CK on NFL Network tonite 6pm | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CK on NFL Network tonite 6pm

Off the record. Nice work CK great way to shut him down with your last comment, made him look like an ***

Congrats CK!!!! Great to see an FH regular getting some much needed pub and appreciation.

I just watched the video. Nice job keeping your cool CK. Paul clearly tried to ambush you. I used to work as an administrator in the records division of a law enforcement agency and there are a lot of things regarding an individual's drug/alcohol use/DUIs that are not available to the public. I am sure that Mallett's agent probably has made sure that his client's records were and are sealed. It would be nice to know whether Mallett just had the one incident for "public intoxication," or whether there were other incidents indicating heavier drug use. I think most college students are going to drink and use pot....but hopefully Mallett hasn't indulged in Meth or Cocaine. Paul, the interviewer, has to realize that GM's are probably going to try and cast Mallett in a bad light in the hope that Mallett might drop down to them later in the first round or in round two. I think Todd McShay had Mallet going at #42 in his latest projections. I think if the Dolphins have done their due dilligence, and believe he is our future franchise QB, that they fill out the card with his name at #15. Great job as usual.

Apparently someone remembered to tell her!

2vmukwh-1.jpg

Vaark, you're ****ing amazing. That picture makes me so unbelievably, inexplicably, unreasonably happy.

Great work CK, couldn't have handled that better. Kept composed when alot of people would have wilted in that situation.

As for Burmeister, considering what has been put out in the general public about Mallett, I dont blame him asking his first question about how you guys are going against the grain to everybody else, but at the end he just became petty and overally aggressive for no real reason other than you disagreed to what NFLN have been putting out.

You guys are all very awesome. I'm glad to see such support. I'm a little surprised to see such strong anti-Burmeisterism given that I've tried to be very careful on this board not to give away what my real thoughts were on how the interview went down.

Basically, what you guys noticed is what I noticed...at no time in any of the previous Path to the Draft interviews did I see anything like what Burmeister dished me in our interview. I had zero warning, zero reason to suspect. The producer emailed me about 15 minutes before taping with a "heads up" that Burmeister wanted to discuss what GMs and scouts I spoke to in order to come to the conclusions we did. Unfortunately, this meant he didn't REALLY read our piece...just perused it. If he read the piece thoroughly he'd have known we consulted no scouts or GMs and aimed to do our piece independently. So about 15 minutes before taping is the first time I had ANY indication that this was not going to be your usual interview where the host just tees up a topic and lets you talk about it.

Trust me, they edited out A LOT. They edited out more than half of his douchebaggerish questions and comments. He interrupted me constantly, you really only saw that in the final piece maybe one time. At one point he just flat out tried to poke a hole in my argument rather than talking about the article. He finished up by isolating a certain sentence of obvious hyperbole in the article, making sure to isolate it away from the VERY NEXT sentence where Simon said we can't comment on drugs because we don't know, and Burmeister said "when I read this, to me you guys lose credibility". He went after us...hard.

Points that got left out in ediiting:

1. Buddy Nix' quote about how this time of year there's a general acceptance that you're going to lie and that only 10% of what you see out there is really true
2. Example of Vontae Davis, how scouts said about him that he's "a real jerk", "looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane" and one scout even accusing him of cheating on the wonderlic
3. How Ron Zook went 100% to bat for Vontae Davis, how that ended up being a predictor of his REAL character as opposed to those false quotes, and how Ryan Mallett has the 100% backing of Bobby Petrino
4. The examples of Ben Roethlisberger representing his team in the Super Bowl the same year he served a suspension, and convicted felon Mike Vick leading his team to the playoffs and getting congratulatory phone calls from President Obama

Those were all points I brought up in our debate, but they got left out. Overall I think it was a fair edit job. They still made me look good, just cut down on time.

Terrific job CK, wish they had aired more of it.

No doubt, Burmeister was in full douchenozzle mode....I was waiting/hoping he would say to you "Surely, you can't be serious"......and you'd respond - "I am serious....And stop calling me Shirley!" ("Airplane"..Leslie Nielsen....anyone???).

Now...please put in an application to Showtime/Inside The NFL where hopefully you'll replace Warren Sapp on the panel!

Dude was definitely moving douchily. Don't really understand the necessity of it, other than feeling self-important.

Dude was definitely moving douchily. Don't really understand the necessity of it, other than feeling self-important.

I agree with you, he really didn't discuss Mallet as much as tried to make CK looked bad and not an insider.
I still laugh at CK's comment on off the record being on the record at NFL Network.
CK you really handled your **** well, the editing was fair considering they could have made you look like an idiot

What seems to be missing here is Mallett's own admission to teams of drug use during his draft interview process!!! I actually believe that without the power or connections of the NFL it would be almost impossible to find out what NFL teams know about players or prospects!!! I can assure you, that the NFL has ways of doing more in-dept investigating, than the normal person ... While i agree teams will use certain information to their advantage in order to increase their chances of getting a player/prospect that they ordinarily wouldn't have a chance to ... Overall, I thought CK did a great job of holding his own, with the information he and the others were able to uncover, during their investigation of Mallett ... It's unfortunate that NFLN, took the stance of trying to discredit CK through Bermeister!!! but again, there are ways to find out things about people through back channels and other investigation techniques ... techniques perhaps Finheaven Bloggers aren't privileged too!!! I am on the fence about Mallett, and would prefer the Dolphins to skip him in the 1st round ... but lets say in a scenario, that Miami trades down, and was able to grab Mallett in the 2nd round .. I'm all for it!!! too much risk, in round #1; just for a guy, that MAY be a franchise QB

lmao... This dude talking about how the GM's etc. are telling him stuff in confidence and they'd have no reason to lie or be deceptive but the dude puts the info they gave him(that was supposed to be "in confidence" on the air. Thank God CK basically called him out on this

It was great to finally put a face to all of the posts that i have been reading over the years.
I think CK did very well defending his points and not being over confrontational back to Burmeister. I think Burmeister was just trying to create a TV debate and was not that unoffensive( maybe a lot worse in the edited parts).
I was only hoping for Burmeister to thank CK for unique investigative and original perspective on the situation, but alas he could not come up to CK's level.

Nice job CK.

What I didn't get was when CK said the GM's and scouts had no reason to be forthcoming or truthful with their findings, and Burmeister's response was "to the media, yah". Implying that he is somehow not in the media so he gets this "off the record" information he refers to. How does a guy hosting a show on NFL network consider himself not a member of the media ?

Back
Top Bottom