CFL a Bush league...? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CFL a Bush league...?

Doesn't Wake hold the single season sack record? Reguardless of that though, I see your point and agree...... lets just take the wait and see approach.
Wake is a BEAST!, do your research boys "YouTube!"

Doesn't Wake hold the single season sack record? Reguardless of that though, I see your point and agree...... lets just take the wait and see approach.

actually Wake does not hold the sack record James Parker does with 26 Im sure you remember his NFL career

If you wanna trash on the CFL do it here and leave it out of the other threads..., it really is nauseating..., yes we Canadians know it ain't that good...

:lol2:
if it wouldn't be too much of a bother, i think i'll trash the cfl in every thread but this one. and your butt crack pic really is nauseating too but like tony soprano always said, 'what can ya do?'.

Say what you will but there isn't one college team that could go to Canada and beat any Canadian team. The Canadian players are exactly who we thought they were. A "CUT" just below NFL talent.

didn't the buffalo bills lose to a cfl team once? of course they always lose the big one so doesn't really mean anything.

Say what you will but there isn't one college team that could go to Canada and beat any Canadian team. The Canadian players are exactly who we thought they were. A "CUT" just below NFL talent.

A cut below is putting it mildly. A team like USC which at any time has at least 10 legitimate NFL players could beat a canadian team which usually has 0 legitimate NFL players. The canadian league is equivilant to the WLAF which is equilvilant to guys that are barely undrafted free agents. The canadian league is equivilant to a lesser talented divisions 1 football team

A cut below is putting it mildly. A team like USC which at any time has at least 10 legitimate NFL players could beat a canadian team which usually has 0 legitimate NFL players. The canadian league is equivilant to the WLAF which is equilvilant to guys that are barely undrafted free agents. The canadian league is equivilant to a lesser talented divisions 1 football team

Weak argument. Those (maybe) 10 future nfl legitimates found throughout the USC team doesn't mean the players are nfl caliber at that time. They aren't. The top USC draftee this year was alex sanchez. Is he nfl legitimate? 'He's proven nothing in the nfl.' (One of your favorite retorts).

Weak argument. Those (maybe) 10 future nfl legitimates found throughout the USC team doesn't mean the players are nfl caliber at that time. They aren't. The top USC draftee this year was alex sanchez. Is he nfl legitimate? 'He's proven nothing in the nfl.' (One of your favorite retorts).

thats not a weak arguement. Look at USC prospects over the last 4 years and there are at least 10 legitmate nfl prospects that will probably start in the NFL.

Are u telling me that a team of MArk Sanchez, Patrickl Turner, Rey Maulauaga, Brian Cushing, Clay Matthews Jr and so on would lose to a Canadian team that doesnt even have one player of thier ability most of the time is downright silly.

I agree none of them have proven anything in the NFL but excelling at top level college football outweighs excelling in Canada. The typical canadian player is not even drafted and is a bottom tier undrafted free agent.
Mark Sanchez would not even have competition to start in Canada as would none of these guys. They would go to Canada and automatically start, very few canadian players would start for USC. Lets look at the best of Canadian football that we just signed, he was not even drafted like I already pointed out and did not even make it to training camp in the NFL.

Like I said a top level college team is way more talented and loaded with much more NFL level talent than any canadian league team. USC has more players that make the NFL every year than the whole canadian league does every 4 years.

Pat White would be a star in canada and walk right into a starting job AND i DONT EVEN THINK HE IS a very good NFL quarterback canidate.

I actually like the CFL but I recognize it for what it is. Jarret Payton is a starter there and one of the better players and he could not sniff an NFL roster.

thats not a weak arguement. Look at USC prospects over the last 4 years and there are at least 10 legitmate nfl prospects that will probably start in the NFL.

Are u telling me that a team of MArk Sanchez, Patrickl Turner, Rey Maulauaga, Brian Cushing, Clay Matthews Jr and so on would lose to a Canadian team that doesnt even have one player of thier ability most of the time is downright silly.

I agree none of them have proven anything in the NFL but excelling at top level college football outweighs excelling in Canada. The typical canadian player is not even drafted and is a bottom tier undrafted free agent.
Mark Sanchez would not even have competition to start in Canada as would none of these guys. They would go to Canada and automatically start, very few canadian players would start for USC. Lets look at the best of Canadian football that we just signed, he was not even drafted like I already pointed out and did not even make it to training camp in the NFL.

Like I said a top level college team is way more talented and loaded with much more NFL level talent than any canadian league team. USC has more players that make the NFL every year than the whole canadian league does every 4 years.

Pat White would be a star in canada and walk right into a starting job AND i DONT EVEN THINK HE IS a very good NFL quarterback canidate.

I actually like the CFL but I recognize it for what it is. Jarret Payton is a starter there and one of the better players and he could not sniff an NFL roster.

Wow... 'D' man I expect a little more... About the only thing in this post that is not outright biased generalization and supposition is the punctuation.

Sorry bro but I gotta call you out on this one... EVERY CFL roster is filled with guys from big american programs... yes there is an 'import' rule and they have to have a certain number of Canadians but where do you think these guys come from?

