Colts give Jonathan Taylor permission to be Traded | Page 184 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Colts give Jonathan Taylor permission to be Traded

You said previously that you understood the cap. That statement indicates that you do not.

It doesn't matter how much money an owner has personally. He can have 100 billion dollars but he still has to follow the cap requirements the same as an owner who barely has 1 billion.

The issue for an owner from a business perspective is whether it is better or more profitable to field a competitive team for several years, or for one, then have a few really bad years. He wants to sell out the stadium at the highest ticket prices possible, sell concessions, etc.

It isn't in his best interest, in most cases, to take the approach you suggest.
Come on Mach, Ross like other owners aren't in it for the money.

Whether he is in it for the money, {which he is}or not. He still can only spend what the cap allows him to spend.
I am always surprised that some posters seem to think the cap applies to every team but the Dolphins.

I don’t think you are one of those posters but there are certainly some of those posters on this forum.

Some have multiple motivations, but bottom line, none want to lose money.

I know baseball is not a direct comparison but look at Wayne Huizenga. It cost him 50m out of pocket to win a championship and he found it less than satisfying, then had to dismantle the team and couldn't give tickets away.

Football is different in that you can't just spend unlimited money in an attempt to buy a SB. Even if you could, there's certainly no guarantees.

Whether he is in it for the money, {which he is}or not. He still can only spend what the cap allows him to spend.
I am always surprised that some posters seem to think the cap applies to every team but the Dolphins.

I don’t think you are one of those posters but there are certainly some of those posters on this forum.
Thing Is we have some good running backs

After watching the 1st two weeks let's do a little exercise for our runnningback horny segment of the fanbase and take a look at some of the high priced veteren RBs and see what they have done this year so far.

McCaffery 16 mil- 268 yards 6.4 ypc 2 tds. 1st place in rushing.

Kamara 15 mil- 0 yards and suspended for another week

Henry 12.5 Mil - 143 yards 3.6 ypc 1 TD. Tied 72nd in league ypc. 9th in total yards.

Chubb 12.2 Mil - out for season and maybe out forever.

Jacobs 11.7 mil - 46 yards 1.6 ypc. 0 tds. Dead last in YPC. Last in TDs 53rd in total yards

Jones 11.5 mil - 41 yards 4.6 ypc 1 TD. Pulled hamstring currently injured

Barkley 10 mil - 114 yards 3.9 ypc 1 TD also currently injured out for 3 to 4 weeks w high ankle sprain

Pollard 10 mil - 142 yards, 3.6 ypc 2 tds- tied 72nd in ypc

Cook 7 mil - 40 yards 2.4 ypc 0 TDs. Looks like ****

All these expensive rbs of the top 9, 3 are injured, 1 is suspended, 2 are playing like absolute garbage in Jacobs & Cook. One could argue all of them have not lived up to their contracts except McCaffery.

Now let's look at the guy you all wanted to get replaced by Cook or Taylor.

Moestert- 158 yards. 5.6 ypc. 3 TDs. Leading league in TDs. 7th in rushing and top 10 ypc for starting RBs.

WE DONT NEED AN OVERPRICED VETEREN RB!
Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

Haha, well played sir....well played

Thing Is we have some good running backs
I have be saying all along that I am happy with the running backs they have now. I was hoping they wouldn’t give up a high draft pick for Taylor.

When it came out they wanted Waddle and a draft pick for Taylor, I was very happy to see that Grier wasn’t buying that crap.

But the fact remains that we were interested in trading for Taylor and other RBs. And as long we don’t give up too much anyone would be crazy to not want Taylor here. He may be the best RB in the league and he would make this whole team better.

But the fact remains that we were interested in trading for Taylor and other RBs. And as long we don’t give up too much anyone would be crazy to not want Taylor here. He may be the best RB in the league and he would make this whole team better.
I have no problem with them always looking to upgrade the talent on the roster as long as the price they pay for that talent in fair.

I am not privy to what the Colts wanted to trade for Taylor but there was a report they wanted a first round pick and Waddle for Taylor. If there was any truth to that rumor, it was a ridiculous demand by the Colts as far as I am concerned.

I would have been okay trading a third round pick for Taylor but there is no way I would trade Waddle even up for Taylor. Much less also trading a first round pick plus Waddle.

Ravens should be all over this after losing Dobbins. And this is their type of in season trade, IMO.
Agreed... Dobbins has consistently been injured and should not be on anyone's long term asset list.
Taylor to the Ravens makes a TON of sense.

Agreed... Dobbins has consistently been injured and should not be on anyone's long term asset list.
Taylor to the Ravens makes a TON of sense.
And that’s not a good thing. Baltimore is one of three biggest threats to Miami in the AFC I think and them adding a talent like Taylor is not good for us. I would definitely trade a 2nd for Taylor if that would do it.

And that’s not a good thing. Baltimore is one of three biggest threats to Miami in the AFC I think and them adding a talent like Taylor is not good for us. I would definitely trade a 2nd for Taylor if that would do it.
If the rumor they were asking for a first round pick plus Waddle in a trade for Taylor is factual. I will be surprised if they settle for a second round pick for him but anything is possible, I guess.

Taylor wouldn't eclipse a healthy Dobbins; he'd just be a more expensive replacement.

I'd be happy to see the Ravens blow draft capital and cap space on Taylor. Which is... by the way... how I felt about Rodgers to the Jets.

Taylor wouldn't eclipse a healthy Dobbins; he'd just be a more expensive replacement.

I'd be happy to see the Ravens blow draft capital and cap space on Taylor. Which is... by the way... how I felt about Rodgers to the Jets.
In a way the Jets benefited in the draft with the injury to Rodgers. Because the injury will prevent him from playing 65% of the Jets offensive plays this season. They will only have to give the Packers their 2nd round pick in the 2024 draft instead of their 1st round pick they would have had to give the Packers if Rodgers had played at least 65% of the plays on offense.

If the rumor they were asking for a first round pick plus Waddle in a trade for Taylor is factual. I will be surprised if they settle for a second round pick for him but anything is possible, I guess.
There was a report a week or so ago that said when trade talks for Taylor resumed that indy was going to be more realistic in their expectations.

Back
Top Bottom