Cole: Ode to Wayne Huizenga | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cole: Ode to Wayne Huizenga

minus said:
Then-team owner Wayne Huizenga was misleading the public about the franchise's finances.THe truth is that he probably didn't lose much back in '97 if any.

So he dismantled the World Champions......prior to when they stood to gain big money (attendance the year after a title).....for the heck of it??

Sorry, I don't buy it. IIRC, the team has continued to lose money every year after that. Certainly aren't turning big profits.

MarksBrothers85 said:
I was thinking the same thing before he got hired as a consultant for the Ravens, he would have been a nice breath of fresh air for Miami's stale offense. I don't know what everyone's opinion is, but I didn't like Norv Turner's offense. I thought his offensive system did not suit the Dolphins well and it really pissed me off when he refused to change the game plan at when it clearly wasn't working. Hopefully Foerster works out.
Yeah man I totally agree with you. Norv is a great OC but he just didn't realize his style was not compatible with not only the Dolphins, but mainly Fiedler. Anyway, he's gone now and he went out and got himself his prototype QB in Collins. The Raiders will make some noise this year.

I hate Huizenga as the Ex-Marlins owner. Sorry Muck I don't have any facts or substantial evidence to prove why. I don't think what he did was right regardless of his reasons. As the owner of the Dolphins, I can't complain we have a chance to go all the way at the beginning of every year.

BlueFin said:
First of all, if you don't think Jimmie and Dave being best friends had everything to do with him being brought here your nuts.

Second, Dave was not the Defensive coordinator here, he was asst. head coach too his buddy Jimmie because no one else wanted Wannstedt.

Ultimately Wayne did in fact hire Wannstedt at Jimmies recomendation, and with Dave's history it should have never happened at a franchise of this caliber, you cannot say with any credibility that the hiring of Dave Wannstedt was an objective, non-biased hiring, the man destroyed the Bears.
Then I guess I'm nuts, because it most certainly didn't have EVERYTHING to do with it... are you saying that JJ lucked out with DW? He is responsible in many ways for the defense we have today.

Yeah, DW was indeed the Asst. HC. But because nobody wanted Wannstedt? C'mon... He's a great defensive mind, particularly in the X's and O's department... can you prove to me that nobody wanted him?

You're saying that a "franchise of this caliber" should not have hired the coach that JJ, a very well respected coach, recomended? So what with his history of the Bears? He made some very bad choices in his first stint as a HC, and if the Dolphins are any indication, he's learned from those mistakes. And to use that as an argument that I "cannot say with any credibility" that his hiring was objective?

Honestly, I think what make most people remain pissed off at him is that he was the main person involved in Marino's retirement, and, to a lesser extent, his poor abilites as GM (which was the main cause of his problems in Chicago, IMO)... but Danny was certainly not the gamechanger of old, and he no longer has GM powers in here... And what exactly has he done that is so terrible for the Dolphins? He's taken us as far as JJ took us, and was one game short of where Shula took us within his last 5 years...

BlueFin said:
Speaking of bad memories, that was before he destroyed the Bears that he was a top choice, after no one was interested in him as a head man.
And we were? You said it yourself, he was the ASSISTANT HC, not the HC. He many not be a great GM but he's a good coach, his record stands by him.

Back
Top Bottom