Chambers, Freeman and... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chambers, Freeman and...

Dredd1050

A STRONG MAN SHEDS BLOOD BEFORE TEARS
Reaction score
McCardell!!!

That would make a few happy campers in here, wouldn't it?? Me included. Go for broke. Get em both!! :)

pigskinguy said:
I think McCardell will want to much for our FO's liking.
That's why I said go for broke. The FO almost HAS to do this to salvage some semblance of a successful season. They're going to get that 5 million back from Williams and RS knows that Edge will be in town in 2005. I think it's a great opportunity to solidify the WR corps for the next few years (Boston coming back in 05).

They like Freeman cause there is no strings attached for next year which you can bet that wouldn't be the case with Mcardell but if it could work why not?

CC,Boston,and Mcardell would be good!!!!!

Our front office has to understand that no good quality player is gonna come cheap around this kinda time during the season so Spielman has to grow some balls and make a move. And a McCardell signing would make alot of disgruntled Dolphin fans happy right about now...

bahamathug said:
Our front office has to understand that no good quality player is gonna come cheap around this kinda time during the season so Spielman has to grow some balls and make a move. And a McCardell signing would make alot of disgruntled Dolphin fans happy right about now...

But you have to remember what we think doesn't matter! They have to think about the future of the team also! If they start worrying about what the people in the stands are thinking then they are going to be sitting with them soon! Getting a play like that would be great but not at the price of the future of the team! You can't just keep throwing money at players and give huge contracts if it's going to stop you from being able to resign players in the future! They need to be smart about it and not just make a move for the sack of making a move!

Don't get me wrong though it would be nice to have him here just as long as the price is right!

Levi said:
freeman is good, but Tim Brown is better,,,

Tim Brown's time has past him by! I think Freeman will be a better fit! Brown hasn't done anything in a couple of years!

Levi said:
freeman is good, but Tim Brown is better,,,

I disagree. I think Brown's tank is on E right now. And if the Bucs cut McCardell, their receiving corps might be the NFL's worst.

Dredd1050 said:
That's why I said go for broke. The FO almost HAS to do this to salvage some semblance of a successful season. They're going to get that 5 million back from Williams and RS knows that Edge will be in town in 2005. I think it's a great opportunity to solidify the WR corps for the next few years (Boston coming back in 05).

I believe that 5 million is bonus money and dosen't count against the cap to begin with, so getting it back only make WH richer.

Its hard to say that trading for anyone will be at the right price. Front Offices in the league pretty much know that the Dolphins are desperate and are gonna come knocking. So players that they would give up for a 7th rounder all of a sudden is good enough to be traded for Ogun and one of our pics. THATS WHAT EVERYBODY WHO WANTS A TRADE MUST REMEMBER. We arent going after luxury players or players that will sit on the bench. we will go after the players that can make an impact. and quite frankly ALL prices will be too high because we are desperate. Remember when teams were begging for Ogun and we kept the price tag on him high, so now it's basically thier turn to screw us

There really isn't a downside to picking them both up. It will only strengthen this team for the future. DO IT FO!!!!!

If ever there was a time to overpay a little bit now is the time and I believe McCardell makes a big difference to this team right now from an attitude point of view and simply protecting Chambers from every double team. I've watched McCardell make game changing plays for years now and is one of my favorite non-Dolphin players. You can't give him sick money like a Marvin Harrison, T.O. or Randy Moss but give him a strong deal and get him in here because we need him badly.

Besides the fact that McCardell wants a lot of money (he isn't in camp for a reason...), he isn't exactly a free agent either. I doubt we will get him.

BSQX4 said:
If ever there was a time to overpay a little bit now is the time and I believe McCardell makes a big difference to this team right now from an attitude point of view and simply protecting Chambers from every double team. I've watched McCardell make game changing plays for years now and is one of my favorite non-Dolphin players. You can't give him sick money like a Marvin Harrison, T.O. or Randy Moss but give him a strong deal and get him in here because we need him badly.

My sentiments exactly!! This is the time to pull the trigger on these deals. Bring a little respect BACK to the organization and show the rest of the NFL that the Miami Dolphins are in this thing BIOTCHES!!!!!!! :lol:

But seriously though, I really hope they do it.

Back
Top Bottom