College football rankings for week 6 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

College football rankings for week 6

Iowa had a damn close game with a FCS team, and Penn State was overrated/untested. That hurts their perception with coaches and the AP. I am not sure where they're ranked on the unofficial BCS computers.

As for real teams, I'd love to see anyone in the ACC try to beat Oregon. Teams in your division are losing to FCS teams and you want to talk about real teams.

Dude..
I'm not a kpcane or ACC fan...but Oregon blows....as most of the Pac-10.
Week after week playing in the SEC.or even the ACC is more than what
Boise St or teams like Oregon could handle.

Wow...that's a tiny bit of respect for the ACC from you Namor....thanks man.

Wow...that's a tiny bit of respect for the ACC from you Namor....thanks man.

Actually,I'm more pro-SEC than anti-ACC.
Really,I like the Canes more than the ACC.
I will admit that the ACC is getting stronger overall,not up to the SEC,
but stronger.
What's happening in the ACC has been happening to the SEC for years.
It's becoming a meat grinder,teams beating each other up...and that
hurts the top teams strength of schedule.Something Boise St. doesn't
have to deal with.
Look at this weeks Fla. St /Ga. tech game. This game is just about a no win situation for the canes.If Ga. tech wins,it hurts Miami's win at Fla. St.
If Fla. State wins if hurts Miami's win at GA.tech.Miami hasn't done anything wrong,but because the teams that they beat are eating ea. other up,Miami's S of S slips.It means even in a tough conf,you have to
go undefeated or have 1 loss and some help or your out of the Nat'l
championship picture.

If Boise beats Va Tech there will be no excuses. That's a perfect matchup, on the road, against a great opponent. That's all we've been asking for. Well maybe a couple more tough teams each year. One hard game per year doesn't really make for a tough season.

Somehow I doubt that there won't be excuses. If there's something the east coast will never recognize, it's that Boise State is actually a good program. If they win, it'll be because Virginia Tech was looking past them or because of 'trickeration'.

You watch and see.

Dude..
I'm not a kpcane or ACC fan...but Oregon blows....as most of the Pac-10.
Week after week playing in the SEC.or even the ACC is more than what
Boise St or teams like Oregon could handle.

That's your opinion. If Oregon beats USC on Halloween, I'm sure you'll still have the same opinion. If Oregon beats any opponent from the SEC or otherwise in a BCS bowl, I'm sure you'll still, even in the face of evidence to the contrary, have the same opinion.

There's no convincing people like you. You still have the presumption that "big-time" east coast BCS programs are better because of talent and reputation, completely disregarding coaching and team chemistry. The obvious parity in college football is beyond the east coast's ability to comprehend.

Rafiki
I actually feel Boise State is a solid program.
They remind me of Fla. State of 25 years ago.I just don't think they play the weekly
grind of a SEC or ACC.
They can beat a big boy school every now and then,but to take that next step,they
need to schedule 2 or 3 BIG boys in a year and beat them or have a great showing
(Oregon doesn't count to us SEC fans)
To get the big boys to play you,you may not be able to get a home and home situation with them.You may need to take several away games to play them and give
up that home game revenue...Thats what is hard to do.
Just my thought.

That's your opinion. If Oregon beats USC on Halloween, I'm sure you'll still have the same opinion. If Oregon beats any opponent from the SEC or otherwise in a BCS bowl, I'm sure you'll still, even in the face of evidence to the contrary, have the same opinion.

There's no convincing people like you. You still have the presumption that "big-time" east coast BCS programs are better because of talent and reputation, completely disregarding coaching and team chemistry. The obvious parity in college football is beyond the east coast's ability to comprehend.

My opinion is anybody can beat anybody in a one game situation.
My thing is the week to week grind.

Rafiki
I actually feel Boise State is a solid program.
They remind me of Fla. State of 25 years ago.I just don't think they play the weekly
grind of a SEC or ACC.
They can beat a big boy school every now and then,but to take that next step,they
need to schedule 2 or 3 BIG boys in a year and beat them or have a great showing
(Oregon doesn't count to us SEC fans)
To get the big boys to play you,you may not be able to get a home and home situation with them.You may need to take several away games to play them and give
up that home game revenue...Thats what is hard to do.
Just my thought.

It takes two to tango. Hopefully schools start believing the Boise State is overrated and try to schedule them as much as Boise State tries. Believe it or not, the Athletic Director of Boise State has given up trying to schedule home-and-home meetings because schools flat-out refuse to go to Boise.

So it's one sided now, Boise IS looking to schedule away games with bigger programs (hence the Virginia Tech game) even though no school would like to return the favor.

