Charles Harris and Raekwon McMillan or Rueben Foster and Jordan Willis? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Charles Harris and Raekwon McMillan or Rueben Foster and Jordan Willis?

Virginia99

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
Sorry, have to ask since the Dolphins could've had Rueben Foster and Jordan Willis v. Harris and McMillan. Thinking Foster is the most talented of the bunch.

we'd have selected foster if it wasn't for injury, combine altercation, diluted sample, etc. concerns (as would 20 some-odd other teams).

it's not a talent to talent comparison.

have to see how it all plays out, but i'd have gone the same way the team did.

Only time will tell. Any debate before they are even on the field is pointless.

Probably the most talented but also had some flags about his health and off the field stuff/failed test.

I didn't mind the way they went in the draft. McMillan should be at least a solid SOLB and Harris has the tools to be a very good pass rushing RDE.
Both have some flaws, but it's now up to them and the coaches to work out the kinks and improve.

That is interesting.

Foster was one of my favorite players to watch in college football this past season. On talent alone, he was close to top 10 if not in the top 10. His "offseason" was really bad, though, with leaving the combine, the diluted test, questions about his shoulder. It was pretty troublesome.

I probably would have gambled on Foster and then grabbed the UConn safety in R2.

Saying that, I'm encouraged by Miami's draft. It looks like the team took good fits, which is important. Harris jumps out on tape with his ability to rush the passer and I think McMillan will be solid at a position of need.

we'd have selected foster if it wasn't for injury, combine altercation, diluted sample, etc. concerns (as would 20 some-odd other teams).

it's not a talent to talent comparison.

have to see how it all plays out, but i'd have gone the same way the team did.

If it wasn't for those things we wouldn't have been in position to draft him. It's because of those red flags we had the ability and I would have taken him all day.

If it wasn't for those things we wouldn't have been in position to draft him. It's because of those red flags we had the ability and I would have taken him all day.

we'll see how it goes, but based on the information available at draft time, about 25 teams and I disagree.

Only Finheaven had Jordan Willis ranked so high.

I prefer Charles Harris by a mile. I love Ruben Foster, but when you consider all of the baggage.... Well, we will have to wait and see. McMillan has zero baggage and is a thousand times more mature at only 20 years old.

I'd have been thrilled with either of the two options. I'm thrilled now.

Only Finheaven had Jordan Willis ranked so high.

I prefer Charles Harris by a mile. I love Ruben Foster, but when you consider all of the baggage.... Well, we will have to wait and see. McMillan has zero baggage and is a thousand times more mature at only 20 years old.

I'd have been thrilled with either of the two options. I'm thrilled now.

Agreed.

Willis had so much buzz on FH that at one point people were talking about him not even getting to us, lol.

There are some risks worth taking Ala Laremy Tunsil. And some not so much. Foster dropped the "Do you know who I am" Line on a hospital worker. He did this BEFORE he's played one down of professional football. Add that to the drug test fail, the injuries and for a team that's in dire need of bodies at the LB position, drafting him and taking the risk that he'd either be hurt, or suspended for drug use or off field incidents was not something the dolphins could do at this point in their process.

Teams like The patriots, Steelers etc.. they can take gambles on guys like this because if he doesn't pan out, it won't hurt them at all. He doesn't pan out for us and its a PROBLEM

You don't get kicked out of anywhere with just the "do you know who I am" line.

Although I wasn't wild about the Harris pick when it was made, all things considered now -- I'd go the way the Dolphins did. Charles Harris and Raekwon McMillan.

When all is said and done, I think McMillan will have a longer and more productive career than Foster. I just think Foster's injury history will come back to bite. And if Harris is half the pass rusher they think he can be, it's a slam dunk IMO.

Who did Gase and company choose? I'll differ to their judgement. Sorry if the view from your couch led you to believe differently.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yeah well you don't have a lot of skin in the game as a fan.

I wouldn't hitch my wagon (career and reputation) to a star college player with shoulder injury and concussion concerns; in addition to personality issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like what we did. Let just say that all 4 of them turn out to be very good players. A big time pass rusher is way more important than a LB in today's NFL. Unless to can put pressure on the QB you're going to have a hard time winning. I believe all 4 players will be good but like someone else said, we can't afford to take chances at this point. I'm totally fine with what we did.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom