Chargers shut out Pats fans Only Southern Calif. residents to get seats | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chargers shut out Pats fans Only Southern Calif. residents to get seats

I think this is petty and stupid. Suppose you allow ppl from outside soCal to buy tickets. It is not as though the majority of the fans there will not be Chargers fans. No matter what, SD will have the home field advantage.

Don't worry the chargers org were just protecting you from scalpers.

They pretty much do the same thing every year at Invesco Field at Mile High for Broncos regular season and playoff tickets. They make available about 1,000 to 3,000 tickets but they usually say you can only pick up these tickets at the Will-Call window so the scalpers cannot get them. It is pretty much up to the home team to decide how to allot tickets. You can always try to find a ticket on E-Bay or the San Diego Trib and pay fair market value.

I have your solution. Send me the money and I'll buy the tickets for you.:wink:
You can always trust a dolfan.

What it boils down to is whether you are a Charger fan or a Patriots fan, it is all about class, and respect for a fellow fan. It shouldn't come down to degrading comments of any sex female or male. Treat others as you would want to be treated. I have been around Charger fans for 24 years now, and they are very classy fans. There is always a few bad apples.:wink:

What it boils down to is whether you are a Charger fan or a Patriots fan, it is all about class, and respect for a fellow fan. It shouldn't come down to degrading comments of any sex female or male. Treat others as you would want to be treated. I have been around Charger fans for 24 years now, and they are very classy fans. There is always a few bad apples.:wink:

I agree. I go to chargers game often. Not only when the fins plays them but when a good team rolls into town. Chargers fan are real classy and fun to be around. Even when I was in my dolphins gear they were totally cool.

I agree. I go to chargers game often. Not only when the fins plays them but when a good team rolls into town. Chargers fan are real classy and fun to be around. Even when I was in my dolphins gear they were totally cool.
Yes I totally agree. The last game I made friends with quite a few Charger fans, and they were great people. Stopped a couple potential fights too.:wink:

You know LT21 nice BS post I quoted above. Tell me, last years Steelers game your team told steelers fans they had to buy game tickets to 3 charger home games to be able to be eligible for a ticket to the Steeler chargers game and you tell us about protection from scalpers? Sounds to me like the real scalpers are your teams FO.
Must be that tactic didn't thrill the league so they came up with a different lockout plan this year. You Kick the boston Media for playing this up yet everything in that article is true and just because the truth rasied a hackle on your head it doesn't make the Globe a bad paper, perhaps you feeling a little guilty for the chargers org being exposed for the frauds they are. First there was last year ticket scam to lock out steelers fans and now a new one this season for the pats fans. Whats next we'll have to have an orange tree planted on our properity for a ticket or prove you live on a fault line?
Sure every team has the ability to use these practices but they don't and because everyone has the right it doen't make it any less slimey. I guess thats something you either don't see or understand from a top your soap box while giving your speech on the state of the NE Media and its fans.

This week the site I frequent most Patriotsplanet has been filled with trash talking low life charger fans some who put down female pats fans who post there with sexual rants and comments that were absolutley classless...tell me about the worse fans in the league again.

Feeling guilty? We're here to discuss and I'm telling you FACT that the remaining TICKETS were a total of 1,000 that was LEFTOVER. If you like and would like to discredit me, here's the Chargers ticket office 619.280.2121, ask for a ticket representative and discuss.

Put it this way, this news came out a couple of days ago (when the tickets were released to Ticketmaster)..so you're telling me we only made the tickets available last week and the 5-7 thousand Pat fans coming...where did they get their tickt from?

And the practice of purchasing one ticket to popular games BUT must purchase additional tickets is a COMMON PRACTICE that A WHOLE LOT OF TEAMS IN THE NFL PRACTICE. This practice has been going on FOR YEARS! I dont remember how far back, but I was still in the front office in 1997 and other NFL teams were using the same marketing tactic. Heck, there are even tactics where you purchase ONE POPULAR game, but you must purchase a "mini-pack" season ticket along with it.

