Comcast "NFL Ticket?" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Comcast "NFL Ticket?"

ryyyan24

Starter
Reaction score
Im sure many of you have what I have COMCAST DIGITAL CABLE. I am very happy with this type of cable except for 1 thing... There is no type of NFL SUNDAY TICKET, there is every other sport (baseball, basketball, even soccer) But they dont have the sport that most people in America love to watch...FOOTBALL. Im not sure if anyone would no this but is COMCAST coming out with somethin like NFL TICKET??? any info would help.

The NFL just signed an exclusive 5 year extension with DirecTV. Comcast won't be seeing the Sunday Ticket for at least that long.

I talked to the "Cable Guy" about this very subject last year...interestingly enough, he was also a Diehard Dolphin fan here in Maryland.

He said that the Direct TV folks own the rights on that service. HOWEVER, they do not own the rights to High Definition games.

He was pretty sure that in a couple of years that digital cable subscribers would be able to pay per view HD NFL games.

Right now, Digital cable does have a regional sports package. Contact them to see if it includes Dolphins games.

does anyone know if the NFL network will be available on comcast/adelphia (same thing now)??

I dumped comcast just becasue they don't have the Ticket.

DirectTV owns Comcast.

comcast

I hate the exclusive contract. I have it, and the whole satellite hookup just for Sunday Ticket...and Comcast cable. :yell: I am a victim of monopolies!

PhinstiGator said:
I talked to the "Cable Guy" about this very subject last year...interestingly enough, he was also a Diehard Dolphin fan here in Maryland.

He said that the Direct TV folks own the rights on that service. HOWEVER, they do not own the rights to High Definition games.

He was pretty sure that in a couple of years that digital cable subscribers would be able to pay per view HD NFL games.

Right now, Digital cable does have a regional sports package. Contact them to see if it includes Dolphins games.

Phistigator where are you in Maryland..?

The reason cable companies do not get Sunday Ticket is because they get revenue from local broadcasts. If the service were to be offered they would lose most of that revenue since they would only receive royalty fees from Sunday Ticket.

I was talking to my sister two weeks ago about this issue when I was getting DirecTv installed at my new house. She is one of the executives at Comcast. DirecTV's contract is up in two or three years and Comcast has been planning on outbidding DirecTv when that time comes. Comcast didn't know how the bid the last time DirecTV won the rights to NFL Sunday Ticket, but she told me that Comcast knows the "ropes" now, and they are gearing up to take these rights away from DirectTv. Chairman of Comcast told his execs that he doesn't care how they do it, but "do whatever it takes to win the bid for NFL Sunday Ticket". It's gonna be an interesting battle between these two companies in a couple of years. STAY TUNED...

FinaticalOne said:
I was talking to my sister two weeks ago about this issue when I was getting DirecTv installed at my new house. She is one of the executives at Comcast. DirecTV's contract is up in two or three years and Comcast has been planning on outbidding DirecTv when that time comes. Comcast didn't know how the bid the last time DirecTV won the rights to NFL Sunday Ticket, but she told me that Comcast knows the "ropes" now, and they are gearing up to take these rights away from DirectTv. Chairman of Comcast told his execs that he doesn't care how they do it, but "do whatever it takes to win the bid for NFL Sunday Ticket". It's gonna be an interesting battle between these two companies in a couple of years. STAY TUNED...

I believe the new deal that DirecTV has with the NFL was just negotiated before last season. There should be another 4 years on the deal.

I heard rumors of Sunday Ticket going to cable, so I waited until they resolved the new contract before switching to DirecTV. Since switching I am VERY glad I did. Not only because of the Sunday Ticket, but also because Comcast BLOWS!!! They are expensive, their customer support is crappy and they ALWAYS offer fewer channels than satelite and other cable companies. I'm certain that if they were awarded the Sunday Ticket package they would figure out SOME way to screw it up.

Plus, DirecTV knows that they would see a MASS EXODUS of customers if they lost Sunday Ticket to cable. So I'm sure they will also do whatever it takes to make sure it stays with them.

FinaticalOne said:

Sunday Ticket is exclusive to DirecTV period through 2005. Starting in 2006 cable could get it ONLY *if* DirecTV doesn't pay up to maintain the exclusive.
DirecTV also has the satellite exclusive through 2007 which means at the earliest Dish could get it in 2008 but again, only if DirecTV doesn't pay up to maintain the exclusive.

Superself said:
Sunday Ticket is exclusive to DirecTV period through 2005. Starting in 2006 cable could get it ONLY *if* DirecTV doesn't pay up to maintain the exclusive.
DirecTV also has the satellite exclusive through 2007 which means at the earliest Dish could get it in 2008 but again, only if DirecTV doesn't pay up to maintain the exclusive.

Jesus, how many times did you have to say this before they get it?

As for the guy who has Comcast and Directv, all I can say is why? Directv blows Comcast away in every area. If you have broadband through them, drop it for a DSL line.

harmonkoz said:
As for the guy who has Comcast and Directv, all I can say is why? Directv blows Comcast away in every area. If you have broadband through them, drop it for a DSL line.

I held onto Comcast cable only as long as I had to.

I had 5 TV's in my house and only received 3 DTV receivers with my package. As soon as I was able to get the 2 additional receivers I switched over to DSL for my internet and dropped Comcast like a bad habit!

I wonder how long it will take Comcast to add the NFL Network to their lineup? Probably sometime after adding ESPNEWS or MTV2 to their lineup! We won't even talk about all the Discovery Channels, Disney Channels, Nickelodeons, ESPN Classic, Trio, Fuse, etc. because I doubt anyone will EVER see those on Comcast.

calmlikeabomb said:
I held onto Comcast cable only as long as I had to.

I had 5 TV's in my house and only received 3 DTV receivers with my package. As soon as I was able to get the 2 additional receivers I switched over to DSL for my internet and dropped Comcast like a bad habit!

I wonder how long it will take Comcast to add the NFL Network to their lineup? Probably sometime after adding ESPNEWS or MTV2 to their lineup! We won't even talk about all the Discovery Channels, Disney Channels, Nickelodeons, ESPN Classic, Trio, Fuse, etc. because I doubt anyone will EVER see those on Comcast.

Wow, that really blows for comcast subscribers! I didn't know it was that bad!
What is the incentive to stay with them unless your house location prevents you from getting satellite?

Back
Top Bottom