catch omar jacobs agian... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

catch omar jacobs agian...

nolefin

thank you
Reaction score
if you missed jacobs on sat. like i did they are replaying the game right now on espn2 fyi

Yeah, Jacobs looks amazing...

In other news, Wisconsin has the ugliest helmets ever

...wow. I finally just decided to pay attention to Jacobs' throwing.

He's a pusher like Marino, but man does the guy have a ton of physical ability. Wow.

Quick release, tons of velocity on his passes. His throwing motion is off. Accuracy seems pretty well above mediocre. Throws well on the run. I want to see him scramble, and I want to see him check down and make reads. But it's easy to see this guy is first round all the way.

He sure is showing a lot of heart in this first half going score for score with Wisconsin too, 35-35 at halftime and he just took his team 80 yards down the field with less than a minute remaining in the half to score a TD.

But in the second half if I understand right, Wisconsin pulled away, and BG only got one more TD (another TD throw by Jacobs) and Omar threw for 150 more yards. Obviously Wisconsin adjusted to something, and Jacobs couldn't keep them in it...is it lack of weapons? Or did Jacobs get confused. I'll evaluate some other time I guess.

ckparrothead said:
Quick release, tons of velocity on his passes. His throwing motion is off. Accuracy seems pretty well above mediocre. Throws well on the run. I want to see him scramble, and I want to see him check down and make reads. But it's easy to see this guy is first round all the way.

I like Jacobs accuracy, it's obviously pretty good. Jacobs is a one man show on that crappy Bowling Green team. I just don't think that Matt could do that at BG. To bad Jacobs does play for FSU or someone decent. Then people would see how good he is, BG's OL just sucks, oh well

ckparrothead said:
He sure is showing a lot of heart in this first half going score for score with Wisconsin too, 35-35 at halftime and he just took his team 80 yards down the field with less than a minute remaining in the half to score a TD.

But in the second half if I understand right, Wisconsin pulled away, and BG only got one more TD (another TD throw by Jacobs) and Omar threw for 150 more yards. Obviously Wisconsin adjusted to something, and Jacobs couldn't keep them in it...is it lack of weapons? Or did Jacobs get confused. I'll evaluate some other time I guess.

Bowling Green is out of thier league, BG sucks. However Jacobs has the big time skills to keep them into any games, but as a team BG sucks :eek:

BG lost their starting tailback just before half, and that really hurt them. There are two things that scare me about Jacobs, 1. he always works out of the shotgun, 2. his release is strange.

That said, he hangs in the pocket well and has good pocket presence. He is very accurate and strong armed, especially on the deep balls which he tosses in so nicely. I think he needs to work on his sidearm delivery on short routes, that ain't gonna fly in the NFL.

Carrot, I think you are right too, he pushes many passes. I like the guy, but would still rather have Leinart.

I dont think we will get a chance to draft Leinart. I will be happy with Omar..very happy!

Dear God his spirals look fantastic...

Yeah I wouldn't worry about his release because of the fact that his spirals are tight, the throws have about as much velocity as humanly possible, and his passes are really accurate. When you have all that going it's like worrying about going to battle with a tank because you don't like the paint job. I said he was a pusher the way Marino was a pusher. It's a throwing motion, I wasn't passing negative judgement on Jacobs.

To me, he looks practically superhuman out there compared to the QBs I'm use to seeing.

Back
Top Bottom