Charles Harris progress | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Charles Harris progress

cause you cant just release the edge to the qb without letting the back get into position post snap...in this case however Mathews is worried about harris getting to the qb period cause he's beaten early on the spin...thus he stays with it longer...

I have no doubts that Mathews would have played that better had it not been a screen call and he knew he was gonna have to maintain a block...still it's an explosive play by the edge player harris...and that spin is gonna do work in time

cause you cant just release the edge to the qb without letting the back get into position post snap...in this case however Mathews is worried about harris getting to the qb period cause he's beaten early on the spin...thus he stays with it longer...

I have no doubts that Mathews would have played that better had it not been a screen call and he knew he was gonna have to maintain a block...still it's an explosive play by the edge player harris...and that spin is gonna do work in time
Yeah, you can't say Harris flat out beat him, because in this case Mathews wants to be beat. What he didn't want though was Harris to spin to the inside - he couldn't block down on him there because that's where the RB was going. Then, because Harris is moving so fast, he tries to get a hand on him so he won't get to Matty before the RB gets open. All in all, great hustle by the rookie - very close to blowing that play up on his own.

that's a screen call the left tackle is gonna let him go by...still it's explosive and impressive...kid looks good...only getting better

he's shown the bull rush the outside shoulder dip and the spin...and all look solid...this is one kid who I totally believe his hard work is paying off

Dwight Freeney made a career out of being quick enough around the edge to set up a sick spin move. If Harris can be even close to the player Freeney was I'll be happy.

Last year we were saying the draft needs to be all defense. It pretty much was and it’s paying dividends as the defense has done a 180 compared to last year. Maybe next year’s draft needs to be all offense.

I'd still love to see Miami get a top defensive player in round one and then concentrate on the offensive line and tight end the rest of the way. But I wouldn't be too upset if the draft was almost exclusively offense. That side of the ball was supposed to be the strength of the team, but obviously it hasn't panned out that way.

If the team lets Pouncey go (big possibility) that makes offensive line even more important in the draft.

Yeah, you can't say Harris flat out beat him, because in this case Mathews wants to be beat. What he didn't want though was Harris to spin to the inside - he couldn't block down on him there because that's where the RB was going. Then, because Harris is moving so fast, he tries to get a hand on him so he won't get to Matty before the RB gets open. All in all, great hustle by the rookie - very close to blowing that play up on his own.

Well said

I don't see FS happening with McDonald's offseason deal.

This goes back to the question of how the safeties will be used. I dont know much about McDonald, but I thought he was more the classic SS type. Reshad Jones is most effective near the LoS...SS type of stuff. Will we stay with "interchangeable safeties" or have a more FS/SS break in the roles? Id personally love to see a classic FS with high range, good coverage and ball skills paired up with Jones. We'll see...

This goes back to the question of how the safeties will be used. I dont know much about McDonald, but I thought he was more the classic SS type. Reshad Jones is most effective near the LoS...SS type of stuff. Will we stay with "interchangeable safeties" or have a more FS/SS break in the roles? Id personally love to see a classic FS with high range, good coverage and ball skills paired up with Jones. We'll see...

I’m so with you on this... I think a lot of us are.. a roaming FS is the main piece the D needs.. McDonald might be okay there for awhile, but I’d rather use him like Deone buccanon

they need to go to more package run once McDonald comes back...allens a better middle of the field option...

I don't see FS happening with McDonald's offseason deal.

I don't either...I think you are looking at tight end flex and in line and guard top 2 priorities outside shot at nickel corner

we got $70 plus mil in safety over the next 4 years...don't see it

they need to go to more package run once McDonald comes back...allens a better middle of the field option...

He isn't a better middle of field option than Reshard Jones tho. And that's what I anticipate happening when McDonald is worked in. Jones will be manning center field, and McDonald will be the strong. Those are your "interchangeable safeties"

I do wish we were able to nab a real range safety like Marcus Maye in the draft. He's looking the part with the Jets

Back
Top Bottom