he himself is developing as a coach..
But also because of the Tannehill mistake.

If things flop in 18'...he is gone.

He deserves another season because he himself is developing as a coach..
But also because of the Tannehill mistake.

If things flop in 18'...he is gone.

Are you calling Tannehill a mistake? That will get you tarred and feathered around here. LOL.

Stephen Ross himself said he was giving Gase 3 years to right the ship. 2018 will be the 3rd year. I was not happy with the befuddled look on his face at times this past season. I am getting the feeling the game may be too big for him. i hope I'm wrong though. This offense was supposed to be the unit that would carry this team. instead, it was the unit that sabotaged it. The stupid penalties are inexcusable.

Back
Top Bottom