Chris Mortensen Chat | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Mortensen Chat

lauderdale

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Chat

David, Tallahassee, FL: Mort - Why don't the Cowboys trade Eddie George to Miami for some draft picks? George is on the downside of his career and Miami is almost certain to overpay because they are desperate.

Chris Mortensen: (12:11 PM ET ) I think Parcells believes this Cowboys team will be better than last year and George is a part of that. Parcells has giotten a lot of milege out of backs who were on"the downside of their careers" like Ottis Anderson, Keither Byars and Richie Anderson. Geroeg also takes the pressure off Julius Jones, who they think will be a good one. The Dolphins will get a back....besides, the Cowboys picked up an extra no. 1 pick in '05 in this past draft (from Buffalo).

Scott, MN: VIKES! Will Onterrio Smith be going to Miami?

Chris Mortensen: (12:18 PM ET ) I think the Vikings are inclined to keep all RBs on deck at least until the end of camp. The key is Moe Williams - he has to prove his knee is stable and strong. Otherwise, the Vikes certainly are among the teams the Dolphins would look at in terms of acquiring an RB.

Jim : Dallas, TX: Mort- Are there no HOT rumors on who Miami will trade for at RB? Will they stand pat and hope the the Edge next year?

Chris Mortensen: (12:45 PM ET ) Not "hot" rumors, but the names I've heard are: Larry Johnson (KC), Anthony Thomas (Chi), Onterrio Smith (Vikes) and even a longshot deal for Shaun Alexander (Seattle).... but, again, there's nothing "hot" right now. I do think Edgerrin James will be a Dolphin or a Buc next year. That's NEXT year, not this year. The Dolphins need to address the RB spot this year.

Cool...

S. Alexander!!!! :eek:

Talk about a long shot??? That one just blind sided me hard....

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

Yea, Alexander is in the last year of his contract. It's still not going to happen though.

Wow I haven't even heard anything about Shaun Alexander....I'm sure we'd be giving up wale and a pick. Otherwise it's not even in the Seahawks to get rid of that guy.

As much as I would love to have alexander here... there is NO way it happens. Not when Seattle still has hopes of a deep playoff run.

Anthony3454 said:
Yea, Alexander is in the last year of his contract. It's still not going to happen though.

Be careful there, we said the same thing about Ricky two years ago....

PHINZ RULE!!! :eek:

Shaun????

first off forget about EDGE, he hasen't been the same since his injury, plain and simple. Second if there was any way to bring ALEXANDER here this year it should be done. Be realistic DOLFANS, there will be no superbowl without a proven RB. The talent is here now, we need to do it now. NEXT YEAR souldn't be in our vocabulary...GO FINS!!!!!

They need to address the RB spot!!!!!

TRUE

You want to rush out and get alexander so wanny can run him 400 times and make our O just as predictable as ever?

Meatwad said:
You want to rush out and get alexander so wanny can run him 400 times and make our O just as predictable as ever?

Well, he's gonna do that no matter who the back is, so it may as well be somebody talented.

TPD1479 said:
first off forget about EDGE, he hasen't been the same since his injury, plain and simple. Second if there was any way to bring ALEXANDER here this year it should be done. Be realistic DOLFANS, there will be no superbowl without a proven RB. The talent is here now, we need to do it now. NEXT YEAR souldn't be in our vocabulary...GO FINS!!!!!
Edge not the same? Almost 1300 yds. 11 tds. avg. 4.1 and another 300 yds. receiving and Edge isn't worth it? You're mistaken my friend. Edge is still a top back in this league and we'd be highly inclined to go after him next year in FA.

Alexander would make even the saddest of Miami fans wet their pants in joy but facts are facts and it just ain't gonna happen. The only glimmer of hope would be to offer up O-Gun, Madison, a 1st rd. and a few other picks to Seattle for him and I fear even that wouldn't make the Hawks do much more than laugh. Forget about him in FA too, the Hawks would slap a franchise tag on him so fast, it would make our head spin...

AggieFin21 said:
Edge not the same? Almost 1300 yds. 11 tds. avg. 4.1 and another 300 yds. receiving and Edge isn't worth it? You're mistaken my friend. Edge is still a top back in this league and we'd be highly inclined to go after him next year in FA.

Alexander would make even the saddest of Miami fans wet their pants in joy but facts are facts and it just ain't gonna happen. The only glimmer of hope would be to offer up O-Gun, Madison, a 1st rd. and a few other picks to Seattle for him and I fear even that wouldn't make the Hawks do much more than laugh. Forget about him in FA too, the Hawks would slap a franchise tag on him so fast, it would make our head spin...
We didn't give up that much for Ricky, why would Alexander be worth that much?

Back
Top Bottom