College vs NBA | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

College vs NBA

maddendude

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Over the last two years, NBA has gotten less and less exciting. I'm thinking of switching to watching college bball instead of NBA (next year). I mean, March Madness is so crazy, profitable, its almost as exciting as NFL playoffs, especially with teh upsets.

Which do you think is better to watch, NBA or college?

Btw, I called Bradley and Northwestern upsets!!! Maybee thats why I'm so excited.

College Basketball all the way for me.

College Basketball...I love the Heat, but them or anyone else in the NBA doesn't come to anywhere near the excitement that the NCAA tourney has.

I watch a ton of NCAA basketball.
I haven't watched an NBA game in about 10 years. Maybe more. It's long and boring as hell.

NBA. College doesn't do it for me. Players are always consistantly changing and the "no-names" doesn't interest me.

College ball is better.

1) The "THUG" eliminate isn't really in the college games. You can cheer for the players and not feel like you are rooting for a future person who will be in a place like OZ!

2) There are a ton of rivalries (Duke-UNC.....UCONN-Syracuse....etc) In the NBA you have no rivalaries that matter these days!

3) No "superstar ref-ing". Meaning watch an NBA game and Lebron, Kobe, Shaq, can travel, foul at will, and get away with damn near anything and the refs won't call it. In college the great players get no special treatment.

4) Effort. You get effort in EVERY college game. In the NBA you get guys dogging it all the time and mailing in performances.

MikeO said:
College ball is better.

1) The "THUG" eliminate isn't really in the college games. You can cheer for the players and not feel like you are rooting for a future person who will be in a place like OZ!

2) There are a ton of rivalries (Duke-UNC.....UCONN-Syracuse....etc) In the NBA you have no rivalaries that matter these days!

3) No "superstar ref-ing". Meaning watch an NBA game and Lebron, Kobe, Shaq, can travel, foul at will, and get away with damn near anything and the refs won't call it. In college the great players get no special treatment.

4) Effort. You get effort in EVERY college game. In the NBA you get guys dogging it all the time and mailing in performances.
Thats exactly right and the 4th reason is the most important for me.

MikeO said:
College ball is better.

Probably the last real good exciting rivalry was the Heat-Knicks. I agree with MikeO more or less on all of these points.

The intensity level is what makes it fun to watch. Unless its a nationally televised game or something is on the line you rarely see NBA players giving it their all. As Prime Time said, the NBA has become about watching star players...you show up to watch Wade or Kobe do something spectacular.

In college ball you root for a team...helps if your an alumnus I guess. I think thats the key to a sport flourishing. The NBA went to marketing players and were able to live off of it while Jordan was around but the model is flawed. The sports that succeed are the ones where the team is the rooting interest....theres a reason why the NFL and NCAA major sports have taken off while the NBA has been stagnant.

I love both, but if forced to choose, I'd probably go with the NBA. The quality of play is much better and the athleticism makes up for the lesser emotion and effort. For one example, I've seen more over-and-back calls during the first three days of the NCAA tournament than I saw all season watching the NBA.

TerryTate said:
Probably the last real good exciting rivalry was the Heat-Knicks.

i dunno what about
heat vs pistons
pistons vs pacers
pistons vs spurs
spurs vs mavs
spurs vs suns
suns vs mavs
heat vs cavs
lakers vs kings (well really kobe vs ron)
heat vs rockets (shag vs yao)

all those teams have had eciting games in there rivalry

a 5th point I forgot.

NBA playoff games start too damn late and a 7 game series is dragged out over 2 weeks. In college they play their March Madness over 3 weeks and games every other day. Move it along and the start times are reasonable to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom