**Chiefs/Packers Game Watch | Page 42 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Chiefs/Packers Game Watch

Honestly tho, if miami doesn't get no 1 seed, jax would be the least of an issue imo compared to chiefs or ravens being no 1 seed. That's why it's hard for me to root for ravens winning because if miami can't get no 1 seed, I'd rather jax get it than chiefs or ravens. The challenge playing away is not just the teams, but home fans and weather conditions. Baltimore and kc can be cold and/or snowy. Jacksonville is in florida so not a weather advantage for jaguars vs miami.

If there's a "home away" game for miami, you couldn't have one more than this. I don't think jag fans are die hard either with a 90s expansion team and in duvall. I could definitely see a ton of miami fans filling out that stadium too. So weather plus fan base. So for me, if miami can't get no 1, I think number 2 seed is huge as it sets up miami to have home field for playoffs should no 1 seed be upset in playoffs. If jags had no 1 and miami no 2. Miami would have 2 home games if miami wins wc. And florida weather as explained if jags get no 1 and miami plays them conference championship or if jags get upset then that team plays at miami
If Miami doesn't get the 1 seed, sure Jax would be the least daunting place to go and win. That being said, let's get the #1 seed if we can. The only team that gets a bye and homefield guaranteed.

No, you make sense. We have kind of a brutal schedule. Aside from the MNF game, I won't be surprised about any losses. Yeah, the jests suck, but division games are a different animal.
Good thing is second time vs jets is home game for miami. Miami has been quite good playing home and miami already stomped them at ny. But yeah cowboys ravens and even bills will be tough for last group of games coming up

Well……. We played the Skins today
I don’t think you’re getting the point
We manhandle these bad teams and we do it well
We play good teams and we make mistakes, turn the ball over and play sloppy ball
When are we gonna play like we did today against a good team? Hasn’t happened yet
Don’t get me wrong, I’m enjoying the season, but I’m cautious optimistic because the Fins haven’t proved anything yet
I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying. The won/loss isn't what matters to me. The mistakes only matter to me depending on the kinds of mistakes they are. I don't just count the number of TOs, penalties, whatever and assume they are all equal. Are they likely to be repeated? Are they due to talent limitations? Luck? Is it the same read mistake? Was it a fluke? When I watched the film of the KC/Miami game I came away feeling Miami was the better team afterwards, seperated from the emotion of the game. I didn't see the mistakes as likely to be repeated. That was the proof I needed. Whether we win the next game or not isn't the question. I know we can compete with them.

I think my 2020 quarterback rankings in the Draft Forum were

1) Burrow
2) Tua
3) Love
4) Herbert

That doesn't have to turn out correct but I doubt it will be too far off. Love in short stint has already caught up to the 7.0 YPA level that Herbert has established as his norm.

I'm still trying to figure out how a 7.0 guy like Herbert earned commercials and raves, and a 6.6 guy like Daniel Jones earned a second contract

I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying. The won/loss isn't what matters to me. The mistakes only matter to me depending on the kinds of mistakes they are. I don't just count the number of TOs, penalties, whatever and assume they are all equal. Are they likely to be repeated? Are they due to talent limitations? Luck? Is it the same read mistake? Was it a fluke? When I watched the film of the KC/Miami game I came away feeling Miami was the better team afterwards, seperated from the emotion of the game. I didn't see the mistakes as likely to be repeated. That was the proof I needed. Whether we win the next game or not isn't the question. I know we can compete with them.
The game was 21-0 at halftime. As I've long emphasized, margin like that makes subjective evaluation not nearly as valuable or relevant as a stepladder game. The second half doesn't contain anything resembling equal ferocity or motivation from both sides. That's why it's very typical for a second half rally to receive far greater plaudits than true value. It's the same reason the Dolphins were favored during the second half of that game, and NFL trailing teams of that type are favored on the halftime line yet still exceed expectation more often than not.

Regardless, the outcome of that game means I would prefer not to play at Kansas City in the playoffs. The Chiefs would own considerable early game energy advantage via FAR, or Fury of Anti-Revenge.

Chris Collinsworth is SOOOO ANNOYING>..

Him and his clone son. Nepotism at it’s finest.

Why NBC continues to allow that guy to sit in front of a camera and talk throughout these games is one of life’s mysteries.

Primetime slot and an expensive seat to fill and he’s who they believe is best for the role?

In a much better universe, they’d take Tirico and Collinsworth and stick them in Siberia announcing the Thursday night Amazon games most forget is even on most weeks and give Al Michaels and Kirk Herbstreit the SNF gig. Or Kevin Harlan or Gus Johnson.

I fell asleep at the 2 minute warning, holy **** did I miss a lot.

Got the replay on NFLN right now.

ALRIGHT MIAMI !!!!!

I'm glad KC lost but really we don’t even know what that will mean in the end....as of right NOW, we'd have the bye but the following week we'd play KC at home. While the game is at home you can never count KC out......the best thing after the top seed is you get a week to rest and heal and you only need to win two games at home to make it to the SB but one game at a time and lest hope Jax doesn’t win tonight

I think my 2020 quarterback rankings in the Draft Forum were

1) Burrow
2) Tua
3) Love
4) Herbert

That doesn't have to turn out correct but I doubt it will be too far off. Love in short stint has already caught up to the 7.0 YPA level that Herbert has established as his norm.

I'm still trying to figure out how a 7.0 guy like Herbert earned commercials and raves, and a 6.6 guy like Daniel Jones earned a second contract
He's a good looking kid in a major media market. It makes sense.

The Daniel Jones one though... That's a bit tougher. Showed flashes to try and build around, not worth pursuing others, bad draft position?

Absolutely we want the Bills to win.

If for no other reason, that would still allow Miami to lose to Baltimore and still be ahead of the Chiefs in seeding.
Absolutely I do not want the Bills to win. If the Bills make it into the playoffs, they would be the toughest opponent with the best QB Miami could face coming out of a wildcard spot. I want them completely eliminated. They are the type of team with the type of QB that could go on the road and beat any team in the league. They can end your season in the first playoff game. Who would you rather see Miami play? Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Denver, Indianapolis. Or Buffalo? It’s not even close for me.

Back
Top Bottom