Trash talking "low life" Charger fans - NICE! I'm not here to start a peeing contest about who the "low class" fans are. But HONESTLY, have you ever heard of anyone calling Charger fans "low-class" or "rude?" Now compare that to what they say about New England fan? But again, I'm not here to discuss that. Simply informing you that 1,000 tickets were "released" by the front office to Ticketmaster.

Ok, Im done with my BS POST -- if you don't believe me -- Here, READ THIS.

Playoff tickets

The Chargers found out yesterday their first playoff game is a week from today. The team will place the remaining tickets – fewer than 1,000 – on sale at noon tomorrow. The tickets, mostly singles, are only available at www.ticketmaster.com.

There is a limit of two tickets per order, and only orders with Southern California ZIP codes will be processed.

The Chargers will play at 1:30 p.m. against the winner of today's New England-New York Jets game.

Oh and to make sure you don't call BS again---

Here is the LINK:
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20070107-9999-1s7chnotes.html

So tell me, did they give you the full information regarding the ticket sales?

:rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2

Feeling guilty? We're here to discuss and I'm telling you FACT that the remaining TICKETS were a total of 1,000 that was LEFTOVER. If you like and would like to discredit me, here's the Chargers ticket office 619.280.2121, ask for a ticket representative and discuss.

My post never questioned the amount of tickets offered...maybe you should read it a little closer. It questioned the Chargers shut out practices and its funny how the restriction changed for last year to this year. I know I know just a coincidence...right.

Put it this way, this news came out a couple of days ago (when the tickets were released to Ticketmaster)..so you're telling me we only made the tickets available last week and the 5-7 thousand Pat fans coming...where did they get their tickt from?

Not quite sure what the hell your even talking about but according to the chargers they must be from southern Cal per their policy.

And the practice of purchasing one ticket to popular games BUT must purchase additional tickets is a COMMON PRACTICE that A WHOLE LOT OF TEAMS IN THE NFL PRACTICE. This practice has been going on FOR YEARS! I dont remember how far back, but I was still in the front office in 1997 and other NFL teams were using the same marketing tactic. Heck, there are even tactics where you purchase ONE POPULAR game, but you must purchase a "mini-pack" season ticket along with it.

Why don't you name a few if the practice is SO common with a whole lot of teams using that practice. Its real common if your a chargers fan. Didn't you hear how surprised and angry steelers fans were last year when the chargers ticket office fed them that 3 games ticket rule line? Guess its not common knowledge to those fans either. In your post you try to discredit the Boston Globe for reporting the truth. Now why would that even be a pressworthy story if this is as you say such common practice across the league? I talked to jets fans and bills fans and dolphin fans and funny it doesn't appear as common practice to fans from those teams either. The real fact is the only other team using the new zip code scam is the bears..Yeah thats a whole lot of teams.

trash talking "low life" Charger fans - NICE! I'm not here to start a peeing contest about who the "low class" fans are. But HONESTLY, have you ever heard of anyone calling Charger fans "low-class" or "rude?" Now compare that to what they say about New England fan? But again, I'm not here to discuss that. Simply informing you that 1,000 tickets were "released" by the front office to Ticketmaster.

For someone who's not here to discuss that or start a peeing contest you didn't waste any time whipping it out. Heres you original peeing post

As I've mentioned before, Im all for a little jabbing, smack talk, whatever you want to call it. But to make things "racial" and degrade Hispanics was the straw that broke the camels back for me. Im 100% convinced, I thought New York fans were horrible - but NO - New England fans are far worse.

That is not intended to generalize all of them - but majority - goodness gracious - IT'S A SPORT/ENTERTAINMENT!

"This is not intended to generalize- but majority"? WTF isn't that generalizing. We pats fans put up with a lot of pretty low class comments all week too as my post stated but I'm not intending to generalize but- majority- were very classless. See thats generalizing.
I don't know perhaps your of hispanic descent and thats probably why your angry and I agree smack talk is ok only to a point of talking about the teams and players. Racial comments are rude and sexist comments about the female anatomy to female fans are IMO just as rude so don't act like all charger fans are saints. Plain and simple facts every team has its own trash fans and I guess unless you can sit there and tell me you know the majority of pats fans well then i'd have to say that you were indeed trying to start a peeing contest.

Ok, Im done with my BS POST -- if you don't believe me -- Here, READ THIS.

