**Chiefs/Packers Game Watch | Page 41 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Chiefs/Packers Game Watch

JAX plays BAL the week before we do. That's a loss for one of them.

But other than BAL and maybe CLE, JAX has a pretty easy schedule. CIN, TB and CAR
1 Jax loss from Miami controlling its destiny to get homefield throughout the playoffs in December. Haven't seen this in over 30 years now and as a lifelong Dolphin fan, well overdue. Go FINS!!!!

Looks like we'll be rooting for the Ravens when they travel to Jacksonville. That could potentially give us the #1 seed.

1 Jax loss from Miami controlling its destiny to get homefield throughout the playoffs in December. Haven't seen this in over 30 years now and as a lifelong Dolphin fan, well overdue. Go FINS!!!!
Honestly tho, if miami doesn't get no 1 seed, jax would be the least of an issue imo compared to chiefs or ravens being no 1 seed. That's why it's hard for me to root for ravens winning because if miami can't get no 1 seed, I'd rather jax get it than chiefs or ravens. The challenge playing away is not just the teams, but home fans and weather conditions. Baltimore and kc can be cold and/or snowy. Jacksonville is in florida so not a weather advantage for jaguars vs miami.

If there's a "home away" game for miami, you couldn't have one more than this. I don't think jag fans are die hard either with a 90s expansion team and in duvall. I could definitely see a ton of miami fans filling out that stadium too. So weather plus fan base. So for me, if miami can't get no 1, I think number 2 seed is huge as it sets up miami to have home field for playoffs should no 1 seed be upset in playoffs. If jags had no 1 and miami no 2. Miami would have 2 home games if miami wins wc. And florida weather as explained if jags get no 1 and miami plays them conference championship or if jags get upset then that team plays at miami

Honestly tho, if miami doesn't get no 1 seed, jax would be the least of an issue imo compared to chiefs or ravens being no 1 seed. That's why it's hard for me to root for ravens winning because if miami can't get no 1 seed, I'd rather jax get it than chiefs or ravens. The challenge playing away is not just the teams, but home fans and weather conditions. Baltimore and kc can be cold and/or snowy. Jacksonville is in florida so not a weather advantage for jaguars vs miami.

If there's a "home away" game for miami, you couldn't have one more than this. I don't think jag fans are die hard either with a 90s expansion team and in duvall. I could definitely see a ton of miami fans filling out that stadium too. So weather plus fan base. So for me, if miami can't get no 1, I think number 2 seed is huge as it sets up miami to have home field for playoffs should no 1 seed be upset in playoffs. If jags had no 1 and miami no 2. Miami would have 2 home games if miami wins wc. And florida weather as explained if jags get no 1 and miami plays them conference championship or if jags get upset then that team plays at miami
At this point, if Miami can somehow get the #1 seed, they'll have earned it. Jax's schedule is pretty cushy, so is KC's, both of which only have 1 tough'ish game left. Ravens' schedule is a bit tougher, so is Miami's. Unless we get a miracle gift somewhere down the line, for a few teams, we'd need to win out to secure it, and that's if Jax loses one.

At this point, if Miami can somehow get the #1 seed, they'll have earned it. Jax's schedule is pretty cushy, so is KC's, both of which only have 1 tough'ish game left. Ravens' schedule is a bit tougher, so is Miami's. Unless we get a miracle gift somewhere down the line, for a few teams, we'd need to win out to secure it, and that's if Jax loses one.
The saving grace is that most of JAX's remaining games are AFC opponents, so if they do lose a couple, their tiebreaker tanks.

Edit: I guess most of ours are AFC too though.

Yeah it is very tough for miami which is why I'd rather jags get no 1 seed over chiefs for reason I explained. But if that's the case then no 2 seed would be very important for miami to get, as I explained also. The odds of miami getting no 1 seed just seem very tough to me as much as I want it. But no 2 seed might not be that bad if jags get no 1

The saving grace is that most of JAX's remaining games are AFC opponents, so if they do lose a couple, their tiebreaker tanks.

Edit: I guess most of ours are AFC too though.
I just don't see miami winning out so I rather jaguars not lose too much which allows chiefs to get no 1 tho. If a team gets no 1 over miami out of choices I rather is jags. There wouldn't be a weather advantage for miami to play at jacksonville right? It's a florida team and warm weather team unlike baltimore and kc. Plus I could see just as many miami fans at jags stadium too

Yeah it is very tough for miami which is why I'd rather jags get no 1 seed over chiefs for reason I explained. But if that's the case then no 2 seed would be very important for miami to get, as I explained also. The odds of miami getting no 1 seed just seem very tough to me as much as I want it. But no 2 seed might not be that bad if jags get no 1
We're headed for a stretch run the likes we haven't seen in quite some time...I'm ready!

P.S. Need the Ravens and Browns to beat those pesky Jags.

I just don't see miami winning out so I rather jaguars not lose too much which allows chiefs to get no 1 tho. If a team gets no 1 over miami out of choices I rather is jags. There wouldn't be a weather advantage for miami to play at jacksonville right? It's a florida team and warm weather team unlike baltimore and kc. Plus I could see just as many miami fans at jags stadium too
No, you make sense. We have kind of a brutal schedule. Aside from the MNF game, I won't be surprised about any losses. Yeah, the jests suck, but division games are a different animal.

No, you make sense. We have kind of a brutal schedule. Aside from the MNF game, I won't be surprised about any losses. Yeah, the jests suck, but division games are a different animal.
I would be happy just splitting with cowboys and ravens games. I'd like both wins but it's hard for me to see miami beating both cowboys and ravens. I'd see winning one but losing the other. I hope miami wins one atleast tho and not lose both which is a decent possibility also.

Back
Top Bottom