Chiefs & Dolphins have had talks regarding Branden Albert | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chiefs & Dolphins have had talks regarding Branden Albert

well the other day i said that i was hearing kc wanted a 2nd rounder and a mid round conditional pick...a 4th rounder is what i was hearing...but i also heard teams who inquired have not liked the price...i heard 3 teams actually inquired but i didn't get who...i'm sure we were one...

but yeah kc is holding out at this point...price may come down as we get closer to the draft...i've also heard that the only reason he's on the market is cause he has salary demands that kc feels are too high...

so obviously that is something to worry about if he is traded for...just how ballooned a contract are we talking about here...cause they won't trade for him without an extension worked out...

Not for nothing but this also doesn't answer the question of what you think is a fair deal. What would you trade for him?

This is Ireland trying to have his cake and eat it too....

Junk answer my ass. Show me the team besides us that's interested in even talking trade for him. You won't find one. They screwed up giving him the franchise tag and have to be kicking themselves they found someone out there dumb enough to even keep talking to them seriously about this.

And as for Eric Winston the guy hasn't missed a game for six years. Meanwhile the guy we should trade picks for and give big money to has missed six games in the last three? WTF?

I'll tell you why we didn't sign Bushrod. It's because we thought we were going to get Long back, is why. They held out hope until the last second. So then he (rightly, for him) told us to **** off so now we're left holding the ****bag trying to talk ourselves into trading a 3rd for Brandon Albert and give him the same money Chicago played to an equivalent player in Bushrod.

They ****ed up, plain and simple. Put all their eggs in one broken basket. I don't have to sit here and hope they compound their mistake and **** up some more just because I'm that worried about Ryan Tannehill ending up a broke dick dog. As I said in the other thread, Andrew Luck made it through his rookie year with Anthony Castonzo and Winston Justice as his tackles. Last I checked he's not dead.

well anyone could say what team was going to give ellerbee 7 mill besides us , or who did we outbid for Wallace. I mean who really knows

I wouldnt be mad if we traded for him. The differences between him and Long is Injuries and Albert is a much better fit. As for the money, i'm not really a big fan of that.

I would wait and see if Lane Johnson falls in the first and if he doesn't then draft Rhodes/Cooper/Eifert/Austin/Trufant then call up KC and give them a second that night.

well anyone could say what team was going to give ellerbee 7 mill besides us , or who did we outbid for Wallace. I mean who really knows

I was told with reasonable certainty by someone I trust that there was a team that gave Wallace a VERY similar offer to ours. He couldn't say with certainty but considering Minnesota's signing of Greg Jennings, I'd wager it was them.

I curse constantly. Inebriated, sober, when I'm sleeping. All the time. But this kind of misapplication of resources is the kind of thing that really sets me off. The smart teams in the league are ahead of the game, anticipating trends and moving while there's still value in the scheme or the type of player who's becoming valuable but hasn't yet (like the Patriots and their tight ends). Why do we have to be the team that's the last one to get it's head out of it's ass on this kind of stuff? Most of the league has wised up and moved on yet there we are on the phone just waiting to get teabagged by Andy Reid... again.

The Chiefs are going to be kicking themselves if for whatever reason we don't belly up to the bar for Albert and they're left paying him franchise tag money to play right tackle (which he's come out publicly to say he doesn't want to do -- classy) or having your #1 overall pick offensive lineman line up on the right side for one year because goodness knows guys taken that high to play tackle usually do that. They'll look like idiots.

Or maybe they won't take an offensive lineman that high and will just settle for paying the guy what he wants to be injured and not that good. You never know. All I know is I want it to be their problem, not ours.

well the chiefs did trade for alex smith so they can't be but so smart...

Not for nothing but this also doesn't answer the question of what you think is a fair deal. What would you trade for him?

i'd trade a 3rd round pick in a second for him...i'd probably also be willing to go to pick #56 and a late rounder in 2014...the compensation piece at that price doesn't deter me...but you add in the compensation to the player and that's where i get a little iffy...i have zero interest in paying him $9 mil per...i think i'd be ok with $7.5 mil though given the market and the position...

i'm not so sure i trust the idea of jonathon martin on the left side at this point...i don't know...what i do know though is you're gonna be hard pressed to find a tackle in the late 2nd or early 3rd that grades out as a better prospect and pro future than alberts...

and i do like alberts position versatility...

at the same time though if i'm kc i'm in no hurry...i would be holding out for my price at this stage exactly like they are...don't blame em for that at all...one other thing though that price is not overpaying for a starting solid nfl left tackle...not in todays market...yeah it's a bit more than bushrod but bushrod doesn't offer the position versatility albert does...so i think that has to be taken into consideration...and vollmers medical is more dicey than alberts going forward and he still pulled close to $7 mil per to play the RIGHT tackle...

When are we going to stop drafting OL in Rd 1 and paying $7-9M per year for them? You would think with all the high draft picks in Rd 1 and 2 that we have used that we would have an all pro line. It wasnt anything special last year. Teams like Indy, NE, etc pick guys in rds 3-6 and do just fine. I blame the scouts and guys like Sparano who coached OL and should know talent to fit his system.

We need to avoid trading a high pick and paying 7-8M per year and draft playmakers. Tanny is athletic enough to avoid the rush. Please use our picks on CB, DE, or BPA and not trade them away for a guy whos career is half done.

and if we sign winston i hope you don't choke on your pizza when you watch him...that would be my concern...it won't be long with that guy...

Good point per CK regarding Winston:

ckparrothead said:
2. Eric Winston has been cut now by 2 teams within a 12 month span. Both times he had multiple years remaining under contract, and both times he was being paid only about $5 million a year. Why? If the Dolphins are going to sign him, it's believed they'll have to pay that same $5 million a year. Why is it neither of the other teams (both of whom run zone) wants him? Why were they both SO EAGER to get rid of him that they swallowed bonus money that they'd already paid him in order to get rid of him?

I'd probably just prefer they draft another 2nd or 3rd round tackle then sign Winston.

I'd probably just prefer they draft another 2nd or 3rd round tackle then sign Winston.

yeah i think cks right...why would kc pay him over $8 mil for one year including his signing bonus and then cut weight so quick...probably cause they see the writing on the wall

Signing any Linemen 29-33 (OL or DL) with emerging back problem cause missed games, is non-starter disaster waiting to happen.

Winston hasn't missed a game in six years, though. If someone's going to make a guess that this is the year he falls off a cliff then okay, but there's not much to base it on.

You will probably get one more good year out of Winston... at the very least. I would imagine that he will be a decent RT for 2 years.

If Philbin likes Yeatman as much as the beat guys say he does then that would give them another full season to get him ready to step up to RT the next year.... just something worth considering.

Truely don't understand why you would trade for this guy when Winston is staring at you waiting for someone to hand him a pen. Just sayin...

Back
Top Bottom