Cheap WR? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cheap WR?

Any chance you see Wilson Jr and / or Achemedis coming back?

Wilson, unlikely, unless he just can't find a job. Maybe he'll get a minimum deal with incentives but highly unlikely its here.

And while I do consider myself a Greek Mathematician, can’t say I know who Achemedis is.

Ezukanma, I still like him. He'll be back. I know he's been written off because he hasn't been on the field much but I think he flashed some skills. I'd be shocked if he wasn't on the roster as a guy making peanuts at the bottom of the roster.

I think someone will pay Ridley good money. Coming off a year off, he was excellent for the Jags.
He could end up being out of our price range and if so, there’s plenty of other good options so I’d definitely hate to see Miami overextend themselves to land him.

Wilson, unlikely, unless he just can't find a job. Maybe he'll get a minimum deal with incentives but highly unlikely its here.

And while I do consider myself a Greek Mathematician, can’t say I know who Achemedis is.

Ezukanma, I still like him. He'll be back. I know he's been written off because he hasn't been on the field much but I think he flashed some skills. I'd be shocked if he wasn't on the roster as a guy making peanuts at the bottom of the roster.
Haha - Achmed - wondering if he’ll be back as depth. W EZukanma - I agree but I guess I’m curious about what ailed him in that led to being on that weird non-football IR thing. Like is his career in jeopardy/ thought the info was sketch on that.

You were being nice when you said doubt, you're absolutely positive. We're set for 2024 with Mostert, Achane and Brooks.
I have my doubts about this...

The draft is not about immediate needs. It's more about the long term. ...and Mostert is NOT a long term answer, frankly I expect regression from him this year.
Brooks is WAY unproven and a UDFA to begin with.
We have exactly one long term RB and he's a small committee back.

RB isn't a want. It's a need.

Now... if we sign a Henry or a Zeke type on a 1-2 year contract, then we can take RB off of our draft list, but not before.

Haha - Achmed - wondering if he’ll be back as depth. W EZukanma - I agree but I guess I’m curious about what ailed him in that led to being on that weird non-football IR thing. Like is his career in jeopardy/ thought the info was sketch on that.
Supposedly, it isnt career threatening... and because it was an old injury, we were forced to use the list he was placed upon.
I think we can probably count on him, though he looks like a WR4 type.

I have my doubts about this...

The draft is not about immediate needs. It's more about the long term. ...and Mostert is NOT a long term answer, frankly I expect regression from him this year.
Brooks is WAY unproven and a UDFA to begin with.
We have exactly one long term RB and he's a small committee back.

RB isn't a want. It's a need.

Now... if we sign a Henry or a Zeke type on a 1-2 year contract, then we can take RB off of our draft list, but not before.

A year after you added two promising rookie RB's, you're not going to turn around and use a hypothetical limited resource on another one because you have an eye for the future.....ESPECIALLY with the most plug and play position in the game.

If you think its possible, great but its not.

We have one LB, no OG's and one of the worst TE situations in the NFL.

Is Chase Claypool a FA?
If not, why dump money on an outside guy when Claypool is in the building already? Unless there's something fundamentally wrong with CC...
As cap strapped as the team is.
Well, he's cursed for one.

1Sv16EQ.png

Jonnu Smith is exactly what we need. I also like the idea of Josh Reynolds.

We need a few guys with size who can run good routes and break tackles. It would be nice if they’re somewhat athletic, too, unlike Ced Wilson who moved in slow motion.
I live in Atlanta and I just heard on the radio here yesterday that they were cutting Jonnu….I like his game, bring him on down….

A year after you added two promising rookie RB's, you're not going to turn around and use a hypothetical limited resource on another one because you have an eye for the future.....ESPECIALLY with the most plug and play position in the game.

If you think its possible, great but its not.

We have one LB, no OG's and one of the worst TE situations in the NFL.
*chuckle*

We added one promising rookie (who is not an every down back, and whose skillset is exactly like the only other decent back that we have)...

...and yes, the draft is ALWAYS about the future. When you start drafting for the 'right now', you've already failed.

Wilson is a likely cap cut. Brooks is a former UDFA who accomplished ZERO during the season, and Mostert is going to be 32 next month.

Yes... we have very little future here.

When I think of Sean McVey's prolific 2019-2020 offenses, I picture wide zone handoffs from under center, and waggles the opposite way, Goff throwing to Josh Reynolds on a crossing route. Bread and Butter. Bread and Bread. Reynolds is 6'3", knows much of our offense, and can be had cheap, probably 2-3 M or less. 'course his best years were a while ago, don't know what he has left at age 29. Worth considering.

Back
Top Bottom