Chris Mortensen Chat | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Mortensen Chat

TPD1479 said:
first off forget about EDGE, he hasen't been the same since his injury, plain and simple. Second if there was any way to bring ALEXANDER here this year it should be done. Be realistic DOLFANS, there will be no superbowl without a proven RB. The talent is here now, we need to do it now. NEXT YEAR souldn't be in our vocabulary...GO FINS!!!!!
im sorry but that was just a stupid comment....no Superbowl with a proven runningback.....think back to the Pats for BOTH times in the past three years...antwain smith is proven but sucks!!!! minor might not be proven but i will guarantee he will be better than smith:D

Edge is still a quality back, and of course he wasnt the same back as his first years, cuz he was still feeling the effects of the injury. Hell be awesome this year, trust me. Shaun Alexander isnt even an option, no1 get there hopes up. And the comment about proven RB's are needed for a SB was juts dumb. Its been said why above.

Edge wears Aqua and Orange next year. It's THIS year I'm worried about.

Meatwad said:
We didn't give up that much for Ricky, why would Alexander be worth that much?
so 2 first round picks are not much?? i guess 4 would have been steep a?

tenndolfan said:
so 2 first round picks are not much?? i guess 4 would have been steep a?
You read my post the wrong way. The other poster said if we gave seattle ogun, madison, a first rounder, and a few other picks, they still wouldn't trade.

You guys actually believe Mort heard this info from credible sources? His source is probably RIGHT HERE! This is more speculation than anything else.

Miami isn't going to broadcast to some ESPN announcer their strategy or plans for the RB position...lets get real people!! Damn! :rolleyes:

Dolfan73 said:
Wow I haven't even heard anything about Shaun Alexander....I'm sure we'd be giving up wale and a pick. Otherwise it's not even in the Seahawks to get rid of that guy.

Ditto ....
:D

Except for giving up Ogunn !

Marino1983

Superself said:
You guys actually believe Mort heard this info from credible sources? His source is probably RIGHT HERE! This is more speculation than anything else.

Miami isn't going to broadcast to some ESPN announcer their strategy or plans for the RB position...lets get real people!! Damn! :rolleyes:

While the Dolphins probably would not give up their strategy towards the RB, Mort is not a bad source of information. I believe I remember back in the old days when Marino was in the front office, Mort came on to SC and made a little announcement that Marino was not feeling his new job, and was looking for outs.

I came on this forum hoping that it wasnt true and found very reassuring words from you guys and gals saying Mort is full of crap, he doesnt know what hes talking about.

Every one knows that a couple days later Marino was gone.

Just my perception of Mort's credibility.

We only lost two 1st rounders for Pricky Williams,Thats not too much huh? Good thing your not our coach.Plus NFL should investigate this whole Haslett knew he was going to retire before trade was made and make the saints give us their 1st rounder next season.Wannstedt needs to go do a couple of bongs with Pricky & retire early too,his trades have ****ed this team up for five more years

Does Seattle need a pretty good DE?

Its a longshot but I think a trade for Alexander could happen.

Meatwad said:
You read my post the wrong way. The other poster said if we gave seattle ogun, madison, a first rounder, and a few other picks, they still wouldn't trade.
my apoligies so sorry grasshopper. :D

Shaun Alexander doesn't sound possible. The Seattle FO isnt as nuts as New Orleans was so there's a difference. I just dont want our team to sign a guy when it's too late. Whoever is the RB, Minor included, needs to be in camp ASAP.

Well, if they don't sign Walter Jones to a FA contract this year then they would have to decide if they want Jones or Alexander.

I'll tell you one thing, Miami would be standing there with a smile a mile wide to get either one of those guys.

Walter Jones = Second best LT in the game.

Edge and Jones next year? Prob not unlesswe let O-Gun go, but I'd be ok with that for Jones and Edge.

Meatwad said:
We didn't give up that much for Ricky, why would Alexander be worth that much?

b/c the saints had another back they thought was just as good and knew Ricky was a head case that was hurting their team. RW had not put up great numbers in N.O. and so it was a buyers market. In Shawns case it would be a sellers market b/c they know we need a big time back to handle the work load in Wannys system.
The good news is this should be the last year for Wanny, so just suffer through this season and look forward to Edge being here next year with a real coach coming in also. Anyone would be better than Dave.

Back
Top Bottom