College vs NBA | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

College vs NBA

I've never been a very big fan of either the NCAA or the NBA. I mean, I watch the games from time to time and I'm always following the March Madness tournament when they're on, but not obsessed...until now.

This NCAA tournament so far has been the most exciting event I've seen in sports in a long time...it was incredible how many of the games came down to the last second in the first round. I'm a college basketball fan now for sure.

And like MikeO said...the main reason it is so much better than the NBA is because of the heart the players have. I'm not saying there are players in the NBA who don't care, just that a lot of those players could care less how they perform...as long as it's good enough to get them paid.

this has been a good topic. I realized alot of things.

But Im only in highschool, maybee I'll completely switch to college in 2 years when I go to college.

IMO, Lakers-Kings was the last great rivalry, just to throw that out there. Although kings nvr got passed the lakers, it was must watch tv every time they were playing.

i don't think i could even get thru a full college game it just bores the hell outta me i dunno i use to hate college football too but now i love it so maybe i just need to watch some more

dob72 said:
i don't think i could even get thru a full college game it just bores the hell outta me i dunno i use to hate college football too but now i love it so maybe i just need to watch some more

It bores me too. Yes the whole rooting for the team concept is great, but I do that in the NBA too. I like to see players I can relate to also though. What I mean is I like to say players that I've seen before or that I am familiar with. I hate seeing games and not knowing anyone...that bores me. Which is why College Basketbal bores me.

dob72 said:
i dunno what about
heat vs pistons
pistons vs pacers
pistons vs spurs
spurs vs mavs
spurs vs suns
suns vs mavs
heat vs cavs
lakers vs kings (well really kobe vs ron)
heat vs rockets (shag vs yao)

all those teams have had eciting games in there rivalry

The Heat v.s. the Lakers How does that not make the list?

None of those NBA rivalries can touch a UNC-Duke game.

Its all about the NCAA. Not only the NCAA tournament, But look at the confernce tournaments too. I mean wow look at all the upsets and close games that happened there. The Favorite for the NCAA tournament could not even make it out of the first game they played in there Confernce tournament ( UConn is the Fav by most ppl ).

I like the NBA and its great to whatch at times, But I don't feel anyhting when I whatch it. You have players like Latrell Sprewall saying " 10 million won't feed my family " and stuff like that. While in College you have people killing themselves to make a team or get a scholarship. There is so much emotion when kids when and when they lose its just amazing to me. In the NBA its how can I make money and how do I get my own shoe. Most people playing College ball know that when they get done with college ball thats it and they play there heart out. I will agree that the NBA has much better players and they don't make as many mistakes, But its hard whatching people go out and play for money and contracts rather than the Love of the game!

NBA

I can always watch the Heat

Unless its March Madness i cant stand College Ball, and even the NBA playoffs excite me more

Im a big fan of the NBA and the NCAA, but if I had to pick, itd be the NBA.

Alex22 said:
NBA

I can always watch the Heat

Unless its March Madness i cant stand College Ball, and even the NBA playoffs excite me more

:yes:

Another thing to consider,....TV ratings drive everything in this country and the NBA (even the playoffs) lose out to poker and bowling. While NCAA games are only second to the NFL and NCAA Football.

MikeO said:
Another thing to consider,....TV ratings drive everything in this country and the NBA (even the playoffs) lose out to poker and bowling. While NCAA games are only second to the NFL and NCAA Football.
thats cuz there such much betting on ncaa bball

I'm a huge fan of NCAA hoops and the NBA. I prefer the NBA because I think the best team in the NBA wins the championship because of the format. The tournament is great but the best team does not always win and that is sometimes what people like about the tournament. The Spurs/Pistons finals last season was great but because they play a defensive minded game some people have considered those teams "boring" in the past. I'd be shocked if it wasn't Spurs/Pistons again which are the best two teams in the league, IMO but I think the NBA really needs to the Knicks and the Lakers to be significant teams which they really aren't. A story-line that will be missing from my projected finals would be Popovich vs Brown who are great friends but great coaches and Saunders doesn't have that type of recognition. The individual rivalries are missing from the pro game also.

Back
Top Bottom