Chances the Broncos beat NY? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chances the Broncos beat NY?

The Broncos aren't a very good team so the chances of them winning are slim but the Jets haven't looked very impressive against the pass. Revis looks mediocre but Cromartie is picking up the slack. I think you can get to the Jets D by spreading them out and getting rid of the ball quick, something the Broncos do well so the Broncos could pull off the victory. Plus the Jets have been crazy lucky this year. Henning has his typical senile moments with play-calling, Favre cant hit a wide open WR to save his life, and Sanchez has thrown at least 3 passes that were easy picks that ended up as incompletions. He's due to turn it over. Still, if I'm betting on the game and the lines -3 Jets, I'm taking the Jets.

I would love to see the jests lose, but we need to take care of our own business first. If we don't win, doesn't really matter...except it would keep us from falling ANOTHER game behind.

Chances are Slim and none and Slim just left town. R U serious ? The Jets blitz packages are going to be too much for the Denver Oline to handle. Denvers QB is going to be face planted many many maaaaaany times.

The Broncos aren't a very good team so the chances of them winning are slim but the Jets haven't looked very impressive against the pass. Revis looks mediocre but Cromartie is picking up the slack. I think you can get to the Jets D by spreading them out and getting rid of the ball quick, something the Broncos do well so the Broncos could pull off the victory. Plus the Jets have been crazy lucky this year. Henning has his typical senile moments with play-calling, Favre cant hit a wide open WR to save his life, and Sanchez has thrown at least 3 passes that were easy picks that ended up as incompletions. He's due to turn it over. Still, if I'm betting on the game and the lines -3 Jets, I'm taking the Jets.

In only three games I have watched he threw what could have been 5-6 balls that should have been INTs - it is hard to believe...
But it is what it is...

Aren't the Broncos missing 5 players? Their secondary is pretty banged up and they're 25th in the league in rushing defense. The Jets should be able to move the ball really well. The Broncos passing game is good so it may be a higher scoring game than I'd like but I think the Jets win.

The Vikings have Favre, Moss, and Peterson and couldn't quite get it done. Orton, Maroney, and Royal doesn't inspire much confidence as far as Denver's chances go. Anything can happen in the NFL on any given Sunday though.

I'm worried about this game, probably a bit more than I was about Minnesota. Denver's passing game is greater than the sum of its parts. None of the names jump out at you but they get it done somehow, not unlike the Patriots prior to Moss/Welker. Meanwhile our pass defense has been pretty shaky. They have several outlet options on any given pass play and use the short passing game well, so those overload blitzes are going to backfire on us if they don't hit home. They are pretty one-dimensional though so hopefully not having to load up on their run game makes defending the pass easier.

On offense we'll have a chance to dominate time of possession against an weak front 7 that will be missing 2 LBs. So hopefully it plays out similar to the Buffalo game as far as controlling the clock.

The Jets have a history of being weak when playing on the west coast though last season they did win in Oakland. Coming off a short week in a big MNF game could give Denver a chance to pull off the upset.
Just one small problem, Denver is technically not on the west "Coast" but close enough in my book and your right, short week after a very wet monday nighter heading into colder temps,higher elevations and windy conditions may just level out the teams. Could come down to whoever has the ball last and scores and we all know how Sanchez just Lovzzzz those cooler temps!

The Jets have a history of being weak when playing on the west coast though last season they did win in Oakland. Coming off a short week in a big MNF game could give Denver a chance to pull off the upset.

We won in oakland and at SD in the playoffs last year. I think the West Coast thing is overblown b/c we were so bad 2 years ago but outside of '08 in the last 10 years;

2009: 2-0, Oak and SD(playoffs)
2008: 0-4, lost to SD, Oak, Sea, SF
2007: 0-0
2006: 0-0
2005: 0-0
2004: 2-0, beat SD twice(2nd meeting in playoffs)
2003: 1-0. beat oak
2002: 1-2, beat SD and lost to Oak twice(one in playoffs)
2001: 1-1, aplit w/ Oak(lost in playoffs)
2000: 0-1, lost at Oak

Outside of '08 we've done a good job out West.

Where we haven't done well is at Denver. The only time I can remember off the top of my head winning in denver was 1999.

anything can happen especially with the jets coming off a short week and flying out west. right now, i would say the jets, due to everyone on denvers defense being hurt, but i hope i am dead wrong and the jets lose. their is nothing i hate more than the jets.

Hmmm...so I see you've already found an excuse.

Back
Top Bottom