Commentary: Rebuilding...if we wanted it or not. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Commentary: Rebuilding...if we wanted it or not.

If you think we're rebuilding, I think your foolish. We are still at least a .500 football team this year and I still forsee playoffs. I hope you remember these articles you are writing because I will hold you to them at the end of the season, just like you can do to my opinions.

Calling this a rebuilding year is a cop-out as a fan. Your giving this team an excuse to be mediocre. I thought a pessimist like you wouldn't do that.

"The current roster may not hold any Pro Bowlers" what??

It might be a new era for the fins, but my expectations are the same. Win, I don't care how, just win.

Rebuilding? I'm sorry, but if you'd just look at the talent we got we are far from rebuilding. If anything is rebuilding, its just the offense, and besides the loss of ol' whatshisname, we have done it just fine with bringing in David Boston and a new offensive line.

Not the best article on Finheaven, thats for sure. :shakeno:

Phinz4Life said:
Rebuilding? I'm sorry, but if you'd just look at the talent we got we are far from rebuilding. If anything is rebuilding, its just the offense, and besides the loss of ol' whatshisname, we have done it just fine with bringing in David Boston and a new offensive line.

Not the best article on Finheaven, thats for sure. :shakeno:

I think media is making this worse than it is but I do think we need more depth a runnung back and great play from the offensive line and AJ FEELY or we are in for a long season.

hunter5nc1 said:
I think media is making this worse than it is but I do think we need more depth a runnung back and great play from the offensive line and AJ FEELY or we are in for a long season.
If we had those 3 we would be a superbowl contender.

We're not re-building, but I still don't think we're going to be that good this year. I'll root for them just as hard as I always have, but I wasn't expecting a lot WITH Ricky, and I definately don't expect much now- probably 6 wins max. Looking forward to eventually firing Wannnschmuck and truly beginning anew. I'm still pumped for Dolphins football though. I can't not be pumped up knowing the season is right around the corner.

Thanks for reading everyone. If you have an entirely new offensive unit in the field, and all of it is unproven, I think you're rebuilding. It isn't a negative. Sometimes teams rebuild with quality players. It just means that we are fielding a majority of differnet players and the dynamics of our team are now evolving for our future. It also means, more than ever, we truly do not know what to expect.

I still hope for the best.

I just want to say this. I get sick and tired of hearing people whine and complain about decision made and not made. We have no control of what ones are and are not made. I am tired of people saying "We don't have Ricky now were doomed" Randy beat his wife now were doomed. Marino resigned now we are doomed. We gave a second round draft pick for A.J. Feely he is unproven and a Third String QB we are doomed. I don't know about you guys but I am a fan of the MIAMI DOLPHINS. I like the players but I don't like the DOLPHINS because of the players. We don't know the players but the coaches and the other players do. They no what they are capable of. The sports writers don't know the players like their teamates and coaches do.

How can we set here and say that we won't be over 500. On any given Sunday a team could be beat. NE could lose Brady, The Colts could lose Manning, The titans have lost George, Kearse, Smith, Wychec, and others is there season done? Thats why they play the game. There are 11 guys on OFF. and 11 on DEF. that all have to work together in order to win. This is not a one or 2 man sport. There will be 53 players on this team come the start of the season and everyone of them will be in this league because they deserve to be. The players still believe this team can compete and believe me they should know they work beside these people everyday we see them on Sundays for a short time. We still have one of the best Defenses in the league. Also Don't ya think the players want to win more than we want them to.

With all this being said we haven't even played a down yet. Have faith in your team. If we go 0-16 I will be upset but I will still be a DOLPHIN fan no matter what.

I am not saying were doomed. I am saying were rebuilding. Teams find various levels of success while they are rebuilding. Perhaps our win and loss record will vary slightly, or not at all. I do know you do not replace th entire offense and expect them to be an instant success. It just isn't that easy. You also do not easily replace a talent like Williams. But I am excited to see where we are going. I think it is time to get out of this five yer funk and maybe this is what we needed to get the ball rolling.

Thank you for reading.

Matt ... interesting read.

Before the bombshell, I was looking forward to an improved offense. Now, I honestly think we'll end up with an offense that performs at about the same level. Last year, that got us to 10-6. It remains to be seen where such an effort will put us this year.

We habe been "close"for a couple of years now.Its our coaching and FO who have let us down.Its sad because I really think we could have reached a SB by now.However we must go ahead and hopefully fit in the pieces eventually to get to the promised land .It will happen in most of our lifetimes .However there must be change in our FO and coaching.Call it Karma or whatever but this staff has only brought us bad luck,missunderstanding,controversy and mismanagement.A change is needed.

Back
Top Bottom