Colts give Jonathan Taylor permission to be Traded | Page 186 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Colts give Jonathan Taylor permission to be Traded

That's great until it becomes disrespectful to the staff and disruptive to the locker room.
And has 22 carries for 24 yards in the season opener. A person could fall forward 22 times and make more yards....

Normally I'm a 'two sides to every story' type guy but Akers really makes me think there is fire to the smoke.

Back to back years demanding trades
Historical achilles injury

And now the Rams are publically saying they will give him away for a half-eatten bag of unsalted pretzels. When they said he is not coming back to the team even if untraded, they pretty much put the league on notice saying don't touch this guy. It was a subtle way of burning his bridges.
For a 7th? I don't know to be honest if it's worth it or not. He does have some talent apparently. Wouldn't pay alot. Maybe we can trade Ogbah and Wilson for Akers and Donald. 😂

For a 7th? I don't know to be honest if it's worth it or not. He does have some talent apparently. Wouldn't pay alot. Maybe we can trade Ogbah and Wilson for Akers and Donald. 😂
Last year he wasn't awful no?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230920-194240-060.png
    Screenshot_20230920-194240-060.png
    49 KB · Views: 5
Last year he wasn't awful no?
So why are they so quick to not only say they would trade him, but not even take him back if nobody else wanted him?

Sure, its worth picking up the phone and talking to people directly "in the know" but its pretty rare for a team to flat out say we are done with this guy while actively trying to trade him. Kinda defeats their negotiating powers right? Unless they are trying to torpedo him without explicitly slandering his ability or actions.

So why are they so quick to not only say they would trade him, but not even take him back if nobody else wanted him?

Sure, its worth picking up the phone and talking to people directly "in the know" but its pretty rare for a team to flat out say we are done with this guy while actively trying to trade him. Kinda defeats their negotiating powers right? Unless they are trying to torpedo him without explicitly slandering his ability or actions.
Not sure what happened there. Seems like a minor version of Taylor situation. Maybe he wanted more money who knows. Not even sure what his salary is tbh.

But the guy ran for almost 800 yards last year on a shitty team. For a 7th, why not unless he is a real douchbag

Except he didn't dominate last year. A fact alot of ppl around here just seem to forget.

Any team willing to give up a high draft pick and pay him top 3 RB money is doing it to sell tickets more than build a winner.

Dude was still one of the best in the entire league. In an injury plagued year he was ranked 5th in yards per game. He was also ranked 5th for broken tackles and tied for 1st for rush attempts per broken tackle. Sure, his baseline stats all dropped but you can see the player who put up over 2k total yards in 2021 is still there. He did that playing 11 games in one of the worst offenses in all of football.

I don't think we need Taylor, but he would undoubtedly add to our chances of winning a Super Bowl over the next 2 years. The debate is how much does he add and is it a significant improvement over Mostert who is playing at a pretty high level currently.

Yeah I’d say they lost a ton of ground though. Lost 4 weeks of Taylor, Mostert playing well and with the influx of rb injuries, their value just went even more down. Was I’d only offer a 3rd at this point now.
Value definitely going down some but I’d still be all over him.

This won’t be the last time we’ll see 3 safeties. We’re definitely gonna have to run the ball well like we did against the pats to win some games. I have trust in our current backfield to get the job done for the most part as long as Mostert is healthy.

That being said, if we added JT to our current backfield then I believe that would minimize defenses running 3 safeties and lightly stacking the box against us.

Just imagine if a defense used 3 safeties and lightly stacked the box to limit our pass game with a JT, Mostert, Wilson, and Achane backfield… We could pop off for 300 yards rushing in a game without giving any back 20 carries…

Dude was still one of the best in the entire league. In an injury plagued year he was ranked 5th in yards per game. He was also ranked 5th for broken tackles and tied for 1st for rush attempts per broken tackle. Sure, his baseline stats all dropped but you can see the player who put up over 2k total yards in 2021 is still there. He did that playing 11 games in one of the worst offenses in all of football.

I don't think we need Taylor, but he would undoubtedly add to our chances of winning a Super Bowl over the next 2 years. The debate is how much does he add and is it a significant improvement over Mostert who is playing at a pretty high level currently.
The point is that huge money he wants is desperately needed else where. We could use an upgrade at LB, Saftey.... and the elephant in the room is Oline.

4 of our 5 starting olinemen are in the last year of their contract, Williams, Wynn, Hunt and Jackson.

Don't forget we're currently 37.8 million OVER the cap next year.

It makes zero sense to add a 15 million dollar runningback to this team. It's borderline insanity to even consider it when you also have to give away draft picks.

The point is that huge money he wants is desperately needed else where. We could use an upgrade at LB, Saftey.... and the elephant in the room is Oline.

4 of our 5 starting olinemen are in the last year of their contract, Williams, Wynn, Hunt and Jackson.

Don't forget we're currently 37.8 million OVER the cap next year.

It makes zero sense to add a 15 million dollar runningback to this team. It's borderline insanity to even consider it when you also have to give away draft picks.
Where are you seeing 37.8? OTC has us at 22 over next year currently and that's without putting Tua on contract, dropping X post June and a whole slew of other cap cutting mechanisms. The cap next year is fine.

I'd also add that I like Mostert, but giving Mostert and a second for JT seems like a win to me. Or not, perfectly fine with what we currently have as well.

Where are you seeing 37.8? OTC has us at 22 over next year currently and that's without putting Tua on contract, dropping X post June and a whole slew of other cap cutting mechanisms. The cap next year is fine.

I'd also add that I like Mostert, but giving Mostert and a second for JT seems like a win to me. Or not, perfectly fine with what we currently have as well.
I believe we also have $10+ million to carry over

The Jets could be really good if Aaron Rodgers can stay healthy.

I reject this. They were a 3rd or 4th place team in the East, just like the past 7 years.

Onus is on then to prove otherwise and I don’t see it happening any time soon.

People said the same thing in 2008 when Favre went there. They finished 3rd.

Back
Top Bottom