Combine withdrawals | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Combine withdrawals

and i believe that allen is gonna be more of a red zone win wr than patterson...

Fair point regarding Denard's injury, although my gut tends to guide me here. What I see is a kid that's undeniably a severe threat totin' the rock as opposed to trying to catch it. I like his ability to run through tackles already...prior to adding a little more strength. I'd like for him to add to that and scheme him more out of the backfield.

Just an aside to the Allen conversation, Stedman Bailey is the #2 receiver on my board behind Patterson, and struggle with even having to put him there.

This was probably known by many of you, but Matt Barkley will not throw at the combine, as his shoulder injury isn't fully healed. I tend to think this won't hurt his draft position - those who want him high in the draft will be looking at his tape and more particularly his 2011-12 tape. The only things scouts will want confirmed would be body measurements and the athletic drills, in all of which he will take part.

I'm kind of glad to see Allen pull out. Less chance we will make him the pick now.

CP ftw :420:

Fair point regarding Denard's injury, although my gut tends to guide me here. What I see is a kid that's undeniably a severe threat totin' the rock as opposed to trying to catch it. I like his ability to run through tackles already...prior to adding a little more strength. I'd like for him to add to that and scheme him more out of the backfield.

Just an aside to the Allen conversation, Stedman Bailey is the #2 receiver on my board behind Patterson, and struggle with even having to put him there.

Stedman is going to have a great career of he find himself on the right team. He's a mix of Reggie Wayne and Steve Smith. I got to watch him at WVU and there's no doubt in my mind this kid is going to be looked at as one of the steals of the 2013 draft. Still kills me that 23 touchdowns dosent win you the belintnekoff(sorry for the spelling on that) award he ha something like 10 more than lee and only around 100 less receiving yards. Yea I think Lee might be the better overall receiver but numbers have to mean something . I digress, hope we steal steadmen with our second 2

Dee Milliner won't compete in the bench press and will undergo surgery on a torn labrum in his right shoulder after the combine.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was probably known by many of you, but Matt Barkley will not throw at the combine, as his shoulder injury isn't fully healed. I tend to think this won't hurt his draft position - those who want him high in the draft will be looking at his tape and more particularly his 2011-12 tape. The only things scouts will want confirmed would be body measurements and the athletic drills, in all of which he will take part.

Two NFL personnel men ripped USC QB Matt Barkley (shoulder) to Yahoo! Sports after Barkley announced he wouldn't throw at the Combine.
"Here we go again, another L.A. movie star quarterback who needs his own day to throw," said a veteran scout. Informed Barkley is injured, the scout replied, "I'm telling you, it's always [something] with guys from down there ... not just USC, the whole area. I don't know what it is." Added an NFL team executive, "And you wonder why guys from Southern California (are bad)? Everything is like they have to draw attention to themselves."

You turned me onto Stedman Bailey a long, long time ago. I put him #1 on my receiver board on no later than 12/24/2012...but once I caught up on all of the Cordarrelle tape (around 1/8/2013), I put him #1 which bumped Stedman down to #2. So that's also how I have it right now, Cordarrelle Patterson #1 and Stedman Bailey #2.

Keenan Allen isn't even necessarily my #3 right now. I'm leaning toward Markus Wheaton for that spot. I really do see a Santonio Holmes there, except with DeSean Jackson's pure speed. I have a lot of respect for Quinton Patton, Terrance Williams and Keenan Allen, and those are probably the three that are duking it out for #4, #5 and #6. And Allen may be closer to #6 than #4.

As for Denard Robinson, I respect your gut feel on the catching. You could easily be right. I saw enough in the route running at the Senior Bowl though (natural ability not necessarily refinement) that I'd have to stick with him at wide receiver and just see if it worked out.

He's got like 1200 throws on tape. I don't think the scouts need to see him throw at the Combine to make a judgment there.

It still confuses me that there's such strong disagreement on his arm strength. I've clocked his arm on a lot of different throws at a lot of different distances. It's not quite Ryan Tannehill, but it's a lot closer to Ryan Tannehill than it is Kellen Moore which is an absurd comparison I recently heard sourced from an anonymous general manager.

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

Two NFL personnel men ripped USC QB Matt Barkley (shoulder) to Yahoo! Sports after Barkley announced he wouldn't throw at the Combine.
"Here we go again, another L.A. movie star quarterback who needs his own day to throw," said a veteran scout. Informed Barkley is injured, the scout replied, "I'm telling you, it's always [something] with guys from down there ... not just USC, the whole area. I don't know what it is." Added an NFL team executive, "And you wonder why guys from Southern California (are bad)? Everything is like they have to draw attention to themselves."

Whoever those two guys are, are either idiots, or they're having fun with the media. I'm leaning toward the latter.

and i believe that allen is gonna be more of a red zone win wr than patterson...

This is way I've been saying all along. And a red zone weapon is what we're really lacking. If we draft Allen then I feel a lot better about signing Wallace who really presents little threat in the red zone

Stedman Bailey's unique ability to play bigger than his size is found in the measurements.

He measured in at 5' 10 1/4 " -- 193 pounds -- with 32 3/4" arms -- and nearly 10" hands. Those are the arm/hand measurements that are pretty standard for a 6'2" receiver.

Back
Top Bottom