Last edited by a moderator:
It takes two to tango. Hopefully schools start believing the Boise State is overrated and try to schedule them as much as Boise State tries. Believe it or not, the Athletic Director of Boise State has given up trying to schedule home-and-home meetings because schools flat-out refuse to go to Boise.

So it's one sided now, Boise IS looking to schedule away games with bigger programs (hence the Virginia Tech game) even though no school would like to return the favor.

Take Alabama for example..Bryant-Denny is a 102,000 seat stadium.
Boise st's stadium holds,what 32,000 maybe.
Where's the money at for Alabama to give Boise St. a home and home
series?What I'm saying is Boise State is going to have give up home game
revenue and go on the road to play the big boys.The big boys will not
go out of conferance to that small a stadium.
It's not about thinking Boise State is overrated or that they are scared to
play Boise...it's Money.

Take Alabama for example..Bryant-Denny is a 102,000 seat stadium.
Boise st's stadium holds,what 32,000 maybe.
Where's the money at for Alabama to give Boise St. a home and home
series?What I'm saying is Boise State is going to have give up home game
revenue and go on the road to play the big boys.The big boys will not
go out of conferance to that small a stadium.
It's not about thinking Boise State is overrated or that they are scared to
play Boise...it's Money.

So let me get this straight.

The established point of view is that Boise State plays a weak schedule.

If Boise State wants to change this view they are dependent on larger universities accepting games at their stadium, at the expense of in-state rivalries, cupcake games, and big money games.

But it's Boise State's fault? They should just try harder to schedule teams? Maybe beg a little louder?

To me it seems like a lot of the big conferences like the status quo. Why would they want to have Boise come to their stadium and have a chance to beat them?

They're better off scheduling in-state rivals and cupcakes, and keeping Boise State in the basement where they can say they have a weak schedule. Then they can use that excuse to deny them the BCS bowls.

Sounds about right to me.

Bama now at #2...
Looks like another #1 vs #2 ..Fla. vs Bama
in the SECCG...the real national title game.

The SECCG is certainly less arbitrary than the BCS, so you may have a point. I still think USC was the best team in the country last year, and never understood why they were the odd man out.

But anyway, what the hell do I know, but Alabama looks to be a far better team than Florida. I was much more impressed with the Ole miss/bama game, than the LSU/Florida game. I think FSU will give Florida a run for their money, but Bama should knock them out.

The SECCG is certainly less arbitrary than the BCS, so you may have a point. I still think USC was the best team in the country last year, and never understood why they were the odd man out.

But anyway, what the hell do I know, but Alabama looks to be a far better team than Florida. I was much more impressed with the Ole miss/bama game, than the LSU/Florida game. I think FSU will give Florida a run for their money, but Bama should knock them out.

yeah, we're not as showy as we were last year with harvin and murphy - and for some reason we played really conservative against tennessee and LSU. but we were still second in the nation as of yesterday in scoring at 48 points a game - and our D is just off the wall great.

we're going to blow FSU out by the way. they are absolute garbage on D and the offense won't put up 17 points on us. kind of sucks too b/c i always look forward to that being a good game. not this year man.

bama is a much better team, huh? well let's see. we have the best QB and running game in the country. the D's are both equally stellar - hard to say which one is better - but i know the gators will have more guys go in the first round this year. the only edge bama has on the gators is at WR - b/c julio jones is way better than cooper - our best WR. and DT with cody - but i consider that a wash too b/c haden is the best CB in the country.

once again - surprise surprise - the SEC title game will be the national championship game - as it was last year and as it will be many times in the future. florida and bama are by far the best teams in the country and we'll find out who is the better group in atlanta in a few months. it's gonna be a great game - can't wait.

I will give you the Florida D. They looked to be big, fast, and strong yesterday. But their offense didn't impress me in the least bit. I could care less how many points they put up against Troy and the other scrubs they played the first few weeks. How many points did they put up against Miami? Oh, still afraid to play us? Got ya.

You're really underestimating Florida State. Christian Ponder is the real deal back there. The D might be suspect right now, but I really think they're going to give Florida a game this year. Not saying they'll beat them, but they'll give them a game this year.

I don't know if Bama is beater, I'm just saying they look better. They deserve to be #1 based on their schedule. LSU really hasn't done anything this year, whereas Bama beat a pretty good Va Tech team that has beaten Miami and Nebraska already.

Again, the SEC title game can be called the national title game if you want. I mean, they call the BCS game the title game, and it's based on who some writers and computers like. The SEC winner will likely get some layup like they always do in the title game, while the best teams will be at home. And then the cycle will continue about how the SEC is the best. This year it may be the two best teams, but acting like it's always the best two teams just shows someone to be a media lapdog and a homer.

Back
Top Bottom