Colts give Jonathan Taylor permission to be Traded | Page 187 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Colts give Jonathan Taylor permission to be Traded

I reject this. They were a 3rd or 4th place team in the East, just like the past 7 years.

Onus is on then to prove otherwise and I don’t see it happening any time soon.

People said the same thing in 2008 when Favre went there. They finished 3rd.
Very true, but the defense wasn’t as good as they are this year. I was at the game where we brutalized him, loved every second of it.

I reject this. They were a 3rd or 4th place team in the East, just like the past 7 years.

Onus is on then to prove otherwise and I don’t see it happening any time soon.

People said the same thing in 2008 when Favre went there. They finished 3rd.
It was a joke brother.

I was using the "If Tua can stay healthy" line against them.

Where are you seeing 37.8? OTC has us at 22 over next year currently and that's without putting Tua on contract, dropping X post June and a whole slew of other cap cutting mechanisms. The cap next year is fine.

I'd also add that I like Mostert, but giving Mostert and a second for JT seems like a win to me. Or not, perfectly fine with what we currently have as well.

Screenshot_20230920_214235_Chrome.jpg

So why are they so quick to not only say they would trade him, but not even take him back if nobody else wanted him?

Sure, its worth picking up the phone and talking to people directly "in the know" but its pretty rare for a team to flat out say we are done with this guy while actively trying to trade him. Kinda defeats their negotiating powers right? Unless they are trying to torpedo him without explicitly slandering his ability or actions.
Think Sony Michel. Pretty good year with the Rams in 2021. Let him go FA, Dolphins sign him and he's not good enough to make the roster, Chargers sign him and he only gets 36 carries. Out of the NFL in 2023. Shelf life for RBs is pretty short, especially for mediocre ones. Akers has been mediocre.....and once a mediocre RB loses a step, they are simply bad.

Indy signed Taylor to a 3 year 42 million extension that includes 26.5 million guaranteed.

Daddy's Money Irsay is clearly bipolar.

He goes from poor mouthing the guy to giving him Top 5 money with a multitude of ankle problems.

Irsay is either certifiable or they caught him coming off or going on some good pills.

Could be both.

Indy signed Taylor to a 3 year 42 million extension that includes 26.5 million guaranteed.

Daddy's Money Irsay is clearly bipolar.

He goes from poor mouthing the guy to giving him Top 5 money with a multitude of ankle problems.

Irsay is either certifiable or they caught him coming off or going on some good pills.

Could be both.
Bad move for so many reasons already cited. Wow.

Was told we had a weak running back room and desperately needed Taylor or Cook.
You were told that by some people who didn’t realize that the RB’s already on the Dolphins are a top 10 RB unit.

Jet fans are already upset that the Jets wanted $7 million on what appears to be a RB well past his prime.

Taylor is coming off ankle surgery that has kept him off the field for 10 months. Maybe he will be able to return to the RB he was but give me Mostert and Achane and their combined salaries over Taylor, any day of the week.

Bad move for so many reasons already cited. Wow.
The ownership tenure of Irsay (his whole adult life really) is a great example of what happens when someone has luxury, celebrity and influence without earning any of it.

This guy spends millions on guitars formerly owned by talented people so he can hang them on a wall and look at them.

Back
Top Bottom