Charles Harris and Raekwon McMillan or Rueben Foster and Jordan Willis? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Charles Harris and Raekwon McMillan or Rueben Foster and Jordan Willis?

Two strikes against Foster: I read he needs surgery for both a labrum and a rotator cuff, and he might not play a down this year. Also, he's a Will; playing him at Sam or Mike would not help the run defense issues.

Imagine taking both Harris and Willis. Too me, you can never have too many pass rushers. PFF had Willis #15 overall and plenty of mocks had him going first round.

I read similar info. Here's the story:

The reason is that the Ravens believe that Foster WILL need a second surgery, despite what he and his agent and the 49ers medical staff says. This is what supposedly went down ....

Foster needed a surgery. Alabama is the home of the greatest sports surgeon in the world for ligaments, i.e. shoulder, elbows, knees, Dr. James Andrews, who is actually Auburn's team doctor, and an Alabama resident. Alabama sent him to Dr. Andrews, but his agent had his own guy that he recommended, and the moronic Foster went with that advice. The Ravens, as well as several other teams, weren't happy with his medical re-check, so they passed.

I tried to research to see how many games Foster missed during College couldn't find that exactly. I think the combination of the low test score, prior concussion history and other factors fans are not to privy to, led to the perception is that Foster will not be successful in the league. However, I'm still not sure what led to him submitting a diluted sample, HGH, weed, or some other drug. Either way, the team feels they got their targeted player in Charles Harris and I prefer an Edge rusher and SOLB to two LB's.

He has dealt with numerous stingers/concussions, is currently rehabbing a torn rotator cuff, and got kicked out of the Combine for arguing with a hospital worker after failing a drug test. He also managed a 9 on the Wonderlic. While his ceiling is high, Foster also has a low NFL floor

Wed, Aug 28, 2013
Reuben Foster - LB - Crimson Tide
Alabama freshman LB Reuben Foster suffered a concussion during preseason camp.
ESPN's Mark Schlabach tweeted the news, adding Foster hit fellow freshman running back Alvin Kamara so hard it caused the injury. Schlabach went on to say Foster is expected to play a lot during his first season.

ESPN Tue, Jun 30, 2015 11:09:00 AM
Foster has shined on special teams through two seasons, making highlight reel tackles with an old school mentality. Now Foster is expected to transition to weakside linebacker next to Reggie Ragland. Scarbrough does point out that Foster needs to stay healthy, as "lowering his head too often... has ended in quite a few visits with the training staff."

Sat, Sep 12, 2015
Alabama junior LB Reuben Foster exited Saturday's game against Middle Tenn with a left arm or shoulder injury.
Foster emerged as a starter this season next to Reggie Ragland and was pegged as a possible breakout star. Foster is a hard hitter who has made a name for himself on special teams.

Isn't Foster the big time recruit who committed to Auburn, got some sort of Auburn tattoo to cement the commitment and then signed with Bama? I don't mind insane LBs, but dude has some decision making issues.

I read similar info. Here's the story:

The reason is that the Ravens believe that Foster WILL need a second surgery, despite what he and his agent and the 49ers medical staff says. This is what supposedly went down ....

Foster needed a surgery. Alabama is the home of the greatest sports surgeon in the world for ligaments, i.e. shoulder, elbows, knees, Dr. James Andrews, who is actually Auburn's team doctor, and an Alabama resident. Alabama sent him to Dr. Andrews, but his agent had his own guy that he recommended, and the moronic Foster went with that advice. The Ravens, as well as several other teams, weren't happy with his medical re-check, so they passed.

This is essentially what I was talking about in regards to Foster and his agent being difficult to deal with and frustrating some teams.

Bottom line is, Reuben Foster received very sound advice from Saban and the staff at Alabama for his surgery and representation. Him and his agent simply wouldn't listen.

Saban loves Reuben Foster. We all do. I just hope it all works out for him somehow. But he has to start listening to the right people and shuck the hangers-on before it's too late for him.

This is essentially what I was talking about in regards to Foster and his agent being difficult to deal with and frustrating some teams.

Bottom line is, Reuben Foster received very sound advice from Saban and the staff at Alabama for his surgery and representation. Him and his agent simply wouldn't listen.

Saban loves Reuben Foster. We all do. I just hope it all works out for him somehow. But he has to start listening to the right people and shuck the hangers-on before it's too late for him.

He could be a stud if he listens to people.

