19 Oklahoma 2-2 370 8
20 Mississippi 3-1 357 21
21 Nebraska 3-1 333 23
22 Georgia Tech 4-1 311 25
23 South Florida 5-0 238 NR
24 Missouri 4-0 215 NR
25 South Carolina 4-1 200 NR

How does Oklahoma stay in the top 20?

They fail every test on their schedule, then go on to lose BCS bowls.

The BCS system is crap.

How is Miami not ahead of Boise? We've beaten as many ranked BCS opponents this year than they have over the past 4 years.

Boise was ranked higher than us, and they've done nothing that warrants them dropping down.

Had we beaten VT, you'd probably have a good case, and we probably would have jumped them..but at this point, they're undefeated, we're not.

Boise was ranked higher than us, and they've done nothing that warrants them dropping down.

Had we beaten VT, you'd probably have a good case, and we probably would have jumped them..but at this point, they're undefeated, we're not.

I didn't say they had to drop down, we should just be ahead of them. Interesting you say that though, because Boise actually did drop down one spot in favor of a one-loss team.

The rest of that would make a lick of sense if we weren't already ahead of 5 undefeated BCS teams, just on the top 25. And those guys actually play real teams. Iowa beat Penn State on the road, and they aren't ahead of Boise? That game wasn't the first game of the season either.

How is Miami not ahead of Boise? We've beaten as many ranked BCS opponents this year than they have over the past 4 years.

You lost, or you would be.

Florida State and Oklahoma are both not very good ranked teams to win, either. Oregon winning helps Boise, while Florida State and Oklahoma losing hurts Miami.

I didn't say they had to drop down, we should just be ahead of them. Interesting you say that though, because Boise actually did drop down one spot in favor of a one-loss team.

The rest of that would make a lick of sense if we weren't already ahead of 5 undefeated BCS teams, just on the top 25. And those guys actually play real teams. Iowa beat Penn State on the road, and they aren't ahead of Boise? That game wasn't the first game of the season either.

Iowa had a damn close game with a FCS team, and Penn State was overrated/untested. That hurts their perception with coaches and the AP. I am not sure where they're ranked on the unofficial BCS computers.

As for real teams, I'd love to see anyone in the ACC try to beat Oregon. Teams in your division are losing to FCS teams and you want to talk about real teams.

Iowa had a damn close game with a FCS team, and Penn State was overrated/untested. That hurts their perception with coaches and the AP. I am not sure where they're ranked on the unofficial BCS computers.

As for real teams, I'd love to see anyone in the ACC try to beat Oregon. Teams in your division are losing to FCS teams and you want to talk about real teams.

Not to take either either side here....but this is obviously accurate...

Listen...before the season, Miami's first 4 games looked a lot more brutal on paper than how it actually played out....

The "win" over FSU in which Miami barely scraped by that could've went either way in the final seconds isn't as impressive as it first seemed....there's some issues in Tallahassee....

They beat a good GT team....

Absolutely hammered in every fashion by VT....

And won at home by 1 point to what is now a 2 loss team without it's Heisman Trophy winning quarterback and best TE in the country....

Miami had their chance to prove they were a legitimate top 5 team and they didn't do it....because they're not a top 5 team.....but to go 3-1 through that 4 game stretch is a nice accomplishment for a young team...

Boise on the other hand....plays nobody after Oregon....and just got finished looking less than spectacular against a glorified high school team...

I also watched the Boise/Fresno St. game in which they let Ryan Matthews rip off 70 yard run after 70 yard run after 70 yard run....that didn't impress me either...

I think Miami is a better team than Boise....with better players and better athletes....plays MUCH better defense....etc....

But there was no way for Miami to pass Boise after losing to VT badly and as long as Boise keeps stays *ahem* undefeated....:lol:

All that would do is prove how truly meaningless the preseason polls before anyone has played a game really is.....

However, if the first poll was to come out now....I believe there's a good chance Miami would be ranked ahead of Boise...

That Oregon team that took the field against Boise in week 1 isn't the Oregon team that's playing now.... it would be interesting to see those two teams play now....

And I don't think there's a snowballs chance in hell that Boise would go 3-1 through the 4 game stretch that Miami played...

The bottom line is that if the teams from the MWC, WAC, etc. that go undefeated every year in those joke conferences want to be taken seriously....they need to start playing some BCS teams on the road....

Make a few trips down to SEC land like Boise did when they got blown out in Georgia a few years ago.....or like the undefeated Hawaii team got blown out in the Sugar Bowl against Georgia...etc..

I know Utah beat an uninterested Bama team without it's all world left tackle last year....and Boise snuck by Oklahoma a few years ago by a point in the "Statue of Liberty" Bowl....

...but it's easy for the underdog to get up for ONE game in the post season after a month layoff...

It's a lot different to be tested week in and week out against smashmouth football teams....

You don't think Miami or Va Tech would beat Oregon?

Secondly, the FSU win was a HUGE win. They are a big, fast, strong team, and if they completed that last pass, who's to say that we wouldn't have been able to recover and gone 0-4? They had that huge win at BYU, and it's not like USF and BC are bad teams. I would put money down on them doing to Boise what they did to BYU.

But people want to keep talking about the worst teams in our conference. Whatever....we just beat one of the top 3 teams of this decade from the Big 12, so you all can suck it.

Not to take either either side here....but this is obviously accurate...

Listen...before the season, Miami's first 4 games looked a lot more brutal on paper than how it actually played out....

The "win" over FSU in which Miami barely scraped by that could've went either way in the final seconds isn't as impressive as it first seemed....there's some issues in Tallahassee....

They beat a good GT team....

Absolutely hammered in every fashion by VT....

