Chiefs Release OT Marcus Spears | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chiefs Release OT Marcus Spears

I'm all for bringing in one or two more veteran OLmen and with the Ogun tender lowered we have 1.4 million more in cap space. How about Spears and bring back Nails..... It sure would ease my mind!!!

AggieFin21 said:
I wouldn't mind bringing him in for a look but at some point we have to say Ok enough, these our are linemen. If we want our O-line to gel then we need to let them work together, get to know each other and their tendances, how each one plays in a certain situation. I dont think that will happen if we just keep on bringing in new players hoping they will be better than what we already have.

I totally agree Aggie. But, we can't pass up someone who can help. I think by the 1st of July we better stick with who we got. Then send them on a cruise together or a mini game of survivor

I'm all for bringing in one or two more veteran OLmen and with the Ogun tender lowered we have 1.4 million more in cap space. How about Spears and bring back Nails..... It sure would ease my mind!!!

That $1.4 million should be reserved either to get Ogun under long-term contract, or to buy a replacement for him in free agency (maybe Joe Johnson has SOMETHING left in the tank who knows...)

I think Greg Jerman has really surprised some people with the kind of shape he's come back in. I think he could be a servicible guard this year. As for RT...to me its Carey or bust. He had better win that job in training camp when the pads come on...because St Clair is a liability, and McIntosh is out half the year and may have a tough time transitioning to RT from LT halfway through the season.

ckparrothead said:
That $1.4 million should be reserved either to get Ogun under long-term contract, or to buy a replacement for him in free agency (maybe Joe Johnson has SOMETHING left in the tank who knows...)

I think Greg Jerman has really surprised some people with the kind of shape he's come back in. I think he could be a servicible guard this year. As for RT...to me its Carey or bust. He had better win that job in training camp when the pads come on...because St Clair is a liability, and McIntosh is out half the year and may have a tough time transitioning to RT from LT halfway through the season.

Greg Jerman was more than servicable last year at guard. I'm excited to see what kind of a player he is going to be this year. I re-watched the Sunday Night game he started, he has good technique, but where he got hurt was his strength. He got pushed around a little bit on the interior by Arrington and the larger D-linemen, but other than that he has good potential. I'm excited to see how he plays and if he eventually starts for us this year.

Greg Jerman was more than servicable last year at guard. I'm excited to see what kind of a player he is going to be this year. I re-watched the Sunday Night game he started, he has good technique, but where he got hurt was his strength. He got pushed around a little bit on the interior by Arrington and the larger D-linemen, but other than that he has good potential. I'm excited to see how he plays and if he eventually starts for us this year.

We won't really find out about that strength stuff until the pads come on. As Bua says, you can run around without pads and everyone looks like they can play. You gotta strap those pads on, hit someone, then show everyone you really came to play.

This guy was drafted by Wanny, wasn´t him. If that´s the case I don´t him on this team

At 32 years old and only one season as a starter, Spears just doesn't fit into the youth movement of the offensive line. Bad fundamentals at 32? Can you really teach this dog new tricks?

We definitely need to sign Spears. Have you heard what they have been saying about our o-line in the camps report?? We can't afford not to at least try to upgrade a little. I guess we'll keep our fingers crossed and see what happens

from fanball.com:
OT Spears released
The News
The Chiefs have released offensive tackle Marcus Spears, who joined the team as a free agent in 1997. "When we finished up our minicamp and our OTA sessions, we really felt that we had a number of very good young offensive linemen to develop," coach Dick Vermeil said in a statement on the Chiefs' website.
Our View
Spears was one of the veterans who was supposed to help the team offset the loss of Pro-Bowl tackle John Tait, but apparently the Chiefs aren't concerned about filling that void. More than a few teamsâ€â€are you listening Chargers?â€â€could use Spears' size and experience.
sounds good to me, as we all know, you can NEVER have enough Oline depth.

and just think of all the Britney jokes we could tell! 'False start, Miami, 10 yard penalty, repeat 2nd down' .....oops he did it again!!!!

Fins2theend said:

i wish we could bring back nails

Jamie Nails -----> :fatman:

Quick!! Name our backup LT.

Look into Spears.

Back
Top Bottom