Let me first say that I haven't felt this good about a Dolphins draft in years. I've probably ripped Tannenbaum more than anyone here but he deserves praise for this class. As for the OP, I would rather have Harris and Baekwon. Someone in this thread said Willis was only a 1st rounder on Finheaven, he makes a good point...I said in my opinion his tape wasn't better than Harris'. JWillis obliterated the combine and yet he still went 3rd round, I think that speaks volumes about what the league thought about his film. Now I do think he'll become a good player, without question he's got the tools, but I preferred Harris and Takk as well over the guy.

The real question is will we regret passing on Takk...I think at that spot I would have taken McKinley, I think he's got the higher ceiling, his athletic ability combined with what he put on film playing with a ****ed up shoulder for 2 years was simply amazing to me...though Atlanta was another team that agreed with Miami in having Harris rated higher on their board. Rumor is Seattle was trying to move up to 22, would've beeen nice to move down 4 spots, snag Takk and another 3rd.

Let me first say that I haven't felt this good about a Dolphins draft in years. I've probably ripped Tannenbaum more than anyone here but he deserves praise for this class. As for the OP, I would rather have Harris and Baekwon. Someone in this thread said Willis was only a 1st rounder on Finheaven, he makes a good point...I said in my opinion his tape wasn't better than Harris'. JWillis obliterated the combine and yet he still went 3rd round, I think that speaks volumes about what the league thought about his film. Now I do think he'll become a good player, without question he's got the tools, but I preferred Harris and Takk as well over the guy.

The real question is will we regret passing on Takk...I think at that spot I would have taken McKinley, I think he's got the higher ceiling, his athletic ability combined with what he put on film playing with a ****ed up shoulder for 2 years was simply amazing to me...though Atlanta was another team that agreed with Miami in having Harris rated higher on their board. Rumor is Seattle was trying to move up to 22, would've beeen nice to move down 4 spots, snag Takk and another 3rd.

I had similar thoughts on Takk. It will be interesting to see how he and Harris perform this year. I think Takk may be a better fit for Atlanta in the LEO role and will get more snaps on that defense than Harris will get on ours.

I had heard about him taking advice from his agent rather than Nick Saban, and I felt that it was interesting. There were also whispers of him hanging around the wrong people while at Alabama, so it wouldn't doubt me that he is a young guy that is prone to making ill informed decisions because of who he decides to put his trust in.

we'd have selected foster if it wasn't for injury, combine altercation, diluted sample, etc. concerns (as would 20 some-odd other teams).

it's not a talent to talent comparison.

have to see how it all plays out, but i'd have gone the same way the team did.

after Jordan, you'd think we'd shy away from pre-existing injuries and head cases... oh wait.

Taco Charlton was going to be picked if Harris wasn't available. Maybe Foster or Takk were #3 #4 on the board.

There are some risks worth taking Ala Laremy Tunsil. And some not so much. Foster dropped the "Do you know who I am" Line on a hospital worker. He did this BEFORE he's played one down of professional football. Add that to the drug test fail, the injuries and for a team that's in dire need of bodies at the LB position, drafting him and taking the risk that he'd either be hurt, or suspended for drug use or off field incidents was not something the dolphins could do at this point in their process.

Teams like The patriots, Steelers etc.. they can take gambles on guys like this because if he doesn't pan out, it won't hurt them at all. He doesn't pan out for us and its a PROBLEM
You took the words right out of my mouth. Fortunately, the team looks like it is trending in the right direction. I cannot wait for the day when the Dolphins can take chances like that, because they are so stocked with talent.

I had heard about him taking advice from his agent rather than Nick Saban, and I felt that it was interesting. There were also whispers of him hanging around the wrong people while at Alabama, so it wouldn't doubt me that he is a young guy that is prone to making ill informed decisions because of who he decides to put his trust in.

I hope he wakes up in time. Look, when you need surgery, you go to Dr. James Andrews. End of discussion. He's the best surgeon in the world and he's right there in your backyard in Birmingham.

It's hard to believe that Foster wouldn't take that advice from Saban and listen to his agent instead. How he's not able to discern the difference between the people around him who have his best interest in mind and who doesn't is absurd to me. Get it right Rueben.

Taco Charlton was going to be picked if Harris wasn't available. Maybe Foster or Takk were #3 #4 on the board.

Yea I saw that from Armando, honestly it's reports like this that are the reason I can't fully trust this franchise yet...taking Taco over McKinley is completely nuts to me.

Back
Top Bottom