And won at home by 1 point to what is now a 2 loss team without it's Heisman Trophy winning quarterback and best TE in the country....

Miami had their chance to prove they were a legitimate top 5 team and they didn't do it....because they're not a top 5 team.....but to go 3-1 through that 4 game stretch is a nice accomplishment for a young team...

Boise on the other hand....plays nobody after Oregon....and just got finished looking less than spectacular against a glorified high school team...

I also watched the Boise/Fresno St. game in which they let Ryan Matthews rip off 70 yard run after 70 yard run after 70 yard run....that didn't impress me either...

I think Miami is a better team than Boise....with better players and better athletes....plays MUCH better defense....etc....

But there was no way for Miami to pass Boise after losing to VT badly and as long as Boise keeps stays *ahem* undefeated....:lol:

All that would do is prove how truly meaningless the preseason polls before anyone has played a game really is.....

However, if the first poll was to come out now....I believe there's a good chance Miami would be ranked ahead of Boise...

That Oregon team that took the field against Boise in week 1 isn't the Oregon team that's playing now.... it would be interesting to see those two teams play now....

And I don't think there's a snowballs chance in hell that Boise would go 3-1 through the 4 game stretch that Miami played...

The bottom line is that if the teams from the MWC, WAC, etc. that go undefeated every year in those joke conferences want to be taken seriously....they need to start playing some BCS teams on the road....

Make a few trips down to SEC land like Boise did when they got blown out in Georgia a few years ago.....or like the undefeated Hawaii team got blown out in the Sugar Bowl against Georgia...etc..

I know Utah beat an uninterested Bama team without it's all world left tackle last year....and Boise snuck by Oklahoma a few years ago by a point in the "Statue of Liberty" Bowl....

...but it's easy for the underdog to get up for ONE game in the post season after a month layoff...

It's a lot different to be tested week in and week out against smashmouth football teams....

This argument is the same verbatim each year.

"Oregon or Oregon State isn't the same team later in the season that Boise State demolished earlier"- This is a pathetic argument. Oregon saw the Boise State game as the most important on their schedule. They circled the date after they lost last year. Masoli said that they were going to bring it to Boise; Blount said that they owed Boise an asswhoopin'. There is no way they were unprepared: they were simply outclassed.

"Boise snuck past Oklahoma"- Not only did they not sneak past Oklahoma, they dominated Oklahoma until the fourth quarter. Poor quarterback play let them back in the game, along with a turnover on a punt return.

"Utah beat an uninterested Alabama"- They beat a top five team, period. I am amazed that this argument comes up whenever a non-BCS team beats a top ranked BCS team. It's as if there is no possible way that Utah could have beat Alabama, if only Alabama had showed up--what about all those predictions before the game that 'Bama would smash Utah.

"Boise needs to play BCS teams on the road"- You think they don't try? They signed a home-and-home with Oregon, and won both times! What kind of message do you think that sends to the BCS schools who feel they have a reputation to protect? The truth of the matter is, BCS schools DON'T WANT TO PLAY BOISE STATE.

Next season, Boise State plays Virginia Tech at FedEx field in October. Maybe if Boise wins, everyone will say that Virginia Tech was uninterested, or not the same team as when they play BCS teams, amirite? I'm waiting for this excuse.

You don't think Miami or Va Tech would beat Oregon?

Secondly, the FSU win was a HUGE win. They are a big, fast, strong team, and if they completed that last pass, who's to say that we wouldn't have been able to recover and gone 0-4? They had that huge win at BYU, and it's not like USF and BC are bad teams. I would put money down on them doing to Boise what they did to BYU.

But people want to keep talking about the worst teams in our conference. Whatever....we just beat one of the top 3 teams of this decade from the Big 12, so you all can suck it.

Nope, I don't think Miami would beat Oregon. Va Tech might have a chance.

And congratulations on beating Oklahoma. Too bad a non-BCS team took them down first, but there's probably an excuse for that-right?

Nope, I don't think Miami would beat Oregon. Va Tech might have a chance.

And congratulations on beating Oklahoma. Too bad a non-BCS team took them down first, but there's probably an excuse for that-right?

I can't speak for Oklahoma before they played us. I mean you're missing the point if you think that Sam Bradford getting injured, and the backup playing his first game ever did NOT make a difference in that game. I mean look what happened to BYU when they played FSU. I'm not saying that Oklahoma automatically wins if Bradford doesn't get injured, or if Landry Jones had been practicing with the first team all offseason, because it's impossible to say. Just like I can't say that we'd beat Oklahoma if Bradford was playing.

And yes, we would kill Oregon. They lost to Boise. And almost lost to Purdue. Get outta here. It's a different brand of football on the east coast. For example, look at what Stanford's been doing to the Pac 10. This is a team that lost to Wake Forest. Maybe if you guys manned up and started playing some real teams from the SEC/ACC, you'd see what I'm talking about.

And a little off topic - but I think the ACC has jumped ahead of the Big 12 now after wins over Oklahoma and Nebraska.

Last edited by a moderator:
The truth of the matter is, BCS schools DON'T WANT TO PLAY BOISE STATE.

Next season, Boise State plays Virginia Tech at FedEx field in October. Maybe if Boise wins, everyone will say that Virginia Tech was uninterested, or not the same team as when they play BCS teams, amirite? I'm waiting for this excuse.

The first point - that's not true at all. Look at Louisville and USF. Great examples of how to get your program started. If Boise wants to play Miami, please, PLEASE schedule us. I'm sure we'd be more than happy.

If Boise beats Va Tech there will be no excuses. That's a perfect matchup, on the road, against a great opponent. That's all we've been asking for. Well maybe a couple more tough teams each year. One hard game per year doesn't really make for a tough season.

Back
Top Bottom