Cold Hard Truth | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cold Hard Truth

I hate to say it but I believe we will stay at number 9 and most likely pick Levi Brown because we do need to improve the OL and OT is the main point. I believe we will work something out for Trent Green. If Quinn fals that would be great, but I doubt it. I only hope we can pull someone like Stanton out, that would be awsome. I would say lets go OT,WR,QB with the first 3 picks. I know we need secondary help to there is no doubt about it, but I hate to say it we are probably going to have that Unsexy OT pick! GO FINS!!

I agree - its not sexy but it seems to be likely. The only reasons I see us deviating from this plan is A) if Quinn falls to us, and B) its pretty well known that Houck and Mueller seem to agree that the OL can be built with mid-round picks and higher picks should be used on skill positions. That being said, if they think Levi is worth the #9, I don't think they'll have any problem taking him.

Luda there is nothing wrong with an OL as your first pick, I played OL and I have nothing but love for the hogs up front, but its fun watching a draft where you pick up your next big thing like when we drafted Ronnie Brown. I have no problem with Brown we need OL help in the worst kind of way. But I think we should put these high hopes of drafting a QB with the number nine pick and realize that there are plenty of good QBs available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I cant wait till Saturday and hope we can truly start to rebuild the Miami Dolphin organization.

Yeah, I hear what you are saying. Gotta love those big guys sacrificing themselves for the greater good. I agree....I would love to have Quinn there but the chances may be less than 50/50 (my gut feeling is that the Browns or Vikings pick him). So, in that case Brown is probably the guy and I would be happy with that. I like Kolb at probably our 2nd (#60) round or 3rd round pick.

ok, trade up to 6, get quinn, o-line next two picks, after that go needs

yea but to move up from 9 to 6 you are going to have to give up one of the two 2nd round picks and I would rather get us a solid LT because QBs are more hit or miss than anyone. Either way I am going to be happy as long as we dont draft like we did during the Wanstead years!

I hate to say it but I believe we will stay at number 9 and most likely pick Levi Brown because we do need to improve the OL and OT is the main point. I believe we will work something out for Trent Green. If Quinn fals that would be great, but I doubt it. I only hope we can pull someone like Stanton out, that would be awsome. I would say lets go OT,WR,QB with the first 3 picks. I know we need secondary help to there is no doubt about it, but I hate to say it we are probably going to have that Unsexy OT pick! GO FINS!!

I HOPE NICK SABAN GETS BEATEN LIKE A DRUM!!

The NFL Network showed the Senior Bowl over again today. Levi Brown consistantly stifles his man and meets them head on everytime with long arms and a great punch. OL are hard to watch and it takes a dedicated eye while not paying attention to everything else.

The crap being said about Brown is rediculous. Brown is a great LT. There I said it, but because I have watched him closely and his power and punch are second to none. Better than Joe Thomas. Levi Brown would be such an awesome pick for us and would solidify the Tackle spot for sure. We could even rotate him and Alabi a little but make no mistake, Levi Brown would be well worth the #9 pick. And sexy is when your QB never has to look over his shoulder to wonder if the DE is bearing down on him.

Not to mention Levi's penchant for going downfield and kicking some butt. Ronnie Brown would benefit nicely as well as Trent Green and John Beck.:D

I agree - its not sexy but it seems to be likely. The only reasons I see us deviating from this plan is A) if Quinn falls to us, and B) its pretty well known that Houck and Mueller seem to agree that the OL can be built with mid-round picks and higher picks should be used on skill positions. That being said, if they think Levi is worth the #9, I don't think they'll have any problem taking him.

All they would have to do is watch the tape. Its all there. Forget his 40 time in shorts. Doesnt mean a thing.

Yeah I think Levi Brown is a good possibility......everyone talks about trading up or trading down, but it rarely happens. Brown will probably be the BPA and we could use O-line help. I think we will take Beck or Kolb at QB in the 2nd round.

A Franchise LT is very Sexy, but what I mean is when you think about finding franchise player in the draft, no matter what the team you think about QB, RB, WR, LB guys like that those are the commonly refered "Sexy Picks" but we all know if we find our future LT there will be nothing sexier!

That's all B.S. if they weren't high on him then why did they interview him at the combine and have him in for a visit this past week.:wink:

Each team interviews many players at the combine...and just because they bring in a player...doesn't mean they will select him. Remember last year...how many players did the Dolphins bring in...and pass on during the draft?

We know the Dolphins have talked to at least 6 QB's so far...but very likey they will only draft one and bring in another as a free agent.

Back
Top Bottom