Check out this guys scouting eval of our picks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Check out this guys scouting eval of our picks

You can speculate all you want, but it means nothing as you know nothing about me. As for your reference to Optimum Scouting, I havent even read what they said about Tankersly, nor "thrown it against any walls'. I don't need any analyst's opinions on Tankersly as I am quite sure I have spent more time watching him than any of these guys, including your draft breakdown analyst. I am not saying every play in his career was stellar, but I can tell you it wasn't an issue in the grand scheme of things. He has made many more stellar plays than bonehead plays in his career. I'm pretty sure I can cherry pick plays from almost any player and make him look bad.

Click the link, doctor.

There is no analyst, no commentary on his play, nor handpicked clips. Draft Breakdown is simply footage of every single one of his defensive snaps from his games.

Click the link, doctor.

There is no analyst, no commentary on his play, nor handpicked clips. Draft Breakdown is simply footage of every single one of his defensive snaps from his games.

Done. That's still less than 1/4 of the 30 games he's played the last 2 years, and I've already seen them.

I've seen those videos. The analysis is solid, but the guy's explanation of it makes it hard to listen. Sooooo much attempt to sound hip. He calls Cordrea Tankersley by the wrong name, Gareon Conley, 4 different times ... I mean at that point either re-make the video or re-dub the audio at least. He picks good film and has good descriptions of the action .. but he has no clue what he's looking at when he does the audio, so he wastes a lot of our time trying to be hip. It's a painful video, but his analysis is correct.

His video of Charles Harris (the bottom link) is a little better, but his attempt to sound hip gets really old really fast. Watching two of them back to back is probably about the max most people can take.

Or that's just what his voice sounds like. You know, people tend to have different dictations and annunciation, especially from one culture or background to another.

But then again, I also think Chris Collinsworth is insanely ****ing annoying to listen to, so perhaps it's just preference.

Gotcha. Guess he just doesn't like to tackle since there was nothing to show for either one of them. :D

*That was set up, in case you missed it. [Anxiously awaits snap count argument]

If I may be the mediator for this back and forth, most people who scouted Tankersley said that his tackling effort was suspect or that he wasn't a sound tackler.

You don't necessarily need your CB to tackle like a linebacker, but it would be nice for them to be able to tackle enough to not get dragged for first downs or give up massive plays.

I also don't think it's that he doesn't have the ability to tackle, but he was making "business decisions" in his poor tackling effort.

If I'm a coach and I see a guy not pulling his weight on the field by purposefully half-assing on a tackle, he'll be on the bench. It's lazy and selfish, which are the exact opposite of traits you want from someone on a team. I do hope he comes in and puts that concern to bed by having willingness to make a common ****ing football play.

Back
Top Bottom