Chargers shut out Pats fans Only Southern Calif. residents to get seats | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chargers shut out Pats fans Only Southern Calif. residents to get seats

MR NFLFAN

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Is this fair and should the league allow it?

Chargers shut out Pats fans

Only Southern Calif. residents to get seats

By Bruce Mohl, Globe Staff | January 10, 2007
The San Diego Chargers are trying to solidify their home-field advantage against the New England Patriots Sunday by restricting the sale of tickets to Southern California residents only.
Several Patriots fans who went looking for game tickets on Ticketmaster were stunned to learn that their money was no good.
"The San Diego Chargers have restricted sales to the Divisional Playoff game to residents of Southern California and the surrounding area only," Ticketmaster warned. "Residency will be based on your credit card billing address. Orders by residents outside of southern California will be canceled without notice."

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2007/01/10/chargers_shut_out_pats_fans/

wow, i do not think thats fair... and i think they will be punished somehow for it

It wont matter, they're still going to lose.

sportscenter just said the Bears are doing the samething.

It wont matter, they're still going to lose.

sportscenter just said the Bears are doing the samething.

The question wasn't who would win or lose it was weather in your opinion this practice was fair to the fans and weather the league should allow such practice?

They're not preventing NE fans. Just preventing those who order with credit cards...you can order tickets via phone from anywhere with different method of payment arrangements

i bet on this game with a pats fan in school

They're not preventing NE fans. Just preventing those who order with credit cards...you can order tickets via phone from anywhere with different method of payment arrangements

Really and then what do you send your cash by carrier pigeon?

Apparently it is. The Bears also announced the same type of visiting fans shut out for their playoff game this weekend.

:confused: :confused: I don't think that's fair at all.

I know theres no way in hell Miami could pull it off. Way too diverse, we'd only get 35,000 - 40,000.

My question is what about the Charger fans that may be coming frim surrounding states or even other parts of California, wouldn't they be left out and the Chargers losing that many more fans.

This is not wrong, Home Field Advantage should be just that. This only makes for a better more exciting enviorment for the Home team, which is fine regardless who the team is.

The question wasn't who would win or lose it was weather in your opinion this practice was fair to the fans and weather the league should allow such practice?

Of course it's fair, it's their stadium. And they arent the only ones doing it. Get the tickets on ebay, or some other 2nd hand ticket broker, though I'm sure this will drive up the price. It does seem a bit shady though and I can see the NFL stepping in after the year if they have the power to.

Terrible practice. I don't think that doing something like this embodies the sportsmanship the NFL is supposed to champion.

Back
Top Bottom