Clark resigns with Steelers, WTF | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clark resigns with Steelers, WTF

It worked well for Clark since he got what he wanted but i have to believe it could have some negative effects on his agent. Im sure it left a real bad taste in BP's mouth that the agent knew that Clark was soley using the dolphins to get Pitt to pony up more money. I wonder how this is going to affect future dealings with any player that the same agent represents.

Face it, for whatever reason Miami does not seem like a favorable place to play football. We seemed to get spurned all to often.

No big deal really considering anyone we get is an upgrade to Gibril.

Face it, for whatever reason Miami does not seem like a favorable place to play football. We seemed to get spurned all to often.

Not sure if thats what it is. I think in this case, him coming to Miami would open Steelers eyes real quick. We already released Gibril, and we had a real nice offer out there for Rolle. They know we were serious which in-turn sped up the process with Pittsburgh.

Not sure if thats what it is. I think in this case, him coming to Miami would open Steelers eyes real quick. We already released Gibril, and we had a real nice offer out there for Rolle. They know we were serious which in-turn sped up the process with Pittsburgh.

Bingo. Clark just wanted to get the attention from the Steelers to JUST resign him, not offer him more money. Clark wanted to stay in pitts regardless.

His agent said " he probably left money on the table". Would have been nice to sign but is/was he more of a SS?

With what he was saying going into all these meetings with the Phins, it's obvious now that it was all a ploy to him to push Pitt into making him an offer to stay. He never really had any intentions of leaving Pitt, just playing us to see what the market would offer him. Stinks, but I think is a fairly common practice. Too bad we get shafted in the deal. Don't think that agent is ever going to be very popular around Fins HQ again. Hopefully we can go get Atogwe now. He's who I wanted from the beginning anyways. Hopefully his shoulder isn't as big of an issue as some say.

Back
Top Bottom