Come on dude nobody is saying the CFL is close to the NFL on a talent level but you have to draw the line somewhere... Saying that any big American program could beat any CFL team on any given day is... Well... Um a little much.

I mean when you say that excelling in top rate college programs outweighs excelling in Canada... What does that mean when it is where most of them came from?????

Then trying to compare a USC team spread out over 4 years against a CFL roster... I just don't see how that applies to the argument... Or are you saying that USC HAS 10 STARTERS IN THE PROGRAM RIGHT NOW!!!! ::sidelol: This, by extension, would mean that they could actually compete in the NFL let alone the CFL since half the team is NFL ready... Give me a break... Outrageous.

Sure about that? There is recent history to prove otherwise....At least according to one CFL defender here.

Wow... 'D' man I expect a little more... About the only thing in this post that is not outright biased generalization and supposition is the punctuation.

Sorry bro but I gotta call you out on this one... EVERY CFL roster is filled with guys from big american programs... yes there is an 'import' rule and they have to have a certain number of Canadians but where do you think these guys come from?

Come on dude nobody is saying the CFL is close to the NFL on a talent level but you have to draw the line somewhere... Saying that any big American program could beat any CFL team on any given day is... Well... Um a little much.

I mean when you say that excelling in top rate college programs outweighs excelling in Canada... What does that mean when it is where most of them came from?????

Then trying to compare a USC team spread out over 4 years against a CFL roster... I just don't see how that applies to the argument... Or are you saying that USC HAS 10 STARTERS IN THE PROGRAM RIGHT NOW!!!! ::sidelol: This, by extension, would mean that they could actually compete in the NFL let alone the CFL since half the team is NFL ready... Give me a break... Outrageous.

Never said any college team could beat an NFL team but THe CFL is a differant animal. Its made up of guys that were not even drafted for the most part. USC had at least 4 nfl starters at this point this season which is 4 more than the CFL has in the entire league.

There used to be a college allstars versus the super bowl champions and these games were not lopsided. The majority of CFL players are not good enough to even make an NFL roster much less starts at any point.

I mean seriusly the most sought after CFL product will likely be a backup for us while USC alone may have 5 rookie starters alone this season. Please feel free to look over any CFL team and tell me where all these great players are. Stefen Lefors and Darient Durant are starting qb's there, Kenyon Rambo seventh round draft pick is thier best receiver. This is not a talent laden league. Andrew Greene was a 4 time all CFL player.

Believe me Im not trashing the league Im just speaking the truth. Im glad there are other leagues that play football.The CFL is basically is as talented as the WLAF.

Never said any college team could beat an NFL team but THe CFL is a differant animal. Its made up of guys that were not even drafted for the most part. USC had at least 4 nfl starters at this point this season which is 4 more than the CFL has in the entire league.

There used to be a college allstars versus the super bowl champions and these games were not lopsided. The majority of CFL players are not good enough to even make an NFL roster much less starts at any point.

I mean seriusly the most sought after CFL product will likely be a backup for us while USC alone may have 5 rookie starters alone this season. Please feel free to look over any CFL team and tell me where all these great players are. Stefen Lefors and Darient Durant are starting qb's there, Kenyon Rambo seventh round draft pick is thier best receiver. This is not a talent laden league. Andrew Greene was a 4 time all CFL player.

Believe me Im not trashing the league Im just speaking the truth. Im glad there are other leagues that play football.The CFL is basically is as talented as the WLAF.

I do apreciate the point you are trying to make but I do respectfully disagree... Vehemently.

First off the leagues are so different it is difficult to even compare... In Canada it is a speed game where smaller talented atheletic guys can feast... Guys who are not prototypical NFL types but have excelled at every level prior.

Both leagues recruit and draft heavily from all of the U.S. programs big and small... While there is no doubt that the NFL gets the cream of the crop the CFL does get (an albeit tiny) share of national talent.

While you hold to the point that in a program like USC, 5 starters may... and let's be honest we still don't know... Actually play in the league... The huge bulk of that team was unfit for the NFL... AND CFL alike.

Maybe there is a better question... Could a cobbled together all star team from the NFL's various practice squads beat any CFL team on any given day... Hmmm JMO but I say probably not but a good game. That is where I would place the majority level of talent in the CFL... Between 3rd team and practice squads. In fact alot of guys come to the CFL to avoid that and showcase their talent for a hopeful shot at the 'bigs'...

Now... Could that same all star team beat USC... INTERESTING... I think so. In fact, to use your own argument you would HAVE TO AGREE since you are putting such a premium on guys who have made it to NFL squads... Meaning the all star team has 100 percent of players from NFL organizations while USC has only 5, despite the fact they are IYO NFL starting caliber. Your words not mine.

Is the CFL bush league, maybe, I don't know I don't go watch and I turn down free tickets from my sales reps all the time.

One thing I do know is that tomorrow I have a soccer game at Mcmahon stadium which is home to the Calgary Stampeders. We are division 4 in amateur soccer, so its not even that good. Do you think NFL teams would allow there stadiums to be used for this. I think not. That in itself is bush league to me.

Back
Top Bottom