Playoff tickets

The Chargers found out yesterday their first playoff game is a week from today. The team will place the remaining tickets – fewer than 1,000 – on sale at noon tomorrow. The tickets, mostly singles, are only available at www.ticketmaster.com.

There is a limit of two tickets per order, and only orders with Southern California ZIP codes will be processed.

The Chargers will play at 1:30 p.m. against the winner of today's New England-New York Jets game.

Oh and to make sure you don't call BS again---

Here is the LINK:
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20070107-9999-1s7chnotes.html

So tell me, did they give you the full information regarding the ticket sales?

:rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2

As I said this thread was never about how many tickets went on sale or whos fans are worse it was about how those tickets that did go out for sale were controled and how they did shut out not only non southern cal pats fans but they also shut out your own teams non southern cal residents. I posted an article from the Boston globe which you quickly tried to trash its reputation because it was simply a boston paper that printed the TRUTH about the chargers practice of the newest shut out tickets sales practice of our local fans with the zip code requirement. Where did this big bad boston paper lie or print untruths about the chargers practice regarding ticket sales? In an effort to make this look like common practice you threw the globe and the good fans of NE under the bus. This zip code sales practice that you stated was to prevent scalpers from benefiting, must be the east coast scalpers only cause the zip code sales certainly wouldn't have stopped the so Cal scalpers one bit.

I started this thread for opinions about this sort of ticket sales practice. I didn't intend to pee all over anyone and looking at some of the comments I do believe you the first one to say that this is common and a whole lot of teams do it..i find that kind of strange that nobody else seems to think its as common as you do just as last year I didn't find one steeler fan that knew of this "common 3 game package" practice. Here we are a year removed for the steelers game and now we have a new "common" practice for ticket sales. I guess us new Englanders look at this way...If it looks like a duck and it quacks like a duck..then it is indeed a duck. I also do take offense to you trying to throw the "- majority-" of NE fans under the bus as some second class citizens and YOU talk about the arrogance of NY fans...??? Anyway I'll take it as IYO you see nothing wrong with the shut out practices and leave it at that.

You know LT21 nice BS post I quoted above. Tell me, last years Steelers game your team told steelers fans they had to buy game tickets to 3 charger home games to be able to be eligible for a ticket to the Steeler chargers game and you tell us about protection from scalpers? Sounds to me like the real scalpers are your teams FO.
Must be that tactic didn't thrill the league so they came up with a different lockout plan this year. You Kick the boston Media for playing this up yet everything in that article is true and just because the truth rasied a hackle on your head it doesn't make the Globe a bad paper, perhaps you feeling a little guilty for the chargers org being exposed for the frauds they are. First there was last year ticket scam to lock out steelers fans and now a new one this season for the pats fans. Whats next we'll have to have an orange tree planted on our properity for a ticket or prove you live on a fault line?
Sure every team has the ability to use these practices but they don't and because everyone has the right it doen't make it any less slimey. I guess thats something you either don't see or understand from a top your soap box while giving your speech on the state of the NE Media and its fans.

This week the site I frequent most Patriotsplanet has been filled with trash talking low life charger fans some who put down female pats fans who post there with sexual rants and comments that were absolutley classless...tell me about the worse fans in the league again.

Dude you are getting really pissy about this and it's ridiculous.

This whole rant over 1000 extra seats that the Chargers are holding for local fans?

Go hug your Tom Brady doll and get over it.

GEEZ! :rolleyes2

LT I'll be rooting for you guys to hand the Patsy's their own arse on a platter. Those extra 1000 seats that were held will be the difference. :lol:

Dude you are getting really pissy about this and it's ridiculous.

This whole rant over 1000 extra seats that the Chargers are holding for local fans?

Go hug your Tom Brady doll and get over it.

GEEZ! :rolleyes2

LT I'll be rooting for you guys to hand the Patsy's their own arse on a platter. Those extra 1000 seats that were held will be the difference. :lol:

Seriously, it's kind of sad. Take your bitterness out somewhere else, theres absolutely no reason to post a 5000 word essay about this and why you disagree with everyone. Do something productive with all that time!

Back
Top Bottom