Christian Ponder's arm strength center stage at Florida State's pro day | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Christian Ponder's arm strength center stage at Florida State's pro day

It's not unusual for talentless (from a QB perspective) individuals to be able to throw the football large distances. O.J. McDuffie once bet Dan Marino he could throw the ball 80 yards and Dan (who could get it maybe 60 to 65 yards with the wind at his back) took that bet. They marched back onto the field from the locker room, McDuffie had a little wind at his back but he made it 80+ yards and won the bet. McDuffie's never been accused of being a quarterback prospect.

That said, when people scoff at the idea of throwing 50 yards or 60-65 yards and the skill it takes for a QB to throw those distances with accuracy, they're mostly just being ignorant.

[video=youtube;B-Jar435rnc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Jar435rnc[/video]
Its too bad he has such a ****ty arm

Nice find of that video. That's one of the more impressive throws you'll ever see any quarterback make at any level, and if anyone doesn't think so then they're kidding themselves. That ball goes 55 yards through the air, and he threw it at a run, while jumping, going across his body.

If you want to know what Ponder's arm is like when healthy, just watch that video.

[video=youtube;B-Jar435rnc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Jar435rnc[/video]
Its too bad he has such a ****ty arm
Not only is it difficult to throw a ball 50+ yards accurately, having to get your shoulders squared on the run to the left makes it even that much more spectacular of a throw for a right hander.

I'd love Ponder or Mallet in Miami.

Nice find of that video. That's one of the more impressive throws you'll ever see any quarterback make at any level, and if anyone doesn't think so then they're kidding themselves. That ball goes 55 yards through the air, and he threw it at a run, while jumping, going across his body.

If you want to know what Ponder's arm is like when healthy, just watch that video.
Exactly. If you ever ask a QB to do more than CP did on that play then you're insane. How many guys with his athleticism would still be looking downfield at that point? That guy that he outran to the sidelines was George Selvie, who was leading the nation in sacks at that point if I remember correctly. Maybe I have my years mixed up but either way the guy was a two-time all american.

Last edited by a moderator:
that was an unreal play he made there..most would have stepped out of bounds..he is gutsy, and FSU runs a pro-style offense...CP is going to be moving up the draft boards, someone needs to put some drug-use rumors out there quick!

Back
Top Bottom