Colts give Jonathan Taylor permission to be Traded | Page 185 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Colts give Jonathan Taylor permission to be Traded

Taylor wouldn't eclipse a healthy Dobbins; he'd just be a more expensive replacement.

I'd be happy to see the Ravens blow draft capital and cap space on Taylor. Which is... by the way... how I felt about Rodgers to the Jets.

I think Taylor is a different story brother. Still young and recognized as one of the best

Get a decent trade offer from Minny and i would be all over that

Playoffs in the cold snowy weather and a good running game makes the different

I think Taylor is a different story brother. Still young and recognized as one of the best

Get a decent trade offer from Minny and i would be all over that

Playoffs in the cold snowy weather and a good running game makes the different
Yeah... true, but so many young RBs break down so quickly. Dobbins and now Chubb... Barkley has NEVER been healthy for long.
Taylor has already had one surgery and with RBs, they tend to tail off afterwards...

While Taylor is young, and COULD remain healthy and continue dominating, I'm always going to bet against that with a RB. Look at Cook this year... I just don't think they are worth the risk unless you are running a 60% run, power offense... and even then, when they go down, you're done.

I'm a big RBBC believer.

Yeah... true, but so many young RBs break down so quickly. Dobbins and now Chubb... Barkley has NEVER been healthy for long.
Taylor has already had one surgery and with RBs, they tend to tail off afterwards...

While Taylor is young, and COULD remain healthy and continue dominating, I'm always going to bet against that with a RB. Look at Cook this year... I just don't think they are worth the risk unless you are running a 60% run, power offense... and even then, when they go down, you're done.

I'm a big RBBC believer.
Except he didn't dominate last year. A fact alot of ppl around here just seem to forget.

Any team willing to give up a high draft pick and pay him top 3 RB money is doing it to sell tickets more than build a winner.

There was a report a week or so ago that said when trade talks for Taylor resumed that indy was going to be more realistic in their expectations.

Yeah I’d say they lost a ton of ground though. Lost 4 weeks of Taylor, Mostert playing well and with the influx of rb injuries, their value just went even more down. Was I’d only offer a 3rd at this point now.

There was a report a week or so ago that said when trade talks for Taylor resumed that indy was going to be more realistic in their expectations.
A report? Or someone's speculation?

A big difference that many have a hard time differentiating in their minds.

Yep, but let's see after week four. What about Akers from the Rams? Don't know much about him.
Tough call there... he's only 24, but he tore his Achilles in '21 and now has seemingly played his way out of LA somehow... (rumored bad practices).
Contract is cheap enough, but it only runs through this year.
LA has also said they won't welcome him back if no trade happens... so I'm thinking his price is a conditional 7th round pick.
I wouldn't bitch... but I'd really like to have some clarity on what happened to sour the relationship.

Tough call there... he's only 24, but he tore his Achilles in '21 and now has seemingly played his way out of LA somehow... (rumored bad practices).
Contract is cheap enough, but it only runs through this year.
LA has also said they won't welcome him back if no trade happens... so I'm thinking his price is a conditional 7th round pick.
I wouldn't bitch... but I'd really like to have some clarity on what happened to sour the relationship.
I was reading that Akers hasn’t been happy at all about his usage.

Apparently he wants the ball constantly, and isn’t above bitching at his coaches when he doesn’t get it. Think WR-diva-trapped-in-a-RB-body.

I was reading that Akers hasn’t been happy at all about his usage.

Apparently he wants the ball constantly, and isn’t above bitching at his coaches when he doesn’t get it. Think WR-diva-trapped-in-a-RB-body.
Call me silly but I don't mind a back or receiver that wants the ball.

Well ok let's go there. I assume you have the full story so let's hear it.
Normally I'm a 'two sides to every story' type guy but Akers really makes me think there is fire to the smoke.

Back to back years demanding trades
Historical achilles injury

And now the Rams are publically saying they will give him away for a half-eatten bag of unsalted pretzels. When they said he is not coming back to the team even if untraded, they pretty much put the league on notice saying don't touch this guy. It was a subtle way of burning his bridges.

Back
Top Bottom