Clay signs offer sheet from Bills | Page 45 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clay signs offer sheet from Bills

Clay is as good as gone, enjoy Beefalo, he's an excellent player. Still though, with E.J at QB, it ain't gonna matter. After the draft, our team is gonna be in a lot better shape this year and long term than Buffalaugh with a real QB and Suh. Nice pick up though, Clay is an excellent player, a lil over priced, but not a terrible move for yall imo. Just sucks ya'll gonna waste his talent with E.J lol.

I like Clay but $7+ million for 5 years can buy a good TE and a whole lot more

Can't really argue with this. The thing is we don't really know how good Clay can be. He's still young and the injury set him back.

and just like Birdmond said, Clay is stil lyoung and developing. could become good... without his injury issues, in 2013 he was top 7-8 TE in the league.

i want to add... what TE can we buy? who? where? its rare enough to find a top TE talent like a Gronk or a Graham, as well as signing one to your team.

and just like Birdmond said, Clay is stil lyoung and developing. could become good... without his injury issues, in 2013 he was top 7-8 TE in the league.

i want to add... what TE can we buy? who? where? its rare enough to find a top TE talent like a Gronk or a Graham, as well as signing one to your team.
This year it is Cameron, next year who knows? Again, I like Clay and it wouldn't surprise or upset me if they match but you can get multiple starters at other positions every year for $7.6 million. Also, isn't that knee a chronic problem? He is young and developing but an injury that hangs around for more than one season is a huge red flag for me.

This year it is Cameron, next year who knows? Again, I like Clay and it wouldn't surprise or upset me if they match but you can get multiple starters at other positions every year for $7.6 million. Also, isn't that knee a chronic problem? He is young and developing but an injury that hangs around for more than one season is a huge red flag for me.

Yet you sign one that has missed more games since 2011.

Have a WR that is blah since 2013 in Crabtree and can't stay healthy.

So if you want to bang on the Bills for offering a TE that has missed 6 games since 2011 fine but "he who in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"

So if you want to bang on the Bills for offering a TE that has missed 6 games since 2011 fine but "he who in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"
On a dolphin forum he can be pro dolphin and see things from an optimistic dolphins fan prospective. We understand the bills can do no wrong in your eyes.

actually you can after one year, but do they want to?

Not if it's in the offer. However that is why the Big bonus is right at the start of the league year and likely why they waited so long

366 days from official contract you can restructure but that means in 2016 you are carrying his contract past week 1 in UFA before you can do anything with it and have to be cap compliant by start of league new year.

On a dolphin forum he can be pro dolphin and see things from an optimistic dolphins fan prospective. We understand the bills can do no wrong in your eyes.

Nope they can. Don't like the 1st two years of this contract at all but understand it

However it is an unlogical and weak when you call the guy leaving your team Injury prone but write of the guy that misses more games in his career with MAJ injury red-flags a good solid replacement

Yes but you are paying him over $20 million in GTD money...

Back
